Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question about verizon center
Bookmark and Share
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
Question about verizon center
1. who owns it

2. how much say does gtown have about the events that get scheduled there. for example if they dont want the ACC or b10 tourny to be hosted there can they block it?
11-14-2013 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Turk Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: sports
RE: Question about verizon center
(11-14-2013 09:58 PM)john01992 Wrote:  1. who owns it

2. how much say does gtown have about the events that get scheduled there. for example if they dont want the ACC or b10 tourny to be hosted there can they block it?

1. Ted Leonsis, who made a fortune off of AOL or one of the companies it acquired back in the day. G'town grad. Also owns the Caps and Wizards (majority owner). He's on our Bod, iirc.

2. Unfortunately, Ted pays more attention to his pocketbook than he does his Georgetown affiliation when it comes to the Verizon Center (imho). No way can GU block it. I don't know why we would, to be honest. The ACC won't have issues staging a tourney there in '16 or whenever it is. Branding will be all over the place several days in advance of the games.
11-15-2013 05:34 AM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
yeah im just curious on the inside what GU & the big east are thinking of this, as far as they are concerned DC is a big east city still.....and they dont want the ACC or the b10 marking it as their city as well. i sense that verizon center over the next few years will be the most sought after location after MSG
11-15-2013 10:05 AM
BigmanU Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Georgetown
(11-15-2013 10:05 AM)john01992 Wrote:  yeah im just curious on the inside what GU & the big east are thinking of this, as far as they are concerned DC is a big east city still.....and they dont want the ACC or the b10 marking it as their city as well. i sense that verizon center over the next few years will be the most sought after location after MSG

As long as Georgetown is playing the Conference tournament in MSG (Mecca) it doesn't really matter. If Georgetown has to return to the Verizon Center after the Regular Season, it means it had a bad year(hosting NIT games).
11-15-2013 03:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.