Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

which schools have the same BOT/BOR
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
which schools have the same BOT/BOR
i know theres a pair of b12 schools that do that. but are there any other FBS schools that have a setup like that?
11-30-2013 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chappy Online
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
RE: which schools have the same BOT/BOR
Alabama and UAB?

(not sure, just think that is the case)
11-30-2013 10:43 AM
SeaBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan
According to Wiki, most everything in Kansas (ahh, but you already knew that)

Schools governed by the Board of Regents

Public Universities[edit]
Emporia State University, Emporia[3]
Fort Hays State University, Hays[3]
Kansas State University, Manhattan[3]
Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg[3]
University of Kansas, Lawrence[3]
Wichita State University, Wichita[3]
And a host of smaller institutions
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 10:58 AM by SeaBlue.)
11-30-2013 10:56 AM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
the reason i ask is that someone said nc state & unc have the same. im not sure if thats true but it does make me curious about wash-wsu ore-ore st. ou-osu etc.
11-30-2013 11:02 AM
Advertisement

Chappy Online
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(11-30-2013 11:02 AM)john01992 Wrote:  the reason i ask is that someone said nc state & unc have the same. im not sure if thats true but it does make me curious about wash-wsu ore-ore st. ou-osu etc.

Well, the entire 17-school UNC system (which includes UNC, NC State, and ECU) has a shared President and Board of Governors, but the individual schools have their own Chancellors and Board of Trustees (and the majority of those Trustees are hand selected by the aforementioned system-wide Board of Governors).

For example, from the NCSU website:

"North Carolina State University is a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina (UNC) system. According to The UNC Code, NC State shall have a board of trustees composed of thirteen persons: eight are elected by the UNC Board of Governors, four are appointed by the governor, and the remaining member is the president of the student government, ex officio.

The Board of Trustees shall promote the sound development of its institution within the functions prescribed for it, helping it to serve the people of the state in a way that will complement the activities of the other institutions and aiding it to perform at a high level of excellence in every area of endeavor. Each board of trustees shall serve as an advisor to the Board of Governors on matters pertaining to its institution and shall also serve as advisor to the Chancellor concerning the management and development of the institution."
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 11:43 AM by Chappy.)
11-30-2013 11:41 AM
lew240z Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Wyoming
University of Colorado System:
CU-Boulder Div 1 FBS
UC-Denver No intercollegiate sports
UC-Colorado Springs Div 2, no football

Colorado State University System:
CSU-Fort Collins Div 1 FBS
CSU-Pueblo Div 2
CSU-Global Campus on-line school, no physical campus.

At one time, some but not all, of the smaller school in Colorado had one Board of Regents. That no longer seems to be true.
11-30-2013 11:54 AM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
(11-30-2013 11:41 AM)Chappy Wrote:  
(11-30-2013 11:02 AM)john01992 Wrote:  the reason i ask is that someone said nc state & unc have the same. im not sure if thats true but it does make me curious about wash-wsu ore-ore st. ou-osu etc.

Well, the entire 17-school UNC system (which includes UNC, NC State, and ECU) has a shared President and Board of Governors, but the individual schools have their own Chancellors and Board of Trustees (and the majority of those Trustees are hand selected by the aforementioned system-wide Board of Governors).

"North Carolina State University is a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina (UNC) system. According to The UNC Code, NC State shall have a board of trustees composed of thirteen persons: eight are elected by the UNC Board of Governors, four are appointed by the governor, and the remaining member is the president of the student government, ex officio.

The Board of Trustees shall promote the sound development of its institution within the functions prescribed for it, helping it to serve the people of the state in a way that will complement the activities of the other institutions and aiding it to perform at a high level of excellence in every area of endeavor. Each board of trustees shall serve as an advisor to the Board of Governors on matters pertaining to its institution and shall also serve as advisor to the Chancellor concerning the management and development of the institution."

Yes NC State and ECU suffer under this. Most of the BOG members are UNC-Ch folks and look after UNC-Ch first causing NC State and ECU to beg for certain programs and often not get them.
11-30-2013 02:32 PM
Advertisement

dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
All 3 Arizona schools have the same board of regents
11-30-2013 10:45 PM
49RFootballNow Online
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(11-30-2013 02:32 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  
(11-30-2013 11:41 AM)Chappy Wrote:  

Yes NC State and ECU suffer under this. Most of the BOG members are UNC-Ch folks and look after UNC-Ch first causing NC State and ECU to beg for certain programs and often not get them.

There's a reason Charlotte is one of the largest cities in the U.S. without a medical school..............The Carolina Way.
12-01-2013 01:08 AM
Kwisatz100 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU
Memphis and MTSU are both under the same board.
12-01-2013 02:20 AM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
All public schools in Georgia and Ohio have the same board
12-01-2013 02:41 AM
SeaBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan
(12-01-2013 02:41 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  All public schools in Georgia and Ohio have the same board

That doesn't sound right. I'm waiting for our Cincinnati Bearcat fans to jump in.

Cincinnati has their own board: http://www.uc.edu/trustees.html
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 09:50 AM by SeaBlue.)
12-02-2013 09:47 AM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
Publics in Florida (not going to count but I think it's 13 schools) share a Board of Governors, but each individual school has its own Board of Trustees as far as I know. For things such as athletic coaches, the BoG has no say and those matters are brought to the individual school's BoT. The BoG essentially exists to either approve or veto new academic programs and the like at the schools.

There's only one university system in Florida and all 13(?) publics are a part of it.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 10:06 AM by Marge Schott.)
12-02-2013 10:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.