NIU vs UT - My View
Bookmark and Share
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
NIU vs UT - My View
Article at TheRocketNation.com
11-19-2013 09:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
RE: NIU vs UT - My View
Even after that 2nd half performance against Buffalo...even after seeing Northern beat Ball State...even after seeing the ugly uniform combo the Rockets will wear tonight...even without knowing whether or not Flu is healthy and/or will play...even without being assured that a decent crowd (at least 17,000) will show up...I just feel better about this time around than I have for any of the last 3 games against Northern--and this is the Board's pessimist writing this. Go Rockets!!!!!
11-20-2013 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CharlottesvilleRocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS!
(11-20-2013 08:34 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Even after that 2nd half performance against Buffalo...even after seeing Northern beat Ball State...even after seeing the ugly uniform combo the Rockets will wear tonight...even without knowing whether or not Flu is healthy and/or will play...even without being assured that a decent crowd (at least 17,000) will show up...I just feel better about this time around than I have for any of the last 3 games against Northern--and this is the Board's pessimist writing this. Go Rockets!!!!!

I tend to agree with most of your posts ... but I'm not so sure. I guess I'll believe it when I see it. NIU has bragging rights and has backed it up in recent years. We shall see.
11-20-2013 09:02 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
The solution is simple, run the ball, run the ball and run some more and when we haven't run enough hand it off to Pringle to pad his 35 yd average. The key to winning is to keep the ball, keep Lynch off the field and wear them down. Time for our O-Line to manhandle them for 4 quarters until they can't stand up in the 4th quarter. First down - Flu, Second down Hunt, third down Jones-Moore, then do it all over again. Keep the cloc running and own time of posession.
11-20-2013 09:31 AM
Advertisement

timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

I Root For: NIU
Quote:The tag line on the back of the Huskies' helmet reads: "The Hard Way." Ostensibly, this speaks to their blue collar, nobody thinks-we're-good-enough attitude. Maybe. Or it just may pertain to opposing defensive coordinators' tasks of trying to develop a scheme to control Lynch and his prolific offensive teammates.

Best part of the entire article.
11-20-2013 09:35 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-20-2013 09:35 AM)timxlydon Wrote:  
Quote:The tag line on the back of the Huskies' helmet reads: "The Hard Way." Ostensibly, this speaks to their blue collar, nobody thinks-we're-good-enough attitude. Maybe. Or it just may pertain to opposing defensive coordinators' tasks of trying to develop a scheme to control Lynch and his prolific offensive teammates.

Glad you liked part of the article. :-)

In all candor, I do try to be objective in spite of my Midnight Blue and Gold bias. That said, I was partial to the "welcome to the party dawgs" line
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 11:14 AM by NewMex RocketFan.)
11-20-2013 10:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
I liked the picture of the "old" guy wearing #60.........05-stirthepot
11-20-2013 10:54 AM
Advertisement

NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-20-2013 10:54 AM)Terry Wrote:  I liked the picture of the "old" guy wearing #60.........05-stirthepot

Terry, the photo was selected by Brian Nowicki. I rather liked the photo too but I would never call him "old" being in the same stadium with him. :-)
11-20-2013 10:58 AM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

NewMex, again you did an excellent job. I don't think many people put as much detail in these as you do.

I also thought featuring the Hard Way and your spin on it was excellent.

I very much look forward to a great game. I'm going to enjoy seeing your recap as well. 04-cheers
11-20-2013 11:04 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-20-2013 11:04 AM)HuskieJWN Wrote:  NewMex, again you did an excellent job. I don't think many people put as much detail in these as you do.

I also thought featuring the Hard Way and your spin on it was excellent.

I very much look forward to a great game. I'm going to enjoy seeing your recap as well. 04-cheers

Thank you. The longer into the season the more time I have to spend reviewing articles and game videos - thank you ESPN3. Watching the Huskies play BSU, both live and in replay, I was amazed at the number of different offensive formations employed. NIU is an impressive team, particularly on offense. I do not think the NIU defense gets enough ink - their ability to limit opponents scoring in the second half is a story waiting to be told. Hopefully, there will be a different story tonight!
11-20-2013 11:13 AM
Advertisement

timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

(11-20-2013 10:50 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  
(11-20-2013 09:35 AM)timxlydon Wrote:  

Glad you liked part of the article. :-)

In all candor, I do try to be objective in spite of my Midnight Blue and Gold bias. That said, I was partial to the "welcome to the party dawgs" line

It was a good, objective article. I did enjoy the whole article.
11-20-2013 11:26 AM
42 of Blue Crew Offline
Special Teams

As always, you do a great job and your 'my view' articles are always my favorite to read each and every week.
11-20-2013 11:55 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-20-2013 11:55 AM)42 of Blue Crew Wrote:  As always, you do a great job and your 'my view' articles are always my favorite to read each and every week.

Thank you for kind words.
11-20-2013 01:22 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
Just one correction on the story referencing NIU has "national media darling" , that is far far far from the truth and the exact opposite, NIU is despised and hated by the media.
11-20-2013 04:01 PM
42 of Blue Crew Offline
Special Teams

(11-20-2013 04:01 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Just one correction on the story referencing NIU has "national media darling" , that is far far far from the truth and the exact opposite, NIU is despised and hated by the media.

NIU was hated and still is by Kirk Herbstreet, but listening to some of the ESPN analysts talk, you would think NIU is the Boise St of a couple years back.
11-20-2013 04:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.