Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GT football finally became ranked this week
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
GT football finally became ranked this week
Coming in at #18! http://coacheshotseat.com/

No number assigned, but this one was before the UGAg choke job: http://footballrumormill.com/2013/11/18/...ay-nov-18/

If nothing changes ..... Paul is gone within 48 hours of losing to the retards in Athens. Gailey couldn't survive losing 6 straight to the tards. PJ collected consecutive loss #5 this year.

(Not that a coaching change will make a lick of difference)
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 02:00 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
12-02-2013 01:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC
RE: GT football finally become ranked this week
So who could you guys hire that's better than Paul Johnson?
12-02-2013 02:00 PM

RE: GT football finally became ranked this week
(12-02-2013 02:00 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  So who could you guys hire that's better than Paul Johnson?

When that question was asked when Gailey was around ... I had no trouble naming two dozen people.

My cubbard is far more bare this time. They're all plausible. None are particularly sexy. Top priority is somebody familiar with GT's academic restrictions (or at least somewhat stringent standards) and has a proven record and ties to the southeast.

O'Leary and Friedgen* (If you do this, the top staff is IDENTICAL with Roof already there)
Friedgen*
Ken Whisenhunt ... former GT player, former Arizona Cardinals coach
Giff Smith ... assistant who recruited ALL the big talent under Gailey ... went with him to the Bills ... fired (along with all other coaches) when Gailey got axed there too.
James Franklin ... Vandy

* Fridge burned his UMD diploma after he was fired and said he was a Tech fan first ... he lives in GA and comes to GT home games from time to time.
12-02-2013 02:25 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
All 19 will be gone by two years. 07-coffee3
12-02-2013 02:28 PM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I don't understand why Jim Grobe is even on this list.
12-02-2013 02:37 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(12-02-2013 02:37 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  I don't understand why Jim Grobe is even on this list.

Agreed... Maybe the Vandy loss played into something? Not sure.
12-02-2013 02:44 PM
Advertisement

(12-02-2013 02:37 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  I don't understand why Jim Grobe is even on this list.

(12-02-2013 02:44 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  

You haven't talked to enough Wake Forest fans.
12-02-2013 02:45 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(12-02-2013 02:45 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

They are rare.
12-02-2013 02:46 PM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

(12-02-2013 02:46 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  

They are rare.

And crazy to think they can do better than him
12-02-2013 03:11 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
(12-02-2013 02:25 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  James Franklin ... Vandy

This. But would he want the job? It's a significant upgrade, but is it even a top 25 job at this point?
12-02-2013 03:42 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Jim Grobe Stepping Down today
12-02-2013 04:00 PM
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(12-02-2013 02:25 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 02:00 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  So who could you guys hire that's better than Paul Johnson?

When that question was asked when Gailey was around ... I had no trouble naming two dozen people.

My cubbard is far more bare this time. They're all plausible. None are particularly sexy. Top priority is somebody familiar with GT's academic restrictions (or at least somewhat stringent standards) and has a proven record and ties to the southeast.

O'Leary and Friedgen* (If you do this, the top staff is IDENTICAL with Roof already there)
Friedgen*
Giff Smith ... assistant who recruited ALL the big talent under Gailey ... went with him to the Bills ... fired (along with all other coaches) when Gailey got axed there too.
James Franklin ... Vandy

* Fridge burned his UMD diploma after he was fired and said he was a Tech fan first ... he lives in GA and comes to GT home games from time to time.

GTS, I'm fairly convinced GT is going full speed with its desire to be the MIT of the South. With UGA getting an Engineering program and the merger of Kennesaw State and Southern Poly, Tech admin can finally dispense with the pretense of have to provide a noted engineering degree to state residence and become a pure research institute. They actively killing athletics in support of this goal.
12-03-2013 10:28 AM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(12-02-2013 03:11 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 02:46 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  

They are rare.

And crazy to think they can do better than him

Maybe they think they can win 5 games a year for less than 2.2 million.
12-03-2013 10:40 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(12-03-2013 10:28 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

Friedgen*
James Franklin ... Vandy

GTS, I'm fairly convinced GT is going full speed with its desire to be the MIT of the South. With UGA getting an Engineering program and the merger of Kennesaw State and Southern Poly, Tech admin can finally dispense with the pretense of have to provide a noted engineering degree to state residence and become a pure research institute. They actively killing athletics in support of this goal.

I'm not saying this should happen soon, or even ever, but if any ACC school wants to "kill athletics" then the conference should at least consider expelling that school, IMO*. This is an athletic conference, after all!

* I'd suggest first meeting with "The Hill" to let them know the ACC's position on having members who essentially refuse to compete.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 11:06 AM by Hokie Mark.)
12-03-2013 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

(12-03-2013 10:28 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  GTS, I'm fairly convinced GT is going full speed with its desire to be the MIT of the South. With UGA getting an Engineering program and the merger of Kennesaw State and Southern Poly, Tech admin can finally dispense with the pretense of have to provide a noted engineering degree to state residence and become a pure research institute. They actively killing athletics in support of this goal.

Plausible. If that is their goal just fold the program and let it die a semi-honorable death instead of some prolonged agonizing slide into oblivion.
12-03-2013 05:32 PM
wahoowa Offline
All American

I Root For:
DonatorsDonators

Friedgen*
James Franklin ... Vandy

Still want Johnson to be fired?
09-18-2015 06:48 PM
Advertisement

No, but he has changed several major areas that were broken... finally. First, he got over his 2 decades of being stubborn and hired a special teams coordinator 2 or 3 years ago. Special teams immediately improved. Second, he seems to have finally found a defensive coordinator with a pulse. Thirdly, he shuffled offensive line coaches.
09-19-2015 07:22 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(09-19-2015 07:22 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  No, but he has changed several major areas that were broken... finally. First, he got over his 2 decades of being stubborn and hired a special teams coordinator 2 or 3 years ago. Special teams immediately improved. Second, he seems to have finally found a defensive coordinator with a pulse. Thirdly, he shuffled offensive line coaches.

Didn't he get "The Hill" to loosen up just a little bit, too?
09-19-2015 07:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

(09-19-2015 07:32 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 07:22 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  No, but he has changed several major areas that were broken... finally. First, he got over his 2 decades of being stubborn and hired a special teams coordinator 2 or 3 years ago. Special teams immediately improved. Second, he seems to have finally found a defensive coordinator with a pulse. Thirdly, he shuffled offensive line coaches.

Didn't he get "The Hill" to loosen up just a little bit, too?

The went from a very low exemption limit (3?) to as many as PJ felt he needed, provided he felt they'd graduate. This was because PJ's graduation rate was perfect.
09-19-2015 07:54 AM
Crimsonelf Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardinals
Well, I don't feel I left the GT bandwagon, it just went out from under me & I found myself sittin' in the middle up a mud puddle by the side of the road!

Now I have to admit that this conference really doesn't seem to have a FFF contender this season. 03-banghead
09-19-2015 09:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.