Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question about SunBelt meetings
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Question about SunBelt meetings
I know the SBC had fall meetings and I know they have another conference meeting in late Spring-- I think late May/early June.

My question is if there are SunBelt meetings in the winter-- like January/February?

If we are to invite a 12th football playing team I would think at some point there has to be a meeting in early 2014 to move on this.
11-26-2013 07:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Question about SunBelt meetings
The idea that an invite is going to come out of a meeting and only a meeting is kind of overblown..
11-26-2013 08:47 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I know App and Ga. Southern were both invited and accepted into the SunBelt at the end of March. I wonder when the decision was actually made to invite us along with Idaho and NMSU.
11-26-2013 08:50 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(11-26-2013 08:50 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I know App and Ga. Southern were both invited and accepted into the SunBelt at the end of March. I wonder when the decision was actually made to invite us along with Idaho and NMSU.

App and GSU? Long before that. They just had to wait until the actual group met together to finalize the vote.

If there was a pressing realignment issue that came up, chances are the group of 11 presidents and AD's could get together long enough to vote. The formal meetings is just a situation where everyone has a set time to get together and discuss a whole bunch of issues important to the conference.
11-26-2013 08:53 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I am assuming App and Ga. Southern would get a vote this Spring if a 12th team is invited. I wonder if NMSU and Idaho would get a vote also?
11-26-2013 09:01 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(11-26-2013 09:01 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I am assuming App and Ga. Southern would get a vote this Spring if a 12th team is invited. I wonder if NMSU and Idaho would get a vote also?

You guys would vote. I am not sure on NMSU and Idaho considering the invite would likely be for all sports.
11-26-2013 09:07 PM
lcitsh Offline
1st String

I Root For: sports
(11-26-2013 07:50 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I know the SBC had fall meetings and I know they have another conference meeting in late Spring-- I think late May/early June.

My question is if there are Sun Belt meetings in the winter-- like January/February?

If we are to invite a 12th football playing team I would think at some point there has to be a meeting in early 2014 to move on this.

No.
11-26-2013 09:32 PM
Advertisement

ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
(11-26-2013 08:53 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 08:50 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I know App and Ga. Southern were both invited and accepted into the SunBelt at the end of March. I wonder when the decision was actually made to invite us along with Idaho and NMSU.

App and GSU? Long before that. They just had to wait until the actual group met together to finalize the vote.

If there was a pressing realignment issue that came up, chances are the group of 11 presidents and AD's could get together long enough to vote. The formal meetings is just a situation where everyone has a set time to get together and discuss a whole bunch of issues important to the conference.

It is very easy to set up a telephone or video conference call with all members present. None of us posters on this board would know anything about this meeting or what was decided in this type meeting unless someone let the cat out of the bag. This type of discussion does not have to always take place in a formal meeting.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 08:06 AM by ValleyBoy.)
11-27-2013 08:06 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
There is usually smoke around the topic a week or two out. Also its Sun Belt, two words.
11-27-2013 09:18 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-27-2013 08:06 AM)ValleyBoy Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 08:53 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

It is very easy to set up a telephone or video conference call with all members present. None of us posters on this board would know anything about this meeting or what was decided in this type meeting unless someone let the cat out of the bag. This type of discussion does not have to always take place in a formal meeting.

If an Invite was coming, we'd have some notice. We had a strong idea that App and GSU were coming a week or so before the actual announcement.

However, we would not have an idea of when an invite was extended without someone saying something.
11-27-2013 03:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.