Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

At MTSU
ClemsonBrad Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Belmont
At MTSU
I bought my ticket today for At MTSU(On MTSU Website) game on Tuesday and it was slim pickings. It's looking like it will be a sell out. I would advise to get your tickets ASAP if you haven't already.

Always a fun game against them. They are off to a nice start too. Coach Davis and Coach Byrd have a ton of respect for each other. Without Bradshaw and Chamberlain(Assuming they are out), we will be challenged on the road.

Anyone else going?
12-01-2013 09:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
RE: At MTSU
I watched you guys play VCU tough yesterday. Your guys did well considering two guards were injured. I think this will be another tough game. We owe you guys a little payback from the beat down you gave us last year at your place. Do many Belmont fans plan on making the trip down to the Boro? I hope so because it should be a great atmosphere for a college basketball game.
12-02-2013 12:29 PM
ClemsonBrad Offline
Water Engineer

Tickets are only 5 bucks for cyber monday today through MTSU's website.
12-02-2013 04:58 PM
Advertisement

Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

(12-02-2013 04:58 PM)ClemsonBrad Wrote:  Tickets are only 5 bucks for cyber monday today through MTSU's website.

I took advantage of the $5 tickets. I'll be there with my daughter who is a student at Belmont.
12-03-2013 07:46 AM
hoosbruin Offline
Bench Warmer

Hope we pull out a win tonight. If we don't, MTSU will probably rush the floor again...
12-03-2013 10:03 AM
Advertisement

RowdyAlumni Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Blue Raiders
(12-03-2013 10:03 AM)hoosbruin Wrote:  Hope we pull out a win tonight. If we don't, MTSU will probably rush the floor again...

Not as likely this year. I still think it'll be a tough game, but Middle is actually favored in Vegas so it wouldn't really be an upset. I have degrees from both schools, btw, and pull for the Bruins in all games except against MT.
12-03-2013 01:41 PM
BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

I'm going. Bought two tickets yesterday. I was wondering why they were so cheap. Its going to be a tough match up without Reece. If Craig is out, I don't have much confidence.
12-03-2013 01:49 PM
Advertisement

BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

Also....MTSU has 9 players that play 15 minutes or more. We have 7, but that includes Reece and Craig. Coach Byrd chose not to go to far down the bench Sunday against VCU. I think Coach will have to change his strategy if he wants to run the court with a deep MTSU team.
12-03-2013 02:12 PM
ClemsonBrad Offline
Water Engineer

(12-03-2013 02:12 PM)BruinsFan31 Wrote:  Also....MTSU has 9 players that play 15 minutes or more. We have 7, but that includes Reece and Craig. Coach Byrd chose not to go to far down the bench Sunday against VCU. I think Coach will have to change his strategy if he wants to run the court with a deep MTSU team.

The Vegas Line I see has MTSU as a 7 point favorite. I don't have a way to bet, but I tell you what, I like Belmont getting +7 tonight. I would take that.

I think we actually keep this game close, but I see MTSU winning by 3 or 4 late....The two starters out for us and the lack of depth won't be able to beat an MTSU team who has some depth, tough at home, and off to a very good start this year.
12-03-2013 05:08 PM
Advertisement

ClemsonBrad Offline
Water Engineer

Really solid win tonight. Correct me if I am wrong, but I want to say we had the lead the entire night. Every time MTSU chipped away at our lead, we battled right back with a big bucket.

Maybe the best 40 minute all-around game I have ever seen from JJ Mann. His shot was on and he let the game really come to him, instead of trying to do too much like I thought he did against VCU. His defense was also FANTASTIC tonight....a few steals and just great court sense the whole night.

We definitely got in foul trouble which gave some more playing time to some other guys on the bench. They did a nice job...but I'll say it again, we REALLY need Bradshaw and Chamberlain back. They are definitely missed out there and make us a much better team.

We got beat up down low at times on defense and MTSU missed a lot of shots tonight, but a great winning effort on the road tonight from Byrd and the boys. Got the job done
12-03-2013 11:20 PM
BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

Phenomenal game. You can never count us out. And I think it comes down to one thing. Coaching. He amazes me with his play calls out of timeouts. It seems like every time we have the ball out of a timeout we score. I have watched a lot of basketball throughout my life but I have never seen a better play caller/designer than coach Byrd.

JJ did play fantastic. He is sneaky good. Although he is not a freak athlete like Craig and Evan he is so skillful...at every aspect of the game. He played great defense, I thought he came down with several impressive rebounds, and of course lit it up with 32 points.

Anxious to get Craig and Reece back. I'm sure Craig will be ready to go after a good week off.

Great game! Go Bruins! I love this team!
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 12:36 AM by BruinsFan31.)
12-04-2013 12:34 AM
Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

Not every win is pretty. I don't know if I would call it an ugly win, but even if it was, what a gritty performance by the boys. Had Caleb been hitting shots in this game like he has in previous games, it may have been a little easier.

As a team, we have a lot of work to do, but these guys are making a rebuilding year a lot more fun than I expected. I can't wait for Fairfield.
12-04-2013 01:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.