MyBB Drew's Three Points from UNC Game
12-02-2013 07:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
RE: Drew's Three Points from UNC Game
Quote:"Sometimes I play down to my competition, but when it's a big game, I rise to the occasion," Frazier said. "That's the way I look at it.

If he wants to be a great player, he can't afford to play down.
12-02-2013 08:32 AM
USAFBlazerFan Offline
Bleeding Green & Gold since '93

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!
(12-02-2013 08:32 AM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  
Quote:"Sometimes I play down to my competition, but when it's a big game, I rise to the occasion," Frazier said. "That's the way I look at it.

If he wants to be a great player, he can't afford to play down.

+1. Perhaps he should stow away that attitude. IMO, a little humility goes a loooong way...
12-02-2013 08:37 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
No. I want a cocky as hell point guard. Let the big guys be humble.
12-02-2013 08:46 AM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-02-2013 08:46 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  No. I want a cocky as hell point guard. Let the big guys be humble.

The Jack Kramer type, but with more talent.
12-02-2013 08:53 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Survivor Runner-up
You really want a guy to say he plays down to his competition?
12-02-2013 09:44 AM
Advertisement

dragondrummer Offline
1st String

He never said it was a good thing that he played down to his competition, or that he was proud of it, it was just an admission that sometimes he did.
12-02-2013 09:48 AM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(12-02-2013 09:48 AM)dragondrummer Wrote:  He never said it was a good thing that he played down to his competition, or that he was proud of it, it was just an admission that sometimes he did.

True. But that quote will probably be hung above every guards' lockers of all our conference opponents this season.
12-02-2013 10:06 AM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-02-2013 09:44 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  You really want a guy to say he plays down to his competition?

MB never said that. He just said he wants him to be cocky, i.e., not humble.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 10:24 AM by BlazerFromMD.)
12-02-2013 10:24 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
Yeah, and that's the last thing I want any player to say, especially the guy who should be leading us on the court. Even if he thought it(and does it), he should have never uttered those words to the media. Who knows though, maybe Haase can light a fire under his ass in all games after hearing it from the horse's mouth.
12-02-2013 10:30 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(12-02-2013 10:24 AM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 09:44 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  You really want a guy to say he plays down to his competition?

MB never said that. He just said he wants him to be cocky, i.e., not humble.

When you feel like you can play down to your competition, that is cocky.
12-02-2013 10:31 AM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Good god almighty. People says he is too cocky, yet when he admits he has something he has to work on (something I'm sure the coaches have told him) he gets blasted for giving bulletin board material.

You guys can't enjoy a great victory without picking a part every little thing you ca.

"The concession stands were too long." That's a good thing. Major programs have that problem.

"Our point guard is too cocky". Boo hoo. Every successful point guarded we have ever had have been cocky and arrogant. The humble ones have been failures.

I'm surprised no one took Haase to task for getting emotional last night. "He should man up and beat opponents like a real man!"

If our core fans are this idiotic, it's going to be bad when the bandwagonners get here
12-02-2013 10:40 AM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(12-02-2013 10:40 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Good god almighty. People says he is too cocky, yet when he admits he has something he has to work on (something I'm sure the coaches have told him) he gets blasted for giving bulletin board material.

You guys can't enjoy a great victory without picking a part every little thing you ca.

"The concession stands were too long." That's a good thing. Major programs have that problem.

"Our point guard is too cocky". Boo hoo. Every successful point guarded we have ever had have been cocky and arrogant. The humble ones have been failures.

I'm surprised no one took Haase to task for getting emotional last night. "He should man up and beat opponents like a real man!"

If our core fans are this idiotic, it's going to be bad when the bandwagonners get here

WARNING: THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD
12-02-2013 10:44 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

What the hell does that even mean? Are you saying what you is typing is not what you really mean? Does that mean that people like McGee?
12-02-2013 10:50 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
I have no problem with him being cocky. I do have a problem with him playing a certain way based on the opponent. Hopefully Haase will acknowledge this and it will be fixed. He has play a handful of D-1 games, he is not above any opponent yet.
12-02-2013 10:55 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(12-02-2013 10:55 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  I have no problem with him being cocky. I do have a problem with him playing a certain way based on the opponent. Hopefully Haase will acknowledge this and it will be fixed. He has play a handful of D-1 games, he is not above any opponent yet.

It sounded to me he was repeating something he has been told by coaches. It is not something he consciously does and something he is working on. . It is human nature as has been shown numerous times throughout the season by many great Blazer teams.
12-02-2013 10:58 AM
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(12-02-2013 10:58 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 10:55 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  I have no problem with him being cocky. I do have a problem with him playing a certain way based on the opponent. Hopefully Haase will acknowledge this and it will be fixed. He has play a handful of D-1 games, he is not above any opponent yet.

It sounded to me he was repeating something he has been told by coaches. It is not something he consciously does and something he is working on. . It is human nature as has been shown numerous times throughout the season by many great Blazer teams.

Absolutely dead on.
12-02-2013 11:00 AM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(12-02-2013 10:50 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  What the hell does that even mean? Are you saying what you is typing is not what you really mean? Does that mean that people like McGee?

It means that message boards breed this kind of talk.

I don't care that he said it or not. What he said was probably true. I was just saying that other teams will try to use it for motivation because that's what teams do. If it hadn't been this quote, it would be something else.
12-02-2013 11:02 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

If the other teams suck, then they won't be able to do anything about it even if Frazier tells the opposing team that their mommas wear combat boots.
12-02-2013 11:07 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
And for what it's worth, if this is the worst thing Frazier does this year, I am more than fine with it. It's just something I'd prefer he didn't say in public.
12-02-2013 11:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.