Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UT vs. rest of the MAC
Bookmark and Share
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
UT vs. rest of the MAC
I'd venture to say that the game with NIU will see, most, if not all of the MAC schools rooting against the Rockets. If the Huskies win and run the table resulting in a possible BCS berth, the league and its members would see a major financial windfall. Ball State, who still has a shot at the MAC west would want a UT win to bolster their chances.
11-16-2013 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KingBob Offline
Hard Core

I Root For: TD's wit a shot

Crappies
RE: UT vs. rest of the MAC
(11-16-2013 03:13 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  I'd venture to say that the game with NIU will see, most, if not all of the MAC schools rooting against the Rockets. If the Huskies win and run the table resulting in a possible BCS berth, the league and its members would see a major financial windfall. Ball State, who still has a shot at the MAC west would want a UT win to bolster their chances.

I disagree... I think many would like to see UT win...
11-16-2013 03:32 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-16-2013 03:32 PM)KingBob Wrote:  
(11-16-2013 03:13 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  I'd venture to say that the game with NIU will see, most, if not all of the MAC schools rooting against the Rockets. If the Huskies win and run the table resulting in a possible BCS berth, the league and its members would see a major financial windfall. Ball State, who still has a shot at the MAC west would want a UT win to bolster their chances.

Not likely, but who cares?07-coffee3
11-16-2013 04:18 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

(11-16-2013 04:18 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

I think a lot of the MAC has a vested interest in this game and would not mind seeing NIU win and have an outside shot at a BCS game... If the staff had opened up the playbook earlier in the season and gotten more of a vertical game, the Rockets could be looking at an 8-1 record right now with their own opportunity to win out... But, WHO CARES !!!
11-16-2013 04:27 PM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-16-2013 04:27 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  

I think a lot of the MAC has a vested interest in this game and would not mind seeing NIU win and have an outside shot at a BCS game... If the staff had opened up the playbook earlier in the season and gotten more of a vertical game, the Rockets could be looking at an 8-1 record right now with their own opportunity to win out... But, WHO CARES !!!

I believe Owens was being protected from injury by not opening the vertical game or really giving him the option to run. Why, because UT really didn't have a seasoned backup. Owens had been injured basically all last season, it really effected the Offense's output. So you'd be risking the rest of the season, a MACC maybe, to open up the vertical game.
Btw, "the who cares" refers to other MAC programs rooting against UT Wednesday night.
11-16-2013 04:49 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

(11-16-2013 04:49 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

I believe Owens was being protected from injury by not opening the vertical game or really giving him the option to run. Why, because UT really didn't have a seasoned backup. Owens had been injured basically all last season, it really effected the Offense's output. So you'd be risking the rest of the season, a MACC maybe, to open up the vertical game.
Btw, "the who cares" refers to other MAC programs rooting against UT Wednesday night.

Gotcha !!!03-thumbsup
Agreed, who cares about the rest of the MAC rooting against UT. When the dust settles, I think the Rockets will be in Detroit fighting for a long overdue MAC championship. 04-cheers
11-16-2013 05:00 PM
42 of Blue Crew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I know a few of my friends, who are BG alumni, want to see a BG v. UT MACC. That is what I'm rooting for as well.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 05:30 PM by 42 of Blue Crew.)
11-16-2013 05:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AquaRocket Offline
Special Teams

EXACTLY... who gives a flying f...eap!03-banghead03-banghead
11-16-2013 05:45 PM
AquaRocket Offline
Special Teams

Who cares refers to what the rest of the MAC thinks about anything. As for "opening up the playbook", TO is just back at the point where he can execute the difficult throws. This is perfect timing and will take us to Detroit and beyond. We need to let the coaches coach and support the team by being in the stands on Wednesday night. The fan support for Buffalo was pathetic (I was there). We need to do much better on Wednesday and I hope that anyone who is within travelling distance will be present to make some noise. SEE YOU AT THE GAME!!
11-16-2013 05:55 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:

As long as NIU has a real chance of landing a BCS bowl which they currently do, I suspect you are 100% correct about the other MAC schools. I am also sure the MAC office will be secretly pulling strongly for a NIU win as well, although they probably can't say that publicly. But so long as the MAC refs are not among those who consciously or unconsciously want a NIU victory and a call a fair game, it doesn't matter what the MAC office or the other schools think.

Furthermore the only fans that will have a direct impact on the game will those who are in attendance at the game. Hopefully, the community and the students will pack the Glass Bowl with fans who will make some noise and give the Rockets a bit of an edge.

Although it is still early, right now it looks as if it there is not going to be any rain and the temperatures will be above freezing for the game. Of course it is a late game, but hopefully there will be a big turnout, not just buying tickets, but also actually showing up for the game (even if they have to leave a bit early before the game is over). Time to again invoke some area support for the Rockets and cheer them on the victory.
11-16-2013 09:35 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
(11-16-2013 05:55 PM)AquaRocket Wrote:  

Who cares refers to what the rest of the MAC thinks about anything. As for "opening up the playbook", TO is just back at the point where he can execute the difficult throws. This is perfect timing and will take us to Detroit and beyond. We need to let the coaches coach and support the team by being in the stands on Wednesday night. The fan support for Buffalo was pathetic (I was there). We need to do much better on Wednesday and I hope that anyone who is within travelling distance will be present to make some noise. SEE YOU AT THE GAME!!

Re: Buffalo.
Bad weather. Late-night, Mid-week. On tv. Same day as the best early B-Ball schedule in recent years, including a 1 versus 2 which included two teams with strong local fanbases. That's going to dig DEEPLY into any team's attendance.

If anything even remotely similar is happening next Wed, the University advertising would best take it head on and have messages that say why pwoplw should choose UT over whatever other distractions are available on the night. Have them pack their gear and family off to work in the morning, lol. For many, I think once they are in the house, it is too easy to stay there and read about the game next day.

Wish there was something to do on campus right after work. Might be a good day to try a new restaurant then go to the game.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 06:21 AM by eastisbest.)
11-17-2013 06:14 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Well since I was able to get the Red Sox to the world series title with my various superstitions, I have to figure out what I need to do to travel to the game and get the Rockets a win. Remember, it's not weird if it works.

apparently links don't work in windows 8.1 - wtf?
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 08:05 AM by MotoRocket.)
11-17-2013 08:01 AM
Rocket Man Offline
2nd String

I like the idea someone posted about a band playing in lot 10! We should do this every home game. I guarantee it would rock, and it would start to generate a ton of excitement. Also, the idea of showing rocket highlights would be cool, and great for recruiting! Could this be shown on the the board over Larimer facing lot 10? If not - maybe a video board could be included in the new additions to the Larimer. I know it costs money - but would be a great recruiting tool and pump up fans!

GO ROCKETS!!!

PS - I HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT THIS WEEK'S GAME AGAINST NIU!
11-17-2013 11:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.