Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USA Today new bowl projections (Nov. 26)
Bookmark and Share
exCincy Kid1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
USA Today new bowl projections (Nov. 26)
And yes, NIU in Fiesta vs. Ok State!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca...e/3752771/
11-26-2013 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: USA Today new bowl projections (Nov. 26)
Hope it holds out, i'm only a 5-hour drive from Phoenix and a very short flight.
11-26-2013 02:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Any projection putting Notre Dame in Detroit in the LCPB isn't worth jack squat. They would NEVER in a million years play in that bowl game.
11-26-2013 03:10 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(11-26-2013 03:10 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Any projection putting Notre Dame in Detroit in the LCPB isn't worth jack squat. They would NEVER in a million years play in that bowl game.

Right now its say 99% chance they end up in the pinstripe but Brian Kelly has said he will play where the kids want to go.

It's possible that the MAC / ND / Poinsettia / Pinstripe Bowl come to some understanding and ship ND out to Sand Diego for a "New York" placement in the pinstripe.. its my 1% dream.
11-26-2013 03:17 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(11-26-2013 03:17 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 03:10 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Any projection putting Notre Dame in Detroit in the LCPB isn't worth jack squat. They would NEVER in a million years play in that bowl game.

Right now its say 99% chance they end up in the pinstripe but Brian Kelly has said he will play where the kids want to go.

It's possible that the MAC / ND / Poinsettia / Pinstripe Bowl come to some understanding and ship ND out to Sand Diego for a "New York" placement in the pinstripe.. its my 1% dream.

Some other bowl will either take them, or they'll refuse to go to Detroit. Trust me...it's never happening.
11-26-2013 03:18 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(11-26-2013 03:18 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Some other bowl will either take them, or they'll refuse to go to Detroit. Trust me...it's never happening.

Have they moved San Diego to Detroit?
11-26-2013 09:56 PM
cmufanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: cmu chippewas
(11-26-2013 09:56 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

it is a pipe dream but if CMU is bowl eligible and if there are enough slots, a ND/CMU matchup in the Pizza bowl would draw huge numbers. Many alums in the area, also a Brian Kelly matchup with his former team would sell a lot of tickets. Pizza bowl has been known to wiggle around to get the local teams in their game.
11-27-2013 08:06 AM
Advertisement

BullBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Buffalo
(11-27-2013 08:06 AM)cmufanatic Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 09:56 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

it is a pipe dream but if CMU is bowl eligible and if there are enough slots, a ND/CMU matchup in the Pizza bowl would draw huge numbers. Many alums in the area, also a Brian Kelly matchup with his former team would sell a lot of tickets. Pizza bowl has been known to wiggle around to get the local teams in their game.

Somehow getting a Notre Dame-Buffalo game would be kind of cool. Could have Brian Kelly vs Jeff Quinn
11-27-2013 08:38 AM
Siborg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bowling Green
I'd love to see BG get a shot at ND but it will never happen. It woul dbe a great draw in Detroit though.
11-27-2013 02:19 PM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
(11-27-2013 02:19 PM)Siborg Wrote:  I'd love to see BG get a shot at ND but it will never happen. It woul dbe a great draw in Detroit though.

If Bowling Green beat ND in a bowl this year AND NIU beat OK State in a BCS bowl, I would gigglesh*t myself into a coma.
11-27-2013 02:40 PM
Advertisement

templefootballfan Online
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
actually, i see Toledo in Pizza bowl,
ND would be great, Pitt [OSU, WSU, or SYC] would work,
But I would rather see Ohio than anybody
C-USA or Sun belt has to offer
11-28-2013 12:48 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
I'm hoping UT gets the Pizza Bowl this year. Good chance at getting an AQ team.
11-28-2013 12:50 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(11-28-2013 12:50 AM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  I'm hoping UT gets the Pizza Bowl this year. Good chance at getting an AQ team.

Is that based on two assumptions:

1). SBC can't fill for the B1G,

2). There are a lot of AQ teams available, esp from the ACC?

These backup agreements are two edge swords.

This year the SBC backup could cost us an ACC team, I'd think.
11-28-2013 06:38 AM
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Re: RE: USA Today new bowl projections (Nov. 26)
(11-28-2013 06:38 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(11-28-2013 12:50 AM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  I'm hoping UT gets the Pizza Bowl this year. Good chance at getting an AQ team.

Is that based on two assumptions:

These backup agreements are two edge swords.

This year the SBC backup could cost us an ACC team, I'd think.

A lot of the projections have an AQ team going. That's what I'm basing my assumption on.
11-28-2013 10:08 AM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(11-28-2013 06:38 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Is that based on two assumptions:

The Sunbelt has four bowl eligible in their Sunbelt standings, two primary tie-ins, and three secondary tie-ins, so I'd guess there we'd be looking to the UL-LvM game and Troy / Texas State game both go to the already-bowl-eligible school, and that the Sunbelt prefers AvoCare 100 & Beef O'Brady's (as both the SEC and AAC are likely to come short on their primary bowl tie-ins).
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 10:14 AM by BruceMcF.)
11-28-2013 10:13 AM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich

I'll go see that ND v. BGSU matchup for sure.
Their fan base isn't strong enough anymore to pass up games close to home.
However, that doesn't mean they wouldn't.
11-28-2013 10:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.