CMU - none.
11-29-2013 08:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Siborg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bowling Green
RE: Time to pick the MAC bowls?
Buffalo can wear their blue uniforms on the blue turf.
11-29-2013 08:35 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
I hope that UT goes to the LCPB. Because, 1.) It works best for me, and 2.) If they go anywhere else where travel is required, I fear that no one will go because of the embarrassing end to the season.
11-29-2013 09:04 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Big decision for the Pizza Bowl...do they take a chance that Toledo would sell very many tickets in what has been a lackluster end to the season, or do they pick the "hotter" team? My guess is it depends on how well BG fans attend the championship game. I think it's more likely the Rockets head to the Poinsettia Bowl which is really just another home game for San Diego State. Tough game for the MAC so Toledo draws the short straw. If we had played better and won today I may have been excited about San Diego but not any more.
11-29-2013 09:10 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
I'm not sure how the bowl selection process works, do our secondary bids or primary bids get priority? Last year, Independence took OU before the LCPB, does it have to do if one of the primary bids cannot fulfill their obligation?
11-29-2013 09:20 PM
Siborg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bowling Green
I think its negotiable each year between the MAC, eligible teams, bowl towns and sponsors). There is supposed to be a pecking order of sorts although I'm not sure what it is anymore...I think Detroit & Mobile alternate first selection and both MACC teams are guaranteed a bowl. Other than that I'm not certain.
11-29-2013 09:34 PM
Advertisement

Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
Primary tie in bowls get priority. LCPB, Godaddy and Potato in that order. Then the secondaries (Poinsettia and BBVA/BOB, but I don't know the order).

I believe last year LCPB traded the #1 to Godaddy, so that LCPB has #1 this year.
11-29-2013 09:40 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
Unless the pinstripe is open geography is not in our favor... I would not be amazed to see UB left out..
11-29-2013 09:53 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
(11-29-2013 09:53 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  Unless the pinstripe is open geography is not in our favor... I would not be amazed to see UB left out..

I can't see UB getting left out no matter what.
11-29-2013 10:02 PM
BruceMcF Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
Pundit picks from last week, for what they are worth (likely not much)
SI Mandel (M), ESPN Edwards (E), ESPN Schlabach (S), (ESPN had Fresno State in the BCS, so obsolete if NIU win CCG):

Fiesta: NIU (M), x(E,S)
GoDaddy: BG (M), NIU (E,S)
Compass: CMU (M), x(E,S)
HoD: x (M,E), Buffalo (S)
AdvoCare: x (M,E), OhioU (S)
Poinsettia: OhioU (M), BG (E), x(S)
Pizza Eaters: Ball State (M,E,S)
Beef Eaters: Toledo (M,E,S)
Potato Eaters: Buffalo (M,E), Bowling Green (S)

Also, as far as prospective opponents, Arkstfan says he asked Karl Benson (SB Commissioner) about secondary tie-ins, and was told the Sunbelt has none. So the agreement with the Pizza Eaters bowl may have expired last year, which would give more substance to those setting Pitt as an opponent in that game.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 10:46 PM by BruceMcF.)
11-29-2013 10:34 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

(11-29-2013 09:40 PM)Max Power Wrote:  Primary tie in bowls get priority. LCPB, Godaddy and Potato in that order. Then the secondaries (Poinsettia and BBVA/BOB, but I don't know the order).

I believe last year LCPB traded the #1 to Godaddy, so that LCPB has #1 this year.

In that case, here are my predictions (barring no major upsets):

Fiesta: NIU vs. Oklahoma State (could be Baylor if they beat Texas and OSU loses to OU)
Pizza: BG vs. Troy
Mobile: Ball State vs. UL-Lafayette
Potato: Buffalo vs. UNLV/Colorado State
Poinsettia: Toledo vs. Utah State/Fresno State
St. Pete: CMU vs. ECU/Tulane/North Texas (the C-USA East is a clusterf**k, I'm not sure about who C-USA 4 will be)

It would make much more sense if the MAC switched our bids so the third (in this case, fourth because of NIU) place MAC team would play MWC 2 in San Diego instead of MWC 6 in Boise. Same thing goes for Detroit and Mobile, why have our best (second place) team play Sun Belt 3 instead of Sun Belt 1? I guess that's why these things are flexible. In the case that we can switch things up, this is what I think our ideal situation looks like:

Fiesta: NIU vs. Okie State
Poinsettia: BG vs. MWC 2
St. Pete: Buffalo vs. C-USA 4
Pizza: Toledo vs. Troy
Potato: CMU vs. UNLV/Colorado State
OU would need some hijinks like last year to get a bid.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 11:02 PM by Love and Honor.)
11-29-2013 10:44 PM
Advertisement

exCincy Kid1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Sure would like to see a stronger MAC team playing in SD if we end up facing USU or Fresno in Poinsettia as that result will get a lot of publicity.
11-29-2013 10:47 PM
OUBobcat9092 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ohio
(11-29-2013 10:44 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  
(11-29-2013 09:40 PM)Max Power Wrote:  Primary tie in bowls get priority. LCPB, Godaddy and Potato in that order. Then the secondaries (Poinsettia and BBVA/BOB, but I don't know the order).

In that case, here are my predictions (barring no major upsets):

Fiesta: NIU vs. Oklahoma State (could be Baylor if they beat Texas and OSU loses to OU)
Pizza: BG vs. Troy
Potato: Buffalo vs. UNLV/Colorado State
Poinsettia: Ohio vs. Utah State/Fresno State
St. Pete: CMU vs. ECU/Tulane/North Texas (the C-USA East is a clusterf**k, I'm not sure about who C-USA 4 will be)

It would make much more sense if the MAC switched our bids so the third (in this case, fourth because of NIU) place MAC team would play MWC 2 in San Diego instead of MWC 6 in Boise. Same thing goes for Detroit and Mobile, why have our best (second place) team play Sun Belt 3 instead of Sun Belt 1? I guess that's why these things are flexible.

No Toledo? I would think they get a bid before CMU.
11-29-2013 10:55 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

Forgot them, sorry Rocket fans. Loss to Akron must have thrown me off...
11-29-2013 11:01 PM
OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
Let me get this right. Post a mediocre 4-4 record in MAC play including getting blown out in three of last four and your telling me to book a trip to warm San Diego and play Boise State.........I guess this is like Michigan earning a News Years day bowl after finishing second to last in their division in the Big t
11-29-2013 11:11 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
SBC as of right now does not have a tie in to Pizza Bowl this year. That's what Benson said.

Now...Benson could be wrong...but I doubt it. We got destroyed today by all sorts of results and pretty much will only place two. Awful day for the Sun Belt overall. Not to mention Go Daddy has a mess on its hands in terms of picks. You could have a strange situation depending on results tomorrow where an outgoing WKU is 8-4 but 4th in the league. A league favorite in ASU is 2nd with 7 wins, and the local tie Troy is 3rd but only has 6 wins. Taking WKU makes ASU and Troy mad. Taking Troy makes ASU irate, taking ASU means a 3rd straight year with the Red Wolves.

We need to steal the MAC's backups post haste.
11-29-2013 11:19 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(11-29-2013 10:02 PM)bobcat_backer Wrote:  
(11-29-2013 09:53 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  Unless the pinstripe is open geography is not in our favor... I would not be amazed to see UB left out..

I can't see UB getting left out no matter what.

Good MAC teams have been shafted before.
11-29-2013 11:33 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(11-29-2013 11:19 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  SBC as of right now does not have a tie in to Pizza Bowl this year. That's what Benson said.

Now...Benson could be wrong...but I doubt it. We got destroyed today by all sorts of results and pretty much will only place two. Awful day for the Sun Belt overall. Not to mention Go Daddy has a mess on its hands in terms of picks. You could have a strange situation depending on results tomorrow where an outgoing WKU is 8-4 but 4th in the league. A league favorite in ASU is 2nd with 7 wins, and the local tie Troy is 3rd but only has 6 wins. Taking WKU makes ASU and Troy mad. Taking Troy makes ASU irate, taking ASU means a 3rd straight year with the Red Wolves.

If i were the Sun Belt i would place the SBC teams that are staying in the conference into the bowls over WKU. Let them sit at home.
11-29-2013 11:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-29-2013 09:04 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  I hope that UT goes to the LCPB. Because, 1.) It works best for me, and 2.) If they go anywhere else where travel is required, I fear that no one will go because of the embarrassing end to the season.

I would be very surprised it the LCPB doesn't get either BG or UT (with CMU again being a very dark horse candidate) just for attendance considerations. UT won the MCB the last year it was played in the Silverdome, but they are 0-3 in that bowl since it moved to Ford Field.
11-30-2013 12:03 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-29-2013 11:34 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(11-29-2013 11:19 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  SBC as of right now does not have a tie in to Pizza Bowl this year. That's what Benson said.

If i were the Sun Belt i would place the SBC teams that are staying in the conference into the bowls over WKU. Let them sit at home.

Everyone not based in Bowling Green will agree. But our commissioner has a strange love affair with WKU. They are the primary reason we have Idaho. WKU wanted a league title game...the rest of us wanted a title game, but only after the right expansion. Benson grabbed NMSU and Idaho.

This whole talk about ASU and ULL leaving and forming their own league didn't get started because we were happy little lambs.
11-30-2013 12:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.