Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Still Struggling
Bookmark and Share
ChicagoHuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Still Struggling
I know there are much more important things in this world, but, man, I am really struggling with this loss badly. The excitement of the party & game going to Phoenix had me so damn fired up. This hurts worse than any loss I have ever been through. 03-hissyfit
12-09-2013 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
RE: Still Struggling
It was nowhere near the level of the Akron or Miami game. They got beat by a team who was better that night. It's sports. It happens.
12-09-2013 09:17 AM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
i think people are struggling over the loss of the potential positive opportunities more than the actual loss of the game. This was the biggest game in NIU history, for good reason, IMO.
12-09-2013 09:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChicagoHuskie Offline
1st String

(12-09-2013 09:21 AM)huskiealum03 Wrote:  i think people are struggling over the loss of the potential positive opportunities more than the actual loss of the game. This was the biggest game in NIU history, for good reason, IMO.
I think you nail it here.... it is all about the positives missed than the loss itself. Either way it is a killer
12-09-2013 09:25 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Baylor would have scored 70 on NIU. There's nothing to lament, really.
12-09-2013 09:27 AM
DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-09-2013 09:17 AM)7 Wrote:  It was nowhere near the level of the Akron or Miami game. They got beat by a team who was better that night. It's sports. It happens.

Yeah, losing in some fluky, random way like those games was way worse for me than seeing a loss to a team that basically did everything right for 60 minutes.

More was lost Friday but I don't have any wouldacouldashouldas about such a definitive outcome.
12-09-2013 09:30 AM
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(12-09-2013 09:27 AM)7 Wrote:  Baylor would have scored 70 on NIU. There's nothing to lament, really.

That is the only positive I can come up with after this game. Would have been a worse showing than the MACC (hard to do, but would have happened). Really hope our DB recruit Juwan Dowels stays on board he could very well start as a freshman next year same way Jimmy did.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 09:32 AM by HuskiePride12.)
12-09-2013 09:31 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Seriously, Baylor would have done ungodly bad things to NIU.
12-09-2013 09:32 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(12-09-2013 09:11 AM)ChicagoHuskie Wrote:  I know there are much more important things in this world, but, man, I am really struggling with this loss badly. The excitement of the party & game going to Phoenix had me so damn fired up. This hurts worse than any loss I have ever been through. 03-hissyfit

This is what I tried to warn people about all last week. Never count your eggs before they're hatched. Now you know why.
12-09-2013 09:35 AM
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

I'm most upset that the Huskies were so out-coached. It's a bad sign that the entire team could be so unprepared for a game that was so important. I know guys were injured, but there were too many decisions made that were just plain stupid. I've been saying it all year, I hate the defensive scheme. It looked to me that BG just watched the EIU game and said, "Wow! These guys can't cover anybody. Let's run these plays against them." I'm still excited about watching the bowl to see how they bounce back, but I am very weary about next season.
12-09-2013 09:41 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Yea naturally I would've liked to win to get another MAC title but I really didn't want to play Baylor. In this game we'll at least have a shot, if the players can get over that last loss.
12-09-2013 09:42 AM
Advertisement

Turner4Heisman Offline
1st String

Agree with 7. A combination of the fact that Ok St (or as it shook out Baylor) would have beat us down, and it was not a Miami or Akron type of loss leaves me with an oh well, such is sports type mentality.

Maybe I am just getting older, but getting too worked up about a beating we took just does not seem worth while. We got beat in basically every aspect of the game so why whine about it at all.

That being said if we lost on a 3rd and 33 type situation I most likely would have been playing in traffic.
12-09-2013 09:44 AM
sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-09-2013 09:41 AM)timxlydon Wrote:  I'm most upset that the Huskies were so out-coached. It's a bad sign that the entire team could be so unprepared for a game that was so important. I know guys were injured, but there were too many decisions made that were just plain stupid. I've been saying it all year, I hate the defensive scheme. It looked to me that BG just watched the EIU game and said, "Wow! These guys can't cover anybody. Let's run these plays against them." I'm still excited about watching the bowl to see how they bounce back, but I am very weary about next season.

+1
12-09-2013 09:45 AM
sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
We have already been to a BCS Bowl.
The MACC 2005 loss was allot harder.
Losses to Toledo in 2003/2004 were far worse.
This has been the best season in NIU Football since George Bork.
Very pleased with NIU FB.
Cannot match 12-0.
12-09-2013 09:51 AM
beachboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: huskies
Hands down, I would rather have a disappointing loss be a blowout than a close loss. Believe me, had NIU lost this game in the final seconds, as it did in 2005 and 2010, it would have been twice as devastating. Struggle, yes, but let's get back on the train and root hard for this team Dec. 26.
12-09-2013 09:51 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I would rather have a close loss.
12-09-2013 09:59 AM
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(12-09-2013 09:44 AM)Turner4Heisman Wrote:  Agree with 7. A combination of the fact that Ok St (or as it shook out Baylor) would have beat us down, and it was not a Miami or Akron type of loss leaves me with an oh well, such is sports type mentality.

Maybe I am just getting older, but getting too worked up about a beating we took just does not seem worth while. We got beat in basically every aspect of the game so why whine about it at all.

That being said if we lost on a 3rd and 33 type situation I most likely would have been playing in traffic.
Exactly how I feel lol.
12-09-2013 10:01 AM
NIU8484 Offline
All American

The loss is so painful given the amount vested in a victory...back to back BCS, undefeated season, MAC champs, Heisman hopes.....that's what made it falling into a lake in 10 degrees v. 50 degrees....much more shock value as all those good things were just lost...
12-09-2013 10:03 AM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(12-09-2013 09:59 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  I would rather have a close loss.

Not me. The 2005 and 2010 MACC losses were absolute gut-wrenchers.
12-09-2013 10:21 AM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(12-09-2013 09:44 AM)Turner4Heisman Wrote:  Agree with 7. A combination of the fact that Ok St (or as it shook out Baylor) would have beat us down, and it was not a Miami or Akron type of loss leaves me with an oh well, such is sports type mentality.

+1

You nailed it. After the Akron & Miami debacles, is why the 2011 MACC was so HUGE!

And to your 3rd & 33 comment...I'd been right there with ya.
12-09-2013 10:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.