Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How might Bowling Green's upset tonight affect our bowl opponent?
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
How might Bowling Green's upset tonight affect our bowl opponent?
What sorts of unexpected bowl-assignment dominoes will fall after tonight's upset by Bowling Green over expected BCS-bowl candidate, Norhtern Illinois?

Might the new chain of bowl matchups affect who might be available for bowls we're likely to play in (win or lose on Saturday)?
12-06-2013 11:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DFW Owl Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice
New Orleans Bowl
RE: How might Bowling Green's upset tonight affect our bowl opponent?
Also how much money did Rice and the other C-USA schools lose from this outcome?
12-06-2013 11:30 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
Ugh...
12-07-2013 12:21 AM
mrbig Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
Maybe not at all. Probably bump a bowl-eligible MAC team out of a bowl and ensure that all the eligible teams from bigger conferences get spots. Some current bowl projections had ACC or AAC or MWC or CUSA teams staying home despite eligibility. This probably helps those teams. Might lower quality of opponent in HOD bowl.
12-07-2013 01:43 AM
Advertisement

Converted Rice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice/Baylor
May hand a BCS bowl to my Bears. if we take care of business
12-07-2013 02:36 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Bottom line, we need to take care of our own business and not count on others to do it for us. That's been our problem since at least the late 1960s. Can't speak to before then because 1) I wasn't here, and 2) at least from appearances, we were doing okay in those days.
12-07-2013 02:51 AM
texd Offline
Weirdly (but seductively) meaty

I Root For: acorns & such

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(12-07-2013 02:51 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Bottom line, we need to take care of our own business and not count on others to do it for us. That's been our problem since at least the late 1960s. Can't speak to before then because 1) I wasn't here, and 2) at least from appearances, we were doing okay in those days.

I think the concern was more from the standpoint of losing a potential opponent than the NIU loss helping us in some way. There's no way we can help ourself out of that one. In either bowl that we've been most predicted to go to, the dominoes could have an effect on our opponent. I suppose that we're more likely to be affected if we go to HOD (if it means two Big XII teams go to BCS) than Liberty, but either way, today's games could shake things up.
12-07-2013 10:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.