Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Are you alarmed by looking at the BCS rankings this week?
Bookmark and Share
Flying Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Who I wnt 2 win
Are you alarmed by looking at the BCS rankings this week?
I just looked at the BCS rankings this week and we are still unranked. This is while UCF is 16.

I honestly think that the gap now is too much now assuming us and SMU win this week. What are your guys thoughts?

12-01-2013 09:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
RE: Are you alarmed by looking at the BCS rankings this week?
(12-01-2013 09:46 PM)Flying Bearcat Wrote:  I just looked at the BCS rankings this week and we are still unranked. This is while UCF is 16.

I honestly think that the gap now is too much now assuming us and SMU win this week. What are your guys thoughts?

Was gonna post the same. Our BCS hopes are all, but gone. All the losses in front of us just had those behind us pull a leapfrog.

New BCS rankings

12-01-2013 09:50 PM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Not really because a UCF loss to SMU will probably drop them like a rock in the polls while a UC win over Louisville will be huge in the polls and the computers. What hurt UC this week was not playing a game. Actually if UCF was going to lose one game its probably better that its the last one that because they can't recover with a win the following to climb up a few spots.

12-01-2013 09:54 PM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(12-01-2013 09:54 PM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  Not really because a UCF loss to SMU will probably drop them like a rock in the polls while a UC win over Louisville will be huge in the polls and the computers. What hurt UC this week was not playing a game. Actually if UCF was going to lose one game its probably better that its the last one that because they can't recover with a win the following to climb up a few spots.

This. The AP writers think Louisville is the best thing since sliced bread. They have doubts about UCF (obvious by them still ranking below a Louisville team they beat) and if the Knights lose to SMU it will be sink city. We beat the Cards and we will shoot up in all the polls that matter which makes up 2/3rds of the BCS Poll.

12-01-2013 10:09 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
I've always thought it was a coinflip if ucf only lost one and we shared the title. I am surprised uc did not move up in the Harris. thought we'd be ranked there this week.

12-01-2013 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
If UCF loses I doubt they'll get a single vote in the human polls. If we won we'd pass them.

12-01-2013 10:12 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Tubs is going to have an easy pitch this week.

12-01-2013 10:13 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
I'm more concerned about beating UofL first.
If UC wins then I'll worry about what happens between UCF and SMU amd the BCS ranking.

12-01-2013 10:40 PM
mbj655 Offline
Special Teams

(12-01-2013 10:40 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  I'm more concerned about beating UofL first.
Definitely. I like the Cats chances on Thursday, but it's going to be a fight.

12-01-2013 10:49 PM
vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
SMU QB Gilbert is likely out for the UCF game. It does not play, SMU has no chance vs. UCF. We are playing the UofL game simply to keep the Keg and to prove that we belong in the ACC just as much as Louisville.

12-01-2013 10:50 PM
pat5775 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(12-01-2013 09:50 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 09:46 PM)Flying Bearcat Wrote:  I just looked at the BCS rankings this week and we are still unranked. This is while UCF is 16.

Was gonna post the same. Our BCS hopes are all, but gone. All the losses in front of us just had those behind us pull a leapfrog.

New BCS rankings

Well, honestly after the USF debacle, I thought our BCS chances were gone right the and there. The fact that we even have a fighting chance is far more than I could have hoped for a couple of months ago. All things considered, I'm happy with how this team has performed down the stretch.

(12-01-2013 10:50 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  SMU QB Gilbert is likely out for the UCF game. It does not play, SMU has no chance vs. UCF. We are playing the UofL game simply to keep the Keg and to prove that we belong in the ACC just as much as Louisville.

Am I the only one who thinks that Gilbert is very overrated?? I remember seeing him play several times at Texas and he was AWFUL... and he hasn't exactly been a world-beater at SMU.

Now granted, I'm not saying it bodes well for SMU should Gilbert not play... but still, maybe a different QB running the offense will shake things up a bit... who knows??

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 12:25 AM by pat5775.)
12-02-2013 12:24 AM
Advertisement

ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Quote:Am I the only one who thinks that Gilbert is very overrated??

Perhaps, but I thought he played awfully well against us. Maybe our defense wasn't that good, but he did a real good job.

12-02-2013 12:28 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
Nope, because UCF will win, and honestly, I'd rather win a good bowl than get absolutely lit up in a BCS bowl again.

12-02-2013 01:10 AM
fiveONEthree Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UC, U of M, USF
(12-02-2013 01:10 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Nope, because UCF will win, and honestly, I'd rather win a good bowl than get absolutely lit up in a BCS bowl again.

i've been at odds thinking about this all day.. do you rather go to a bowl you have a legitimate shot at winning, or go to a BCS and know you have to likely play Alabama or Auburn or get taken to the woodshed... =/

regardless, we need to bring the keg back to cincy

12-02-2013 02:24 AM
uccheese Offline
1st String

We're getting way ahead of ourselves here, but I actually think Auburn is a great matchup. They have an amazing run game, but I think our LBs stopping the run is probably the strength of our team. Also, they would be a little disappointed from not being picked for the title game.

In related news, I kinda think BG is going to beat Northern Illinois anyway which would put AAC champ in the Fiesta Bowl.

It's all just dreaming about the BCS at this point, but it's fun.

12-02-2013 07:35 AM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(12-02-2013 07:35 AM)uccheese Wrote:  We're getting way ahead of ourselves here, but I actually think Auburn is a great matchup. They have an amazing run game, but I think our LBs stopping the run is probably the strength of our team. Also, they would be a little disappointed from not being picked for the title game.

In related news, I kinda think BG is going to beat Northern Illinois anyway which would put AAC champ in the Fiesta Bowl.

It's all just dreaming about the BCS at this point, but it's fun.

I want what you are smoking if you think UC matches up well with Auburn. The only team Auburn lost to was LSU in Death Valley which is a very difficult place for any away team to go in and come out with a win. It would not be pretty for UC to go up against Auburn or Bama.
They are both bigger and/or faster at every position than UC.

But first things first…
Go Bearcats — Beat the Cards!

12-02-2013 09:21 AM
Advertisement

Dannyboy Offline
All American

Coach T is great in big games, but Auburn is a bridge too far. We'd be crushed.

We can take Loserville, though. We just need to limit the big mistakes.

12-02-2013 09:43 AM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(12-02-2013 12:24 AM)pat5775 Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 09:50 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  

New BCS rankings

Well, honestly after the USF debacle, I thought our BCS chances were gone right the and there. The fact that we even have a fighting chance is far more than I could have hoped for a couple of months ago. All things considered, I'm happy with how this team has performed down the stretch.

(12-01-2013 10:50 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  SMU QB Gilbert is likely out for the UCF game. It does not play, SMU has no chance vs. UCF. We are playing the UofL game simply to keep the Keg and to prove that we belong in the ACC just as much as Louisville.

Am I the only one who thinks that Gilbert is very overrated?? I remember seeing him play several times at Texas and he was AWFUL... and he hasn't exactly been a world-beater at SMU.

Now granted, I'm not saying it bodes well for SMU should Gilbert not play... but still, maybe a different QB running the offense will shake things up a bit... who knows??

Before he was sidelined Saturday, I believe Garrett Gilbert lead the AAC in passing yards. When he was benched, SMU put up a goose egg against Houston. I gotta believe UCF's defense is far better than the Cougars' this season and without Gilbert quarterbacking them, the Mustangs don't really stand a chance unfortunately.

12-02-2013 09:58 AM
FLIP Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Honestly, UCF has lived on the razors edge lately. They are going to get bit eventually. IMO they peaked at the UL game and have since started slipping downward. SMU can give them a game, but I believe they will have to do it with Gilbert to have any shot. Regardless of the outcome of that game, beating UL is the first and foremost issue for UC.

As for the slim chance of UC making a BCS game, I don't like any of the possible matchups. UC would be a double digit underdog against any of the current top 8 teams. UC right now is a borderline top 25 team, beat UL and the stock rises.

12-02-2013 11:13 AM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
BCS expert Jerry Palm of CBSSports.com last week said he believed the Bearcats would surpass Central Florida in the BCS via the aforementioned scenario, but that was before this weekend’s games. Palm said Sunday night that the BCS picture for UC now is unclear. Forecasters had projected the Bearcats between 23rd and 25th in this week’s BCS standings, but now it is uncertain whether UC could supplant Central Florida for the AAC bowl berth. More numbers will be crunched and more projections made this week, but UC’s first order of business is to upset 3 1/2-point favorite Louisville.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20131...rise-polls

Too many factors to even spectate if UC would pass UCF in the BCS. It seems more uncertain now than a week ago . 2 big hurdles to clear before we worry about it . BEAT LOUISVILLE!

12-02-2013 11:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.