Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
"New" App State logo
Bookmark and Share
HiHiYikas Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: App State
"New" App State logo
App announced that the Vintage Yosef, now called Victory Yosef, will be added to our logo collection permanently. Also they announced that the "Yosef head" logo will be retired. I love this move.

http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewArticl...=209325293
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 10:55 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
11-27-2013 02:51 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
RE: "New" App State logo
Is the Yosef head the old man with long beard one?
11-27-2013 02:58 PM
HiHiYikas Offline
Water Engineer

(11-27-2013 02:58 PM)slycat Wrote:  Is the Yosef head the old man with long beard one?

This is the one that's being retired

https://www.irononsticker.com/images/201...nsfer).gif
11-27-2013 03:14 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(11-27-2013 03:14 PM)HiHiYikas Wrote:  
(11-27-2013 02:58 PM)slycat Wrote:  Is the Yosef head the old man with long beard one?

First let me say this is not intended as an insult to the Yosef character.

But good! I much more like the "old school" looking Abraham Lincoln as opposed to the... Pirates of the Caribbean Davey Jones New school logo.
11-27-2013 03:38 PM
HiHiYikas Offline
Water Engineer

(11-27-2013 03:38 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(11-27-2013 03:14 PM)HiHiYikas Wrote:  

First let me say this is not intended as an insult to the Yosef character.

But good! I much more like the "old school" looking Abraham Lincoln as opposed to the... Pirates of the Caribbean Davey Jones New school logo.

No insult taken. The old school Yosef was always preferred by most fans over the one that's being retired. App never really used the "Davey Jones" one in recent years anyway, so this is definitely an upgrade in my opinion to make it an official logo again.
11-27-2013 03:49 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I think it looks like a hasidic Jew.
11-27-2013 04:20 PM
Advertisement

Check Yosef Offline
1st String

"New" App State logo
I'm a fan of both don't really agree with logo change, makes us look like we are living in the 70s instead of the 2000s which is when we became truly successful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-27-2013 04:48 PM
appstate77 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: app state
Victory Yosef is from my day. Lately folks from my era have been calling him, "Old Yo". No longer that now and I am glad!!
11-27-2013 05:07 PM
AceEagle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GaSou
I like the new logo.... Way to go App!!!
11-27-2013 05:36 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
I hate that bald headed Yosef with a pipe.
Really who wears a beard like that? Looks like something on a goat.
I have always liked the mountain range logo the best.
I know, most like the "Victory Yosef".
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 05:49 PM by GoApps70.)
11-27-2013 05:46 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Vintage Yosef all the way, now give him his gun and shine jug.
11-27-2013 07:09 PM
Advertisement

Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
Eh. I like the old one better. App has a great branding opportunity. Both seem to be a bit short to me.
11-27-2013 07:59 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

The fanbase like the vintage Yosef, merchandise sales support the decision.
11-27-2013 08:11 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I will say the "old Abraham Lincoln" Yosef for some reason reminds me of Wake Forest, but that could just be me.
11-27-2013 09:23 PM
moehler Offline
1st String

as long as we stay with the block A on the helmets I'm fine, but I hope we never put the corn cob yosef back on the helmets, they were the worst looking helmets, looked like a Saturday morning cartoon character, ya, that was real intimidating to the opposing team.
11-27-2013 11:41 PM
Wild Bill Kelso Offline
2nd String

I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but IMO the "new" old logo is what Appalachian is all about. It seems as though some are ashamed of the school's heritage. Everything was fine with the old Yosef until a bunch of uppity yankees became entrenched in ASU's administration and faculty back in the early 80's. They said the "hillbilly" logo with the corncob pipe and jug wasn't sophisticated enough for our university. Some even went as far as to ban playing of Bluegrass music at university functions. Some of us old farts began saying ASU was trying to become the Harvard of the Hills. ASU was founded by mountain folk and their fierce independence and ability to eek out living in such a hostile and isolated environment is what makes being the Mountaineers so special. Like the folks in Louisiana who embrace their Cajun heritage I am proud to be a Mountaineer. This garbage of dressing him up like a city slicker, as they did with the logo being retired, is just plain idiocy and I, for one, am glad the people in Boone have come to their senses. Interesting how it was the alumni and students who shoved them back in that direction. Now if we can just get the PTB to drop using the yeller and switch back to real gold, the journey will be complete.

Oh by the way Mr Moehler, the helmets App wore during the Brakefield era were some of the best looking in college football.
11-28-2013 12:39 AM
Advertisement

AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-28-2013 12:39 AM)Wild Bill Kelso Wrote:  I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but IMO the "new" old logo is what Appalachian is all about. It seems as though some are ashamed of the school's heritage. Everything was fine with the old Yosef until a bunch of uppity yankees became entrenched in ASU's administration and faculty back in the early 80's. They said the "hillbilly" logo with the corncob pipe and jug wasn't sophisticated enough for our university. Some even went as far as to ban playing of Bluegrass music at university functions. Some of us old farts began saying ASU was trying to become the Harvard of the Hills. ASU was founded by mountain folk and their fierce independence and ability to eek out living in such a hostile and isolated environment is what makes being the Mountaineers so special. Like the folks in Louisiana who embrace their Cajun heritage I am proud to be a Mountaineer. This garbage of dressing him up like a city slicker, as they did with the logo being retired, is just plain idiocy and I, for one, am glad the people in Boone have come to their senses. Interesting how it was the alumni and students who shoved them back in that direction. Now if we can just get the PTB to drop using the yeller and switch back to real gold, the journey will be complete.

Oh by the way Mr Moehler, the helmets App wore during the Brakefield era were some of the best looking in college football.
Epic Applause
Amen. Glad to see Floating Head Yosef gone. We should be proud Of our heritage, and the new, old logo states just that. We also need someone to put a long rifle in one of Touchdown Yosef's hands and a shine jug at his feet.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 07:04 AM by AppinVA.)
11-28-2013 07:04 AM
Wild Bill Kelso Offline
2nd String

(11-28-2013 07:04 AM)AppinVA Wrote:  
(11-28-2013 12:39 AM)Wild Bill Kelso Wrote:  I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but IMO the "new" old logo is what Appalachian is all about. It seems as though some are ashamed of the school's heritage. Everything was fine with the old Yosef until a bunch of uppity yankees became entrenched in ASU's administration and faculty back in the early 80's. They said the "hillbilly" logo with the corncob pipe and jug wasn't sophisticated enough for our university. Some even went as far as to ban playing of Bluegrass music at university functions. Some of us old farts began saying ASU was trying to become the Harvard of the Hills. ASU was founded by mountain folk and their fierce independence and ability to eek out living in such a hostile and isolated environment is what makes being the Mountaineers so special. Like the folks in Louisiana who embrace their Cajun heritage I am proud to be a Mountaineer. This garbage of dressing him up like a city slicker, as they did with the logo being retired, is just plain idiocy and I, for one, am glad the people in Boone have come to their senses. Interesting how it was the alumni and students who shoved them back in that direction. Now if we can just get the PTB to drop using the yeller and switch back to real gold, the journey will be complete.

Epic Applause
Amen. Glad to see Floating Head Yosef gone. We should be proud Of our heritage, and the new, old logo states just that. We also need someone to put a long rifle in one of Touchdown Yosef's hands and a shine jug at his feet.

From the day it was unveiled I have referred to that statue as the mad farmer. He looks nothing like Yosef, but like a farmer shooing crows out of his corn field. If we ever were to make a change away from the vintage Yosef, which I hope we never do, I'd be more inclined to go with the statute depicting Daniel Boone sitting around the campfire with his dogs. Leave the Davy Crockett look with the coonskin hat and buckskins with all the fringes to West Virginia.
11-28-2013 08:40 AM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

Man, there was a website that had basically ALL the helmets of just about EVERY college team out there (I think it was down into DII last I looked).

I wish I could find it again.
11-28-2013 12:56 PM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-28-2013 08:40 AM)Wild Bill Kelso Wrote:  
(11-28-2013 07:04 AM)AppinVA Wrote:  

Epic Applause

From the day it was unveiled I have referred to that statue as the mad farmer. He looks nothing like Yosef, but like a farmer shooing crows out of his corn field. If we ever were to make a change away from the vintage Yosef, which I hope we never do, I'd be more inclined to go with the statute depicting Daniel Boone sitting around the campfire with his dogs. Leave the Davy Crockett look with the coonskin hat and buckskins with all the fringes to West Virginia.
The Mad Farmer is a good name. It's not a coincidence that the more we've been true to our roots, the more attached the school has become to the region to the west of I-77. If we hope to repliate what ECU has done in the flat lands, we will have to be sure not to turn our backs on our heritage.
11-28-2013 01:35 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.