Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kennesaw State @ Kent State
fallsdog Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
Kennesaw State @ Kent State
The Owls enter Sunday's game at 3-6, coming off a lopsided loss at Cincinnati. Only one of their three victories (73-69 over UT Chattanooga) has come against DI competition. The common opponent is Youngstown State who beat Kennesaw 73-57 earlier this month.

The leading scorers are 6'5 forward Orlando Coleman (11.3) and Saint Edward HS product Delbert Love (10.2). Coleman also leads the team in rebounds at 6.9 per game. Kennesaw also features Myles Hamilton (another Saint Edward grad) and North Ridgeville product/Miami transfer Drew McGhee, although it appears he is sitting out this season due to transfer rules.

This one has all the makings of a blowout if Kent State brings their A game.

Kent State - 83
Kennesaw - 64
*Brewer (18) and Ortiz (15) lead the way for the good guys.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 09:55 AM by fallsdog.)
11-30-2013 09:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

joepa66 Offline
1st String

RE: Kennesaw State @ Kent State
Thanks for posting Fallsdog.....wonder how the got the pipeline from Cleveland to Jawjuh!? I will be there +2 to root on the Flashes. This should be a great tune up for Bucknell on Wednesday. Get some legs running and get more legs on the floor. Don't even remember the 6'11" guy who transferred from Miami,Oh even though he played in numerous games. He only weighs 235 lbs so he's on the order Blake Vedder.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 02:19 PM by joepa66.)
11-30-2013 02:16 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Apparently McGhee is hurt and is not playing.
11-30-2013 04:32 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Lucky for him, because Melvin would own him.
11-30-2013 06:19 PM
Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

I'll be there, with 3 Future Flashes. I'll miss Bucknell, though
11-30-2013 10:10 PM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
Will be there with wife and grand daughter
11-30-2013 10:26 PM
Advertisement

fallsdog Offline
All American

I plan to be at the MAC Center today. The Browns just don't do it for me anymore but that is another story. Coach Senderoff mentioned that he would like to see more of Melvin Tabb and Devin Carter. I will be interested to see what Carter can do in extended minutes. On another note, does anyone know when a final decision has to be made on a redshirt? I am curious to see what the plan is for Lawrence. With Henniger, Tabb, Spicer and Ortiz you have four 6'7 or taller bodies. Is that enough depth in the front court?
12-01-2013 10:25 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

Redshirts were burned as soon as they went in a game. There are exceptions for medical redshirts which have to do with how many games the player appeared in, but anyone who has seen time in a game cannot redshirt.
12-01-2013 10:27 AM
1st String

KSU vs KSU - Ken' State vs Kent State
12-01-2013 10:51 AM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

(12-01-2013 10:27 AM)axeme Wrote:  Redshirts were burned as soon as they went in a game. There are exceptions for medical redshirts which have to do with how many games the player appeared in, but anyone who has seen time in a game cannot redshirt.

I thought that you could play 1/4 of the season and still redshirt? Has that rule recently changed?
12-01-2013 11:03 AM
1st String

Anybody else a little relieved that Henniger cut his hair before his Player-of-the-Week award? That green thing he's wearing in the promo pictures really distracts me.
12-01-2013 11:12 AM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

(12-01-2013 11:03 AM)GoFlashes7 Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 10:27 AM)axeme Wrote:  Redshirts were burned as soon as they went in a game. There are exceptions for medical redshirts which have to do with how many games the player appeared in, but anyone who has seen time in a game cannot redshirt.

I thought that you could play 1/4 of the season and still redshirt? Has that rule recently changed?

Quote:For an athlete to receive a standard redshirt, the NCAA requires that player not be involved in any competition for the year he is redshirted. Any amount of competition time, even 1 minute on a basketball court during a regular season game, for example, counts as a season of eligibility.

I don't think it has changed in a long time. You may be thinking of a medical redshirt which is typically allowed if a player is injured for the season and has not played more than 1/4 of the season.
12-01-2013 11:15 AM
1st String

(12-01-2013 11:03 AM)GoFlashes7 Wrote:  

That rule is only applicable for medial redshirts. In that case, they can only have appeared in 30% of a team's games. Any they couldn't have appeared in any of the last 50% of the team's games.
12-01-2013 11:19 AM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
Quote:Definition of a "Redshirt"

Each student-athlete is eligible for four years of competition in each of their chosen sports. If a qualified incoming student-athlete is "redshirted" his or her freshman year (i.e., practices but does not compete), four full years of eligibility still remain. An extra year of eligibility can also be granted via a "hardship waiver" if a student-athlete suffers an incapacitating injury or illness in the course of a season. The injury must occur during the first half of the season and the student-athlete, in Divisions I and II, must not have participated in more than two contests or 20% of the school's completed contests, whichever is greater. In Division III, the threshhold is three contests or 33% of completed contests, whichever is greater. For more information on redshirt eligibility, access the NCAA website.

Quote:For a student-athlete to receive a Medical Hardship Waiver per Bylaw 14.2.4, the following four conditions must be met:
The student-athlete may not have participated in more than two contests or dates of competition or 20 percent of the team's completed contests/dates of competition.
The injury or illness must occur prior to the completion of the first half of the season.
The injury or illness does not have to occur during practice/competition, but it must be incapacitating.
Appropriate medical documentation must exist and be provided.
All percentages are calculated according to contests or dates of competition, depending on how your sport's competitive opportunities are counted. Only contests or dates of competition occurring during the championship (traditional) season are included in the calculations. Conference championships/tournaments are counted as one contest or date of competition, regardless of the actual contest/dates used.
If the percentage calculation for the 20-percent rule results in a decimal -- any decimal -- the whole number preceding it is always rounded up. For example, if the softball team competes in 56 games, 20 percent of 56 is 11.2. Due to the "rounding-up," a softball team member who competed in 12 games does qualify for a medical hardship waiver.
To meet the first-half-of-the-season requirement, all competition must cease prior to the start of the contest or date of competition that begins the second half of the season. For example, a soccer player competing in the 10th game of a 19-game season does not qualify for a medical hardship waiver. Also, a student-athlete who is injured in the first half of the season, then attempts to play in the second half and aggravates the original injury, does not qualify for a medical hardship waiver.
NOTE: A STUDENT-ATHLETE RECEIVING A MEDICAL HARDSHIP WAIVER IS PERMITTED UNLIMITED PARTICIPATION IN THE NON-TRADITIONAL (NON-CHAMPIONSHIP) PORTION OF THE SEASON.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 11:41 AM by Polish Hammer.)
12-01-2013 11:38 AM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

I will be there and hoping to see if we have the opportunity to get into our bench a little bit more. Would like to see Carter, Scott, and see if we experiment a little with double posts of Henny & Spicer, Henny & Tabb, Tabb & Spicer. Lower reserved, section J, row C, seats 46,47,48 if you wanna say hello!
12-01-2013 12:19 PM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

(12-01-2013 11:12 AM)Slinkin Street Flash Wrote:  Anybody else a little relieved that Henniger cut his hair before his Player-of-the-Week award? That green thing he's wearing in the promo pictures really distracts me.

:rock:My daughter was remarking about that green hairband! She also tweeted several times this year about #Hennyshair & #Hennygetsairwithout long hair....LOL. She's been retweeted by Coach Sendy and KentStateMBB. Glad he's not like Alfalfa and didn't lose his personality when he lost his signature hair.
12-01-2013 12:22 PM
Advertisement

joepa66 Offline
1st String

(11-30-2013 10:10 PM)Slinkin Street Flash Wrote:  I'll be there, with 3 Future Flashes. I'll miss Bucknell, though

Sorry to say I will miss Bucknell as well since I teach class until 6:30 and am over an hour away. It's one of the games I really wanted to see. Hmmmm, library assignment or quick quiz?!03-shhhh
12-01-2013 12:24 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

Tuned in to iheartradio and was stuck with the women's game instead...yippee.
12-01-2013 02:32 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

Ok, the men's game is on 640...whew.
12-01-2013 02:38 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

Seems like Henninger had a nice game and 13 boards by Spicer. Nice!
12-01-2013 03:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.