Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is a recruiting coordinator?
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
One of our posters has a fascination with recruiting coordinators and values their skill set as a valued attribute for a HC.

Is he a super-recruiter? Kind of like the closer in baseball? Or something else?

Actually, the recruiting coordinator is probably a terrible job to have. A big time administrative assistant who spends tons of hours at the keyboard planning and keeping track of a tremendous amount of information.

I wonder how much recruiting he actually does because of his administrative duties.

Probably a geek with excellent computer skills and organization.

Might have a comb in his shirt pocket. Wear 1960s style glasses. 03-lmfao

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/15926...e-football
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 08:05 AM by emu steve.)
11-17-2013 08:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fbgab Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU
RE: What is a recruiting coordinator?
Normally the DFO does a lot if the admin work. In all honesty on many staffs the RC is just a title given that comes with a little extra money to an assistant to woo them, or keep them from bolting.
11-17-2013 09:15 AM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU Football
(11-17-2013 08:00 AM)emu steve Wrote:  One of our posters has a fascination with recruiting coordinators and values their skill set as a valued attribute for a HC.

Is he a super-recruiter? Kind of like the closer in baseball? Or something else?

Actually, the recruiting coordinator is probably a terrible job to have. A big time administrative assistant who spends tons of hours at the keyboard planning and keeping track of a tremendous amount of information.

I wonder how much recruiting he actually does because of his administrative duties.

Probably a geek with excellent computer skills and organization.

Might have a comb in his shirt pocket. Wear 1960s style glasses. 03-lmfao

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/15926...e-football

Nerds or geeks like these?

http://thechive.com/2009/08/17/the-world...n-geeks-9/
11-17-2013 11:03 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Yeah I love those backhanded slaps from Steve, but hey Dan Enos was one recruiting coordinator who landed a Div I job, Fleck handled alot of recruiting chores for NIU, Doug Downing is EMU's current recruiting coordinator and oddly enough the last three EMU recruiting classes have been the highest ranked in EMU"s recent history.

Yes my interest in hiring a new head coach that has recruiting skills or been the head coordinator may seem revoluntary to some like EMU Steve but it seems like an important skill to me.

Of course this ignores the fact that the only candidate out of six I've mentioned is a recruiting coordinator (Brad Salem of MSU) which is part of an overall qualification of him as a potential coach but all that proves is that EMU Steve must like cheap shots or he can read what I write.
11-17-2013 01:06 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(11-17-2013 01:06 PM)emu79 Wrote:  Yeah I love those backhanded slaps from Steve, but hey Dan Enos was one recruiting coordinator who landed a Div I job, Fleck handled alot of recruiting chores for NIU, Doug Downing is EMU's current recruiting coordinator and oddly enough the last three EMU recruiting classes have been the highest ranked in EMU"s recent history.

Yes my interest in hiring a new head coach that has recruiting skills or been the head coordinator may seem revoluntary to some like EMU Steve but it seems like an important skill to me.

Of course this ignores the fact that the only candidate out of six I've mentioned is a recruiting coordinator (Brad Salem of MSU) which is part of an overall qualification of him as a potential coach but all that proves is that EMU Steve must like cheap shots or he can read what I write.

Wait, are you mixing recruiter with recruiting coordinator?

I knew you were confused when you posted that Mike Hart should be the recruiting coordinator. I remember the post. 03-yes

Of course, a team does not want to weight down the team's best recruiters with a bunch of admin jobs.

Hart appears to be a very, very effective recruiter. English was the 'closer' who closed the deals with recruits.

Who else was an effective recruiter on this staff??
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013 06:03 AM by emu steve.)
11-18-2013 06:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.