Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC/B1G Challenge
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
ACC/B1G Challenge
4-2 ACC leads...predictions for today?

Crean has no friggin idea how to coach against the zone. Cuse looked like a F4 team last night. Duke looked good too.

If Maryland losses to tOSU tonight who gets the loss?
12-04-2013 09:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
RE: ACC/B1G Challenge
I predict next year the Big Ten will have 14 teams and the ACC will have 15.

So next year will be the first chance to have 14 total matchups. Only then will the challenge be a true test of conference strength.

I am also confused. Do I emotionally root for or root against Maryland this year? Should I count that as a win or loss?

bottom line. Big ten was able to snatch one of the ACC's own schools in the realignment game. . In the grand scheme of things, Big ten wins.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 09:15 AM by goofus.)
12-04-2013 09:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
Well the real question is if the B1G signs at least half it's TV rights over to Fox does this continue? I say no. Enjoy it while you can guys!
12-04-2013 09:18 AM
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(12-04-2013 09:18 AM)NJRedMan Wrote:  Well the real question is if the B1G signs at least half it's TV rights over to Fox does this continue? I say no. Enjoy it while you can guys!

I think the challenge will continue regardless of what occurs. There's about a 99.9% chance that the Big Ten will still have a fairly deep relationship with ESPN and it has become a signature non-conference event. Everyone else has attempted to duplicate it without any real success, so that's something that you don't give up easily. Whatever you want to say about the Big Ten and their relationships with other conferences, Delany doesn't shy away from high profile events like the ACC-Big Ten Challenge or signing the league up to a tough bowl schedule with a lot of SEC teams (even if they're supposedly enemies off-the-field).
12-04-2013 09:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TexanMark Online
Legend

I think this series ends up 6-6 overall...both conferences appear about the same. Once Louisville joins the pendulum shifts.
12-04-2013 10:10 AM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Illinois collapsing definitely hurt the Big Ten's chances. I still predict a tie and a Big Ten win isn't out of the realm of possibility given the match-ups today, but Illinois winning would have left it 3-3 and made for a likely Big Ten win.
12-04-2013 10:25 AM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Not much of a challenge if you ask me. As always The Big Ten is over rated in basketball, just like football. The only thing they aren't over rated in is shafting cable subscribers every month. Thanks Jim Delaney for forcing me to pay for a station I don't watch.
CJ

PS give me ala carte. I will pay more as long as I don't give The Big Ten one red cent.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 10:39 AM by CardinalJim.)
12-04-2013 10:37 AM
ohio1317 Offline

(12-04-2013 10:37 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Not much of a challenge if you ask me. As always The Big Ten is over rated in basketball, just like football. The only thing they aren't over rated in is shafting cable subscribers every month. Thanks Jim Delaney for forcing me to pay for a station I don't watch.
CJ

PS give me ala carte. I will pay more as long as I don't give The Big Ten one red cent.

I wouldn't say that so soon. The Big Ten is going to be the favorite in 4 of the 6 games today and Wisconsin isn't a big underdog on the road. Winning 5 of 6 today would take some luck, but the Challenge isn't over and a tie is probably the most likely result.
12-04-2013 10:44 AM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
I also am predicting a tie.

Mark - the orange looked good last night, very good. It still amazes me how Crean can come from the Big East and not understand how to atleast compete against Syracuse's zone. Especially after getting schooled by Boeheim, what, 8 or 9 months ago?

Congrats on the win.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 11:12 AM by Hank Schrader.)
12-04-2013 11:12 AM
TexanMark Online
Legend

(12-04-2013 11:12 AM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  I also am predicting a tie.

Mark - the orange looked good last night, very good. It still amazes me how Crean can come from the Big East and not understand how to atleast compete against Syracuse's zone. Especially after getting schooled by Boeheim, what, 8 or 9 months ago?

Congrats on the win.

Thanks...weird he has no clue how to prep a team for the zone. A young team like Indiana will get slaugtered...they brought the ball into traps all night long.

I don't know what to think of Wisconsin...UVA should be a good challenge for them tonight and is the key game this evening.
12-04-2013 11:29 AM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!

Congrats on the win.

the problem with crean is that he cant even coach basic high-school level counters to the zone.

hes like a world war one general who decides to use calvary to counter trench warfare
12-04-2013 11:30 AM
Advertisement

dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
(12-04-2013 10:37 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Not much of a challenge if you ask me. As always The Big Ten is over rated in basketball, just like football. The only thing they aren't over rated in is shafting cable subscribers every month. Thanks Jim Delaney for forcing me to pay for a station I don't watch.
CJ

LOL ACC hasn't won the Challenge since 2008
12-04-2013 12:04 PM
NJ2MDTerp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
(12-04-2013 09:00 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  4-2 ACC leads...predictions for today?

Crean has no friggin idea how to coach against the zone. Cuse looked like a F4 team last night. Duke looked good too.

If Maryland losses to tOSU tonight who gets the loss?
If Mark Turgeon (and Brenda Freese) had it his way, it would be the ACC this year and in the following years.
12-04-2013 12:44 PM
CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(12-04-2013 12:04 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  LOL ACC hasn't won the Challenge since 2008

And yet The Big Ten chokes in the big games. Last year the media propped up Indiana and Michigan all year last year, then they ran into Syracuse and Louisville.
Michigan...LOL Louisville faced tougher competition during the regular season. This year the sunshine pumpers are all pushing Michigan State. SSDY
CJ
12-04-2013 01:19 PM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
All the home teams won yesterday...the league that wins on the other league's court will likely win the challenge.
12-04-2013 01:48 PM
ohio1317 Offline

(12-04-2013 01:19 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 12:04 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  LOL ACC hasn't won the Challenge since 2008

And yet The Big Ten chokes in the big games. Last year the media propped up Indiana and Michigan all year last year, then they ran into Syracuse and Louisville.
Michigan...LOL Louisville faced tougher competition during the regular season. This year the sunshine pumpers are all pushing Michigan State. SSDY
CJ

Michigan wasn't the best team in the Big Ten last year. They finished 4th. They did the best in the NCAA Tournament with the match-ups in front of them and made the championship and are national runner-ups because of that, but they were not the Big Ten team most likely to seriously push Louisville.

NCAA Tournament is crap shoot. The Big Ten hasn't gotten national championships in awhile there, but it has a lot of Final Four appearances and overall has done very well. You don't have to like the conference, but the conference is very clearly one of the ones at the top and that's true whether it has the best team in the country or not.
12-04-2013 02:05 PM
Advertisement

Hoosier Hysteria Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Indiana
(12-04-2013 11:30 AM)john01992 Wrote:  

Congrats on the win.

the problem with crean is that he cant even coach basic high-school level counters to the zone.

hes like a world war one general who decides to use calvary to counter trench warfare

Yes this has concerned me as an Indiana Fan the last 2 years. It's not just Cuse but other teams that play zone they struggle. I predict a tie but when Louisville comes in next year it tilts the advantage towards ACC. I think Kansas and UCONN could help the BIG in BBall but not in FBall.
12-04-2013 03:16 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(12-04-2013 03:16 PM)Hoosier Hysteria Wrote:  

Congrats on the win.

Yes this has concerned me as an Indiana Fan the last 2 years. It's not just Cuse but other teams that play zone they struggle. I predict a tie but when Louisville comes in next year it tilts the advantage towards ACC. I think Kansas and UCONN could help the BIG in BBall but not in FBall.

Dead on, and this is how I think it shakes out.
12-04-2013 03:30 PM
BewareThePhog Offline
1st String

I Root For: KU
(12-04-2013 03:30 PM)Dasville Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 03:16 PM)Hoosier Hysteria Wrote:  

Congrats on the win.

Dead on, and this is how I think it shakes out.
I like our midwest/plains roots, but if further consolidation takes place the B1G would be a logical landing spot for us, and we'd certainly enjoy being part of a challenge like this one.
12-04-2013 04:29 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(12-04-2013 01:19 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  

CJ

And yet, his point is absolutely valid and yours is not because this is a thread about the Big Ten vs ACC challenge.

You are just mentally unable to rationally post when it comes to posting about the Big Ten.
12-04-2013 06:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.