Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Uniform watch...
Pan95 Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice/WY
Uniform watch...
Watching Texas A&M play at LSU.
Interesting gray attire especially the gray pants with the maroon stripe. Too bad we can't at least spring for some gray pants with a blue stripe as a home alternate. Though I love our blue pants with the white stripes.

Also, it would be cool to have our seal on the uniform...maybe on the shoulders in lieu of numbers. Havard does something similar.

Rice Seal
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 04:58 PM by Pan95.)
11-23-2013 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KingNayte Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Hooty Hoot!
New Orleans Bowl
RE: Uniform watch...
(11-23-2013 04:52 PM)Pan95 Wrote:  Watching Texas A&M play at LSU.
Interesting gray attire especially the gray pants with the maroon stripe. Too bad we can't at least spring for some gray pants with a blue stripe as a home alternate. Though I love our blue pants with the white stripes.

Also, it would be cool to have our seal on the uniform...maybe on the shoulders in lieu of numbers. Havard does something similar.

Rice Seal

There just isn't a way I could disagree with you more. The Aggie uniforms today are HIDEOUS. Multi-patterns, awful shade of grey, nasty, nasty, nasty looking things. LSU, meanwhile, has a brand and sticks to it.

Our uniforms are stellar. consistent, simple, distinctive, clean, timeless.

I don't really wanna fight about something as trivial as uniforms, but c'mon. the seal? silly pants? silly.
11-23-2013 06:04 PM
Pan95 Offline
All American

Lol
I just want some gray in our unis man! Is that too much to ask for?
11-23-2013 06:07 PM
KingNayte Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Hooty Hoot!
New Orleans Bowl
(11-23-2013 06:07 PM)Pan95 Wrote:  Lol

sigh. no. it IS one of our colors.
11-23-2013 06:09 PM
bobreinhold1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice Owls
Basketball was in a nice gray uni today.
11-23-2013 06:12 PM
owlatheart Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice's honor
Razorbacks wore gray also--looked horrible
11-23-2013 06:58 PM
Advertisement

Pan95 Offline
All American

Here's a question: if we are not going to wear it in our highest profile sport, should we officially replace gray with another color?
11-23-2013 07:11 PM
JMay Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Rice
It would be nice to see the throw back helmets again.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 07:12 PM by JMay.)
11-23-2013 07:11 PM
13thOwl Offline
Banned

I Root For: Rice University
Baseball GeniusDonatorsFootball Genius
(11-23-2013 07:11 PM)Pan95 Wrote:  Here's a question: if we are not going to wear it in our highest profile sport, should we officially replace gray with another color?

I don't understand the above. Rice Baseball wears gray when they play on the road.
11-23-2013 07:14 PM
Memphis Owl Offline
1st String

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
Uniform watch...
(11-23-2013 06:07 PM)Pan95 Wrote:  Lol

I would like to see an alternative uniform with Gray.

Gray helmet with blue R?
Gray pants with Blue Stripes?
Gray jersey with Blue numeral and lettering?

All can be used in total or in combinations.

Ditch the white pants.

Considering our performance on Halloween, retire the a Pink R. To recognize breast cancer awareness, a pink ribbon on the jersey or helmet is sufficient.
11-23-2013 07:19 PM
Pan95 Offline
All American

(11-23-2013 07:14 PM)13thOwl Wrote:  
(11-23-2013 07:11 PM)Pan95 Wrote:  Here's a question: if we are not going to wear it in our highest profile sport, should we officially replace gray with another color?

I don't understand the above. Rice Baseball wears gray when they play on the road.

I see what you did there! :-)
11-23-2013 07:21 PM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Whether we like it or not, this is the trend. Michigan State had a chrome green helmet... Texas had the horns AND a number on the side of their helmets... A&M had this awful thing (though I liked the fade on the helmet). iirc, Nebraska had something unique as did Ohio State.... some of the most "traditional" schools in the country. Almost all of the "big time" smaller schools have a variety of uniforms and the chrome helmets are a clear trend... TCU/UH, really, most teams use it.

I know gray is our color, but it doesn't show up well on blue, and looks like the blue when you trim it in white to make it show better.

I don't know how to describe it, but one trend I like is kind of head to toe (including socks and shoes) monotone with some sort of a splash/flash of white with a chrome blue helmet. I wonder what a monotone dark gray with white R and flashes would look like? KIND of like A&M's, but without the shoulder stripes.
11-23-2013 09:03 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(11-23-2013 09:03 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  I wonder what a monotone dark gray with white R and flashes would look like?

Underroos? The Gray Avender? Ugh.
11-23-2013 09:05 PM
Tiki Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
I have to give props to UT, ND, and a few other of the giants that have stayed true to their uni's. I'm sure Nike would love to see the Horns or the Irish wearing some their combat or other outfits but I don't think they will.

Chrome blue helmets with the Gothic R would look good but outside of actually wearing some gray I am not in favor of us wearing Baskin Robins 31 flavors unis.
11-23-2013 09:13 PM
mbrindley Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(11-23-2013 09:13 PM)Tiki Owl Wrote:  I have to give props to UT, ND, and a few other of the giants that have stayed true to their uni's. I'm sure Nike would love to see the Horns or the Irish wearing some their combat or other outfits but I don't think they will.

Chrome blue helmets with the Gothic R would look good but outside of actually wearing some gray I am not in favor of us wearing Baskin Robins 31 flavors unis.

Notre Dame has worn some hideous alternate uniforms over the past couple of years. Kids have loved them. Texas chose hideous practice uniforms to try and appease player requests. The numbers were on Texas helmets in addition to the longhorn were supposed to be a 1 game alternate helmet. The players voted to keep the numbers for the entire year. The kids want the fun uniforms. I believe even the holdouts will have at least one alternate uniform over the next few years.

For now, we have chose to use multiple combinations of the same instead of single game changes. And, helmet sticker changes which are inexpensive.
11-23-2013 09:35 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(11-23-2013 09:05 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  
(11-23-2013 09:03 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  I wonder what a monotone dark gray with white R and flashes would look like?

Underroos? The Gray Avender? Ugh.

Michigan/Michigan State
[Image: image_zps518fbbd4.jpg]

Northwestern

[Image: image_zps14d5aa09.jpg]

Georgia

[Image: image_zps2ed4c791.jpg]

Check out this Oregon uni... Imagine our slightly deeper gray... Chrome Blue helmet, white R. Chrome blue number flashed in white?? blue Chrome and white flashes on gray or black shoes or chrome and gray on white shoes?
[Image: image_zpsae66a2da.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 09:56 PM by Hambone10.)
11-23-2013 09:55 PM
Advertisement

HooCares Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Rice, Tulane

No. Todd Graham tried to do that (yellow), and everyone knows what a douchebag he was/is.
11-23-2013 09:56 PM
Pan95 Offline
All American

To be fair, I don't want to imply that I am disappointed with our unis because I'm not. The gray facemasks are great with the OER. I'm curious to see how the helmet would look with the gray stripe (see the 2012 UTSA and Tulsa helmet) and the OER, but the helmet as is is timeless.

I would, however, like to gray pants with a blue stripe as part of the rotation. I think the current blue pants with white stripe is brilliant. Just give us gray pants instead of plain white pants...or, give us white pants with a blue stripe.

As for the jersey, it is just about perfect. We just need something for the shoulders. If not the university seal (which I thing would be cool), then either an OER on each shoulder, player numbers, or some stripes.

I like what BYU does with their shoulder stripes.BYU Shoulder stripes
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 10:02 PM by Pan95.)
11-23-2013 10:00 PM
Baconator Offline

New Orleans BowlDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
We should put mirrors on the shoulders, so that our opponents can see the fear in their own faces as they get slobberknockered by our defense!
11-23-2013 10:43 PM
texowl2 Offline
All American

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(11-23-2013 06:04 PM)KingNayte Wrote:  
(11-23-2013 04:52 PM)Pan95 Wrote:  Watching Texas A&M play at LSU.

Rice Seal

There just isn't a way I could disagree with you more. The Aggie uniforms today are HIDEOUS. Multi-patterns, awful shade of grey, nasty, nasty, nasty looking things. LSU, meanwhile, has a brand and sticks to it.

Our uniforms are stellar. consistent, simple, distinctive, clean, timeless.

I don't really wanna fight about something as trivial as uniforms, but c'mon. the seal? silly pants? silly.

agree on the horrible-the NCAA (and others) are becoming the Hunger Games. I walked past a bad tv, saw LSU and wasn't sure who they were playing-geesh
11-24-2013 09:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.