UT can blame itself for bowl slight
12-09-2013 08:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocket 51 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: UT can blame itself for bowl slight
Dave is right on with this piece. Bowl gone..move on.
12-09-2013 09:16 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(12-09-2013 09:16 AM)rocket 51 Wrote:  Dave is right on with this piece. Bowl gone..move on.

+1
12-09-2013 09:18 AM
sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-09-2013 09:18 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 09:16 AM)rocket 51 Wrote:  Dave is right on with this piece. Bowl gone..move on.

+1

+2

At least you have a young team and a great recruiting class for next year. Two good BB teams for this year.
12-09-2013 09:22 AM
tampabayrocketfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of Toledo
All we can do is look forward now. I imagine the moving crews are busy getting all the football stuff out of Larimar and moving it to the press tower as we speak in order to begin the expansion and renovation.
12-09-2013 09:23 AM
1952 rocket Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: toledo rockets
(12-09-2013 09:23 AM)tampabayrocketfan Wrote:  All we can do is look forward now. I imagine the moving crews are busy getting all the football stuff out of Larimar and moving it to the press tower as we speak in order to begin the expansion and renovation.

whatmakes this bowl pick hard to understand:ou loses at home to central michigan 33 to 26,kent state 44to 13 and are blown away by bg 49 to 0,buffalo 30 to 3 and louisville 49 to 7.by the way kent state lost to akron16 to7.doesn't make any sense at all.
12-09-2013 10:11 AM
Advertisement

NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:Or maybe, just maybe, a rumored strained relationship between the MAC office and Toledo athletic administrators is more than idle chat. The conference office certainly plays a role in brokering bowl deals.

Let's go ahead and raise the West MAC Co-Championship banner!
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 10:17 AM by NewMex RocketFan.)
12-09-2013 10:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets

I'm still ticked off!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!
12-09-2013 10:43 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
How in the hell does Ohio get a bowl bid???? This looks to be as corrupt as it appears. So the MAC sends NIU, BG, Ball, and Ohio? 2 from each division - is that the logic? OU just plain sucks.

There needs to be an explanation. Has one been given? Did not read the Hack article - but this should give Toledo more impetus to move on and away from the MAC.
12-09-2013 10:58 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
When I get some time, I'm sending a pretty nasty, but well written email to the league office. This incompetence should not be tolerated and goes all the way back to re-allowing. Marshall back into the conference where they could cheat with the rules again and buy home field advantage for the MACC. Disgusting for rumors to be so prevalent. I used to think I just imagined them.

Why not start a push with UT officials to see what it takes to go elsewhere? Maybe that is closer to happening and the league office is punishing us for it.
12-09-2013 11:06 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

For those looking to travel to a bowl game heading out to Lawrence, KS for the Rockets Dec. 30 game is an option. I did try to sell my wife on spending New Year's Eve in Lawrence but no nibble yet.
12-09-2013 11:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Terry Offline
All American

(12-09-2013 11:06 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  When I get some time, I'm sending a pretty nasty, but well written email to the league office. This incompetence should not be tolerated and goes all the way back to re-allowing. Marshall back into the conference where they could cheat with the rules again and buy home field advantage for the MACC. Disgusting for rumors to be so prevalent. I used to think I just imagined them.

Why not start a push with UT officials to see what it takes to go elsewhere? Maybe that is closer to happening and the league office is punishing us for it.

Maybe Toledo (we) should try to get kicked out of the MAC!!!!!!!03-nutkick

If and when Toledo leaves the MAC, it would dropped down to FCS status for football. The MAC would lose the attendence numbers of the Glass Bowl. In addition, The attentence numbers that the Toledo Travelers inflate at BGSUcks and Eastern Michigan would also suffer greatly.
12-09-2013 11:23 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-09-2013 10:58 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  How in the hell does Ohio get a bowl bid???? This looks to be as corrupt as it appears. So the MAC sends NIU, BG, Ball, and Ohio? 2 from each division - is that the logic? OU just plain sucks.

There needs to be an explanation. Has one been given? Did not read the Hack article - but this should give Toledo more impetus to move on and away from the MAC.

Ryan A's tweets from yesterday did mention friction between UT and the MAC office about the handling of men's BB sanctions and a MAC staffer tweeting a picture of a BEAT TOLEDO sign.
12-09-2013 11:23 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I would definitely been in Florida after Christmas. Still may do it, but having a bowl game would have been better.
12-09-2013 11:32 AM
DSV27 Offline
Water Engineer

(12-09-2013 11:23 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 10:58 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  How in the hell does Ohio get a bowl bid???? This looks to be as corrupt as it appears. So the MAC sends NIU, BG, Ball, and Ohio? 2 from each division - is that the logic? OU just plain sucks.

Ryan A's tweets from yesterday did mention friction between UT and the MAC office about the handling of men's BB sanctions and a MAC staffer tweeting a picture of a BEAT TOLEDO sign.

This hole thing stinks. I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that Toledo did NOT deserve a bowl game for how they performed this year. This issue is that an even more undeserving team from the same conference was picked over UT. There is NO question UT played the tougher "in conference" schedule and "out of conference" schedule. This snubbing would not happen in any other conference in the country. It smells of a serious bias within the Conference management. There really is no other explanation. If I am the O'Brien, I am seriously looking long team at moving to a different conference.
12-09-2013 11:42 AM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
(12-09-2013 11:23 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

BEAT TOLEDO sign....from the MAC office?...really?
12-09-2013 11:49 AM
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
When I first started reading the string and the strained relationship was mentioned, my first thought was to last year's basketball season and how it was handled. First off we made our bed with bad hires and recruiting, but we rectified the problem. The MAC's hands might be tied by the NCAA on the scholarship and schedule restrictions, but couldn't the MAC have lobbied for less restrictive sanctions. At the very least as a show of support? Maybe they did? We knew we couldn't go to the NCAA's, but did the MAC have to ban us from post season play? Was that a MAC rule or an NCAA rule about not particpating in "any" postseason. The ultimate slap was the outright refusal to recognize us as MAC west co-champs. Even that seemed to come out at the last part of the season. It just seemed like piling on.

While I've been on the regroup, no bowl bandwagon for this year, it is an insult that OU gets invited over us. Based on the final product OU appears to be a less worthy team for the Conf. to support. I bet MOB's phone was hot on that conversation with the commissioner. Anyone have any more info or proof on this "Beat Toledo" post
12-09-2013 12:08 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(12-09-2013 10:17 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  
Quote:Or maybe, just maybe, a rumored strained relationship between the MAC office and Toledo athletic administrators is more than idle chat. The conference office certainly plays a role in brokering bowl deals.

Absolutely agree. Maybe we'll get lucky and the MAC will kick us out. If we're gonna have trouble getting into a bowl game in the future when we are "on the edge" (i.e., not a Division champ), then what's the sense in playing in a conference in football? For a transition let's take bball to the Missouri Valley Conference if they'll have us--they did lose Creighton--and play an independent football schedule--we'd probably get some better home games as a result....yes, I know that independent football could be the kiss of death--but if we could beat some "name" teams doing it we may get an offer to another conference? Just dreaming. Wake me up.
12-09-2013 12:35 PM
Terry Offline
All American

(12-09-2013 12:35 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  

Absolutely agree. Maybe we'll get lucky and the MAC will kick us out. If we're gonna have trouble getting into a bowl game in the future when we are "on the edge" (i.e., not a Division champ), then what's the sense in playing in a conference in football? For a transition let's take bball to the Missouri Valley Conference if they'll have us--they did lose Creighton--and play an independent football schedule--we'd probably get some better home games as a result....yes, I know that independent football could be the kiss of death--but if we could beat some "name" teams doing it we may get an offer to another conference? Just dreaming. Wake me up.

First time we've agreed this week!!!!!!!!!04-rock

Missouri Valley is definitely a step up in Olympic sports and especially in basketball.

It's been proven no one around Toledo wants to watch MAC football. They'll come out to see Toledo play, but not to see MAC opponents unless it's BG or a title game. In addition, if we play independent football the Rockets will actually get to play football on Saturdays!!!!!!!!!!!02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 12:52 PM by Terry.)
12-09-2013 12:52 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(12-09-2013 12:52 PM)Terry Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 12:35 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  

First time we've agreed this week!!!!!!!!!04-rock

Missouri Valley is definitely a step up in Olympic sports and especially in basketball.

It's been proven no one around Toledo wants to watch MAC football. They'll come out to see Toledo play, but not to see MAC opponents unless it's BG or a title game. In addition, if we play independent football the Rockets will actually get to play football on Saturdays!!!!!!!!!!!02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana

Hey, even I can be right every once in awhile! 03-lmfao

But scheduling as an independent would be difficult...I'm sure the MAC would issue an edict that no MAC team could play us--even BG. We'd likely have to schedule a bunch or 2 or even 3 for 1s to get a home schedule...maybe even only get 5 a year--but could you imagine a home schedule that included a service academy every year, a Cincy or Louisville every 2-3 years, a big 10 team...without conference games to have to schedule, we could afford to give up some dates. Getting others to schedule us mid-conference season for them would be tough, though. And we'd probably struggle more against a tougher schedule from game 1 through 12, but it might be more fun to watch?
12-09-2013 01:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.