Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Joerger says...
Bookmark and Share
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Joerger says...
Winning is hard !

Grizz currently 8-8 and 12th in the western standings. Grizz dropped back down in team rebounding ranks to 25th.

2-2 against the atlantic division (toronto leads that trash division with a 6-9 record)

You all know the comparisons from last year to this year will be made since the team is basically the same.

At this time last year, we were 13-3.

So what are your thoughts about joerger so far?
12-01-2013 11:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
RE: Joerger says...
deer in headlights

FO pawn

nice guy
12-01-2013 11:45 AM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

Gasol is out so I would be happy w/ just being around .500 by the time he gets back. If ZBo misses more time, then we'll lose a lot more games.

I'll give Joerger a couple seasons to see if he's cut out to be an NBA coach. If the Grizz don't make the POs this year, then his seat will get mighty warm.
12-01-2013 11:46 AM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Everyone should know that if any of the Grizzlies main guys got hurt for any significant time that out was going to be a struggle. Koufos is good but he isn't Marc
12-01-2013 12:09 PM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

(12-01-2013 12:09 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  Everyone should know that if any of the Grizzlies main guys got hurt for any significant time that out was going to be a struggle. Koufos is good but he isn't Marc
No excuse. Injuries happen.

Hollins got the team through tough stretches with a key player out.

Grizz were .500 before marc gasol went out and 1-1 against atlantic division teams when completely healthy (and had to make a late comeback to get that one win).

Zbo should be back soon.

Btw, are you still thinking that team defense is the problem?
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 12:29 PM by tmoneyinmphs.)
12-01-2013 12:29 PM
Merrick Offline
Asst. Coach

I Root For: MEMPHIS
I think it's away to early to draw any conclusions.

It seems that the first few games, they were trying to go more up tempo, but recently reverted back to the grit-n-grind style which was successful. Marc getting hurt is huge; having Kostas will help, but when you compare him to Marc, wel, there ain't no comparison.

Q-Pon seemingly (at least per the tweets I read, which admittedly aren't always accurate) has an attitude with his decreased PT, which we could all guess would happen with MM joining the team. An experienced coach could handle this...can DJ?

This roster is still terribly flawed, offensively. With Prince and TA in the lineup, we struggle big time shooting the ball; teams have no fear doubling off either of those guys. TA makes up for it defensively, but Prince?

Bottom line, Levien will have to change the roster, or we need to start Q-Pon. Also, Calathes is still getting adjusted to life in the League, and I think we'll be okay there. J-Bay needs to kick it up a notch more consistently...we need his points to off-set TA's lack of production.

Bottom line, I think DJ will be fine...injuries will be bigger than his coaching.
12-01-2013 01:29 PM
Advertisement

downsouth Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tiger Football
(12-01-2013 01:29 PM)Merrick Wrote:  Bottom line, I think DJ will be fine...injuries will be bigger than his coaching.

I think he'll eventually be fine as well. However with the injuries to Gasol and ZBo, he somewhat has a pass this year for not putting a competitive team on the court.
12-01-2013 02:14 PM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

(12-01-2013 01:29 PM)Merrick Wrote:  I think it's away to early to draw any conclusions.

It seems that the first few games, they were trying to go more up tempo, but recently reverted back to the grit-n-grind style which was successful. Marc getting hurt is huge; having Kostas will help, but when you compare him to Marc, wel, there ain't no comparison.

Q-Pon seemingly (at least per the tweets I read, which admittedly aren't always accurate) has an attitude with his decreased PT, which we could all guess would happen with MM joining the team. An experienced coach could handle this...can DJ?

This roster is still terribly flawed, offensively. With Prince and TA in the lineup, we struggle big time shooting the ball; teams have no fear doubling off either of those guys. TA makes up for it defensively, but Prince?

Bottom line, Levien will have to change the roster, or we need to start Q-Pon. Also, Calathes is still getting adjusted to life in the League, and I think we'll be okay there. J-Bay needs to kick it up a notch more consistently...we need his points to off-set TA's lack of production.

Bottom line, I think DJ will be fine...injuries will be bigger than his coaching.
Yeah, it seems we got a lot of mixed signals in several areas.

Qpon should have been playing earlier last night. DJ finally made the adjustment to add some offense into the lineup, but why did it take so long?

I'm not happy with the rotations and substitutions.

I'm still not sold on calathes as our backup pg.

(12-01-2013 02:14 PM)downsouth Wrote:  I think he'll eventually be fine as well. However with the injuries to Gasol and ZBo, he somewhat has a pass this year for not putting a competitive team on the court.

He don't get no free pass, and it's not really his fault he was put in a tough spot. It will come down to the decision that the FO made over the summer. Zbo has only been out for one game. This almost exact team went to the western conference finals. Zbo has already said that anything less than that this season is a failure.
12-01-2013 02:41 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Missing Big Spain makes it impossible to make a negative judgement. If he were to put together a positive run it would say a lot.
12-01-2013 03:08 PM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(12-01-2013 11:41 AM)tmoneyinmphs Wrote:  Winning is hard !

Grizz currently 8-8 and 12th in the western standings. Grizz dropped back down in team rebounding ranks to 25th.

2-2 against the atlantic division (toronto leads that trash division with a 6-9 record)

You all know the comparisons from last year to this year will be made since the team is basically the same.

At this time last year, we were 13-3.

So what are your thoughts about joerger so far?

I'm still livid over the coaching change, but still too soon.

Grizz had poor starts each of Hollins' seasons except last year.
12-01-2013 04:02 PM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(12-01-2013 11:46 AM)tiger1016 Wrote:  Gasol is out so I would be happy w/ just being around .500 by the time he gets back. If ZBo misses more time, then we'll lose a lot more games.

I'll give Joerger a couple seasons to see if he's cut out to be an NBA coach. If the Grizz don't make the POs this year, then his seat will get mighty warm.

The problem with that logic is the Grizz have a small window. ZBo is on the wrong side of 30 and Gasol will be an unrestricted free agent soon. If you couldn't get along with Hollins, you should have gotten a proven NBA winner of a coach (Forget George Karl, Jerry Sloan wouldn't have taken on a short term project?)

On a side note, the Brooklyn Nets look like idiots for not hiring Hollins.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 04:05 PM by Latilleon.)
12-01-2013 04:04 PM
Advertisement

RationalRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss
This is the THIRD time in franchise history we've been .500 or better after November. Third. Let that sink in for a second. Or a minute. Or however long it rakes to come in from the ledge.

...For now, at least.
12-01-2013 05:58 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2013 04:04 PM)Latilleon Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 11:46 AM)tiger1016 Wrote:  Gasol is out so I would be happy w/ just being around .500 by the time he gets back. If ZBo misses more time, then we'll lose a lot more games.

The problem with that logic is the Grizz have a small window. ZBo is on the wrong side of 30 and Gasol will be an unrestricted free agent soon. If you couldn't get along with Hollins, you should have gotten a proven NBA winner of a coach (Forget George Karl, Jerry Sloan wouldn't have taken on a short term project?)

On a side note, the Brooklyn Nets look like idiots for not hiring Hollins.

It's still early but the team started playing well on the West Coast trip. Gasol being hurt is a huge blow. When Gay and Randolph got hurt, the Grizz still played well coz we still had our defensive leader in Gasol. Without him, our defense won't be the same. It'll take some time for the team to gel but in the end, we should be fine and make the POs.
12-02-2013 12:07 PM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

So joerger will play anyone but qpon now. Great. I remember hollins was stubborn too. What's the deal with joerger and qpon? Whatever it is. I'm getting sick of it. Qpon should have already been in the game tonight.

If calathes can't play any better than he has lately, the grizz should just move jbay to backup pg and keep calathes azz on the bench.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 09:17 PM by tmoneyinmphs.)
12-03-2013 09:16 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-03-2013 09:16 PM)tmoneyinmphs Wrote:  So joerger will play anyone but qpon now. Great. I remember hollins was stubborn too. What's the deal with joerger and qpon? Whatever it is. I'm getting sick of it. Qpon should have already been in the game tonight.

If calathes can't play any better than he has lately, the grizz should just move jbay to backup pg and keep calathes azz on the bench.

It doesn't make any sense man...Joerger's pissing me off now
12-03-2013 09:24 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

OK....may be not as pissed. Heck Joerger may know what he's doing. Impressive showing by Leuer and Davis tonight...hope they can keep it up. The Suns always give us a tough game...we were 7-7 against them in the last 14 games. Good win tonight!
12-03-2013 10:13 PM
Advertisement

tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

It seems QPon called his coach a M'fer last game. He's probably in the doghouse.
12-03-2013 10:22 PM
cscottl1981 Offline
Heisman

Crazy. We won with a bunch of backups tonight and they apparently played pretty well.
12-03-2013 10:28 PM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

(12-03-2013 10:28 PM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  Crazy. We won with a bunch of backups tonight and they apparently played pretty well.

Jon Leuer was 10 of 13 for 23 pts (9 boards also) and Ed Davis went for 21 and 12. Grizz got a 110-91 win over Phoenix after trailing by 8 at halftime.
12-03-2013 10:40 PM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

(12-03-2013 10:40 PM)UofMark Wrote:  
(12-03-2013 10:28 PM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  Crazy. We won with a bunch of backups tonight and they apparently played pretty well.

Jon Leuer was 10 of 13 for 23 pts (9 boards also) and Ed Davis went for 21 and 12. Grizz got a 110-91 win over Phoenix after trailing by 8 at halftime.

My main problem is with calathes playing the backup pg. I heard fans booing right before he got yanked in the 3rd. I guess they weren't impressed either.

I understand why the grizz want to use jbay at the 2, but the grizz might have to use him as a backup pg. Let qpon take over the backup 2 spot. Use calathes sparingly.
12-03-2013 11:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.