Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Am I the only one who doesn't like WKU fans?
Bookmark and Share
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
Am I the only one who doesn't like WKU fans?
Good program with uncool fans... you and UTSA deserve each other.
11-19-2013 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Am I the only one who doesn't like WKU fans?
(11-19-2013 08:41 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  Good program with uncool fans... you and UTSA deserve each other.

With the exception of Dabeed I would agree with you!
11-24-2013 05:27 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Like any fanbase there are good and bad ones.
11-24-2013 06:33 PM
Advertisement

Jacque Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
(11-19-2013 08:41 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  Good program with uncool fans... you and UTSA deserve each other.

How many WKU fans have you met? Are you basing your opinion of an entire fan base on two or three posters on a message board? I could say that TX St fans are bad becasue a couple of the TX St posters have posted something obnoxious but htat would be an extreme generalization based upon an extremely small sample size. My sense of logic will not allow me to reach such a conclusion.
Hopefully you are more intelligent and logical than this post makes you appear to be.
11-25-2013 02:01 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(11-25-2013 02:01 PM)Jacque Wrote:  

How many WKU fans have you met? Are you basing your opinion of an entire fan base on two or three posters on a message board? I could say that TX St fans are bad becasue a couple of the TX St posters have posted something obnoxious but htat would be an extreme generalization based upon an extremely small sample size. My sense of logic will not allow me to reach such a conclusion.
Hopefully you are more intelligent and logical than this post makes you appear to be.

I think he is mainly referring to the WKU fans he has met on message boards. Those are the more... vociferous fans around.

Honestly, most of the WKU fans on this board I like. One or two that just want to try and rub salt in a non-existent wound because they are leaving, but... that's expected.
11-25-2013 02:12 PM
Advertisement

Jacque Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
(11-25-2013 02:12 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  

I think he is mainly referring to the WKU fans he has met on message boards. Those are the more... vociferous fans around.

Honestly, most of the WKU fans on this board I like. One or two that just want to try and rub salt in a non-existent wound because they are leaving, but... that's expected.

That is why I said it is ill-advised to label an entire fan base solely on the postings of a few fans. As a rule, the fans of any team on a message board are usually the more..... vociferous of their fan base.
If you are referring two several WKU posters in particular, I can guess to whom you (and he) may be referring. However, almost every fan base in the SBC (even TX St lol) has had one or two posters whose obnoxious, rude and stupid posts make me want to pull my hair out, but I try not to condemn an entire fan base over the mistakes of a few.
11-25-2013 04:32 PM
EaglesDare Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GSEagles
(11-25-2013 02:12 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  

Ya see Rev, here we have another case of poster profiling. Will it ever stop? 05-stirthepot
11-25-2013 07:17 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
WKU fans get a bad rep because there are a few crazies who hang out on this board. The truth is, they have a great set of fans...we just see them as different because they see basketball as something other than a time killer after football season.
11-25-2013 07:28 PM
gsu95 Offline
Fifth Estate

I Root For: USC, GS
The vast majority of fans are OK, regardless of their school.
But there are noticeable exceptions, regardless of allegiance. WKU is no more gifted in this regard than any other school, including my own alma-mater -- Georgia Southern. We all got our weenuses.

You know, those guys who crow in victory and act like utter ******** in defeat -- blaming the refs, saying their team didn't play well, etc.

Oh to hell with it. My head hurts.
11-25-2013 10:39 PM
Advertisement

TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

(11-25-2013 04:32 PM)Jacque Wrote:  That is why I said it is ill-advised to label an entire fan base solely on the postings of a few fans. As a rule, the fans of any team on a message board are usually the more..... vociferous of their fan base.
If you are referring two several WKU posters in particular, I can guess to whom you (and he) may be referring. However, almost every fan base in the SBC (even TX St lol) has had one or two posters whose obnoxious, rude and stupid posts make me want to pull my hair out, but I try not to condemn an entire fan base over the mistakes of a few.

The scary part about the bolded statement is that in truth, the REALLY bad ones for us haven't made their way to THIS particular board.

I shudder for the day they do.
11-26-2013 01:11 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

(11-25-2013 07:17 PM)EaglesDare Wrote:  Ya see Rev, here we have another case of poster profiling. Will it ever stop? 05-stirthepot

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever... ever.

Why take the time to look at things individually when it's so much easier to consume a vast amount of data by using sampling? Sheesh.
11-26-2013 01:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.