Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jameis Winston Sexual Assault Claim
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
Jameis Winston Sexual Assault Claim
http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/13/jameis-win...ault/print

Quote:Law enforcement and other sources tell TMZ .... a woman filed a sexual assault complaint with the Tallahassee PD on December 7, 2012.

There's a problem here, though. On December 7, 2012 Florida State was in Charlotte playing Georgia Tech in the ACC Championship. Winston was a redshirt last year, did he not travel with the team? How long did she wait to file the claim?

It's strange that it took nearly a year to come out, now that he's a championship and Heisman contender.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 06:30 PM by OrangeCrush22.)
11-13-2013 06:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie4Skins Online
All American

I Root For: Ed O'Bannon
RE: Jameis Winston Sexual Assault Claim
The ACC title game was on 12/1/12.
11-13-2013 06:24 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(11-13-2013 06:24 PM)Hokie4Skins Wrote:  The ACC title game was on 12/1/12.

You're right, never mind about that. I used the date for this year's game. 04-cheers
11-13-2013 06:28 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
Strange now coming out.

if true, off the team, but let's make sure it is true before ruining a man's career.
11-13-2013 06:38 PM
westmc9th Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACC/UNC/PITT
The report says he was 5 9 to 5"11.......Jameis is 6'4. I agree interesting how it just came out though.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 06:46 PM by westmc9th.)
11-13-2013 06:46 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
Highly suspicious
11-13-2013 06:47 PM
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
Why's it just coming out? If true it's a shame because he seems like a good guy, and no one should have to be the victim of sexual assault. If it's not true then it's BS how people can claim assault or rape and pretty much trash someones name and reputation like that...either way one side of this situation is extremely crappy to the other.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 07:00 PM by ncbeta.)
11-13-2013 06:52 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
I don't think the timing is that strange. TMZ probably did a random search of names in the headlines and this showed up.

I have to think FSU knew about this and would not risk allowing him to remain on the team if there was any truth to the matter.
11-13-2013 06:57 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(11-13-2013 06:57 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  I don't think the timing is that strange. TMZ probably did a random search of names in the headlines and this showed up.

I have to think FSU knew about this and would not risk allowing him to remain on the team if there was any truth to the matter.

Yeah, because a school would never play a FB player who sexually assulted a woman. 07-coffee3
11-13-2013 08:49 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
(11-13-2013 08:49 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(11-13-2013 06:57 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  I don't think the timing is that strange. TMZ probably did a random search of names in the headlines and this showed up.

Yeah, because a school would never play a FB player who sexually assulted a woman. 07-coffee3

too many schools to name on that list.......
11-13-2013 09:11 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
It can take around a year for forensic evidence to become available. It's possible this whole thing is happening because the State finally has evidence.
11-13-2013 09:45 PM
Advertisement

NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
The incident was reported December of last year, so this isn't a case of someone NOW coming forward. The victim seems to have gone to police right away. The shady side is why did the police not forward this to the states attorney until now?
11-13-2013 10:32 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-13-2013 10:32 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  The incident was reported December of last year, so this isn't a case of someone NOW coming forward. The victim seems to have gone to police right away. The shady side is why did the police not forward this to the states attorney until now?

The reason I just posted is one possible reason.

It's interesting this is going to the State Attorney's office at all.
11-13-2013 10:39 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
Winston's attorney was told in February the case was closed. Nothing further ensued until within the last week.

Winston was never interviewed or questioned by police, per his attorney.

He was never arrested.

Per his attorney there are two affidavits with "vital information" from witnesses who were present that he has handed over to the State.

Police report lists the suspect between 5'9"-5'11" with straight hair.

-------------------------------

Yet a couple legal savants on here are calling it "shady" and "interesting".
11-14-2013 12:34 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2013 12:34 AM)Marge Schott Wrote:  Winston's attorney was told in February the case was closed. Nothing further ensued until within the last week.

Winston was never interviewed or questioned by police, per his attorney.

He was never arrested.

Per his attorney there are two affidavits with "vital information" from witnesses who were present that he has handed over to the State.

Police report lists the suspect between 5'9"-5'11" with straight hair.

-------------------------------

Yet a couple legal savants on here are calling it "shady" and "interesting".

It's not closed unless its closed. Besides, something can be nolle prossed with leave to reinstate.

An interview may not have been needed.

A lot of jurisdictions won't arrest a kid if they know the alleged victim. I'm not sure about in Florida but here even just the felony arrest stays on your record so a lot of places only arrest a kid if they deem it necessary.

I'm sure there are witnesses.

The IO report isn't conclusive

The thing is, I've heard some rather interesting stories about Winston from people around his old baseball crowd. You never really know anybody like this. Still, the kid gets the benefit of the doubt that this is untrue. I don't, however, see the timing as strange in the least; there are a myriad of legitimate reasons as to why now.
11-14-2013 01:17 AM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I'll stick with "This story is yet to make any objective, non-speculative sense, that it was leaked by somebody now, instead of months ago, for reasons unknown, and that none of us know if Winston's even a suspect, seeing as he's not listed in the initial report, has never been charged and the case was presumed closed 9 months ago."
11-14-2013 04:02 PM
Advertisement

USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
The minute this state's attorney brings charges, Winston will be immediately suspended. Makes me want to keep an eye on this attorney's recent bank deposits. This attorney has absolute power over FSU now. He might want to consider moving out of town though if he pulls this after a year. He will probably wait to file charges until the eve of the NCG.05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 02:07 PM by USAFMEDIC.)
11-16-2013 02:01 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(11-14-2013 04:02 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  I'll stick with "This story is yet to make any objective, non-speculative sense, that it was leaked by somebody now, instead of months ago, for reasons unknown, and that none of us know if Winston's even a suspect, seeing as he's not listed in the initial report, has never been charged and the case was presumed closed 9 months ago."

What's weird to me is Winston's attorney saying there are two witnesses who will corroborate Winston's story, when Winston has refused to give his "story" to the police ...
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 09:47 PM by quo vadis.)
11-16-2013 09:46 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

(11-16-2013 09:46 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(11-14-2013 04:02 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  I'll stick with "This story is yet to make any objective, non-speculative sense, that it was leaked by somebody now, instead of months ago, for reasons unknown, and that none of us know if Winston's even a suspect, seeing as he's not listed in the initial report, has never been charged and the case was presumed closed 9 months ago."

What's weird to me is Winston's attorney saying there are two witnesses who will corroborate Winston's story, when Winston has refused to give his "story" to the police ...

What's weird about that? Any halfway-decent lawyer would tell their client not to talk to the police if the police don't have any evidence to charge you in a case of this potential magnitude. No need to say one thing and have the police interpret it a different way.
11-17-2013 05:47 AM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC
Conspiracy theory #1: Urban Meyer is behind the resurrection of this story to knock FSU out of the title game so OSU can get in.
11-17-2013 09:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.