k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
Toronto columnist on state of team with Rudy Gay -- ouch
same song (maybe worse), different team

yikes

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/r...the-bench/
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 03:27 PM by k2tigers.)
12-02-2013 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

RE: Toronto columnist on state of team with Rudy Gay -- ouch
Rudy Gay is becoming a laughing stock. It's kinda sad. He always seemed like a good person and worked pretty hard. But his shooting stats will certainly make you cringe.
12-02-2013 03:32 PM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

No heart and can't handle pressure of his paycheck.
12-02-2013 03:34 PM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I'd like for some of the rudy supporters to say something now. Please entertain us. I know biggestigerjlb and cusanews are boom outta here (on this forum) but there were others who said rudy's game would be much better once he got away from memphis.

Everyone should know by now that rudy is overrated and not worth all that money.

Anyways, what is really sad is toronto beat the grizz at home and also lead the trash atlantic division with a 6-10 record ( winning 38% of their games which is good for the 4 seed in the eastern playoffs).
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 04:37 PM by tmoneyinmphs.)
12-02-2013 04:36 PM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

I think Rudy was probably a better player here where he was (mostly) under control. I believe he was a bit intimidated by Randolph, Gasol and Hollins. He knew he would never get away with taking that many shots here plus he was forced to be a part of of more team oriented system. Rudy will only flourish where he has strong, veteran teammates that will keep him in check as well as a no nonsense coach, none of which he has in Toronto now. It's his own personal wild wild west up there.
12-02-2013 05:09 PM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
yep - may also explain his twice being cut from the Olmpic teams - prodigious athletic talent, but not a Coach K type of teammate
12-02-2013 05:33 PM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

(12-02-2013 05:33 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  yep - may also explain his twice being cut from the Olmpic teams - prodigious athletic talent, but not a Coach K type of teammate

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=571275

There were so many players not in the mix due to injury or whatever. I laugh just rereading this thread.
12-02-2013 07:45 PM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
I bet he hoped it really was his eyes.
12-02-2013 07:59 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

I have seen bits and pieces of quite a few Raptors' games this year. Gay is exactly the same as he was in Memphis; except he is even more selfish, he cares even less and he is lazier.
12-02-2013 09:34 PM
Advertisement

BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-02-2013 09:34 PM)Stammers Wrote:  I have seen bits and pieces of quite a few Raptors' games this year. Gay is exactly the same as he was in Memphis; except he is even more selfish, he cares even less and he is lazier.

Gay was not traded for cap reasons , he was dumped for basketball reasons ..(of course if he was making 3 million per and would have come off the bench he would still be here .. )
12-02-2013 09:50 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(12-02-2013 09:50 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 09:34 PM)Stammers Wrote:  I have seen bits and pieces of quite a few Raptors' games this year. Gay is exactly the same as he was in Memphis; except he is even more selfish, he cares even less and he is lazier.

Gay was not traded for cap reasons , he was dumped for basketball reasons ..(of course if he was making 3 million per and would have come off the bench he would still be here .. )

No doubt. Toronto took Gay for the same reason Memphis gambled on Randolph.
12-02-2013 10:26 PM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(12-02-2013 04:36 PM)tmoneyinmphs Wrote:  I'd like for some of the rudy supporters to say something now. Please entertain us. I know biggestigerjlb and cusanews are boom outta here (on this forum) but there were others who said rudy's game would be much better once he got away from memphis.

Everyone should know by now that rudy is overrated and not worth all that money.

Anyways, what is really sad is toronto beat the grizz at home and also lead the trash atlantic division with a 6-10 record ( winning 38% of their games which is good for the 4 seed in the eastern playoffs).

I'm still mad we got rid of him last year. He would have filled a hole last year, paycheck be damned.

His contributions would have exceeded the combo of Prince, Daye, and Davis.
12-03-2013 07:06 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

It's funny but I bet that.Raptor fan is saying "No, not this guy. It's effing Rudy Gay" but for.a different reason.now.
12-03-2013 07:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjaytee Offline
1st String

I Root For:
That commentary is much worse than anything ever written about him here. I followed the Raptors board after the trade and it didn't take long for their fans to turn on him after he teased them with decent play early on.

I was so tired of Rudy by the time he was traded I would have been happy with one of those minor league baseball trades where they trade a player for bats and balls.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 11:38 PM by mjaytee.)
12-03-2013 11:38 PM
Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ron Paul
He blew a 27 point lead last night. Warriors are fun to watch.
12-04-2013 01:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
450bench Offline

(12-03-2013 07:06 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 04:36 PM)tmoneyinmphs Wrote:  I'd like for some of the rudy supporters to say something now. Please entertain us. I know biggestigerjlb and cusanews are boom outta here (on this forum) but there were others who said rudy's game would be much better once he got away from memphis.

I'm still mad we got rid of him last year. He would have filled a hole last year, paycheck be damned.

Couldn't disagree more.
12-05-2013 09:41 AM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

(12-05-2013 09:41 AM)450bench Wrote:  
(12-03-2013 07:06 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  

Couldn't disagree more.

Yeah, i would say those 3 were better for our team success than having just rudy gay. The grizz had their best success in the playoffs in recent years when rudy gay was NOT playing. I don't think anyone will argue that prince is a far better defender than rudy gay, and he don't take 18 shots per game to get 18 points. This allowed more touches for other players like conley, zbo, and gasol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed davis and prince make a combined $10.4 million this year. Here's their combined numbers so far:

13.1 points shooting 48% overall while taking 5.5 to 11.8 shots per game, 21% 3 pt, 7.5 reb, 2.4 assist, .5 steal, 1.2 blocks, 1.2 turnovers.

Rudy gay makes $18.9 million this year. His numbers:

19.6 points shooting 39% overall while taking 7.3 to 18.8 shots per game, 38% 3 pt, 7.2 reb, 2.2 assist, 1.5 steal, 1.3 blocks, 3.4 turnovers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/18745...orst-enemy

Quotes from the above article blasting rudy's game:

"Gay is the last of a dying breed: the low-percentage, high-volume chucker who quietly kills his team. There aren't many players who still play like he does. And those who do certainly aren't afforded "No. 1 option" status on their teams."

"Gay's stubborn, selfish play has infected the rest of the roster, killing ball movement and creating me-first players all over the place."

"Gay makes it almost impossible to play good team ball because his presence on the court means the rock invariably stops moving."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Vernon @ChrisVernonShow

HAHAHAHAHA!!! RT @freemaneric: #BDL: Rudy Gay has banned stat sheets from the Raptors locker room.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-d...--nba.html
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 11:42 AM by tmoneyinmphs.)
12-05-2013 11:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.