Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UL, Cinci and Houston Fans - Bowl Game
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
UL, Cinci and Houston Fans - Bowl Game
Which bowl games do you guys want taking the BCS out of the question (hypothetical as there are plenty of games left to play).

Belk or Russell Athletic? Im thinking UL would show up well to both, Houston which one would fans travel to in greater numbers? If it were up to me, i'd want UCF in the Russell Athletic, its obviously an easy trip for UCF and I think we'd send 60K to our old home @ the citrus dump.

What about Cinci?

All of the rest are too far down to get serious consideration at these bowl games imo.
11-10-2013 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: UL, Cinci and Houston Fans - Bowl Game
Honestly, since its the last year we have the Belk or Russell Athletic Bowl, Im hoping we can get one of those two. There will be plenty of chances for bowls we retain like the BBVA and Beefy. I have a feeling the Big-12 may not have a bowl team for the Pinstripe--so I'd rather we didn't end up there. One other interesting option, the Liberty bowl. Check out this statement Banowsky made yesterday---

"I'm assuming we play in the Liberty Bowl, but if we don't that's OK, too," he said. "If for some reason it makes sense for us to do something else or for them to do something else, that's OK, too."

http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/201311090081?page=2
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 05:46 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-10-2013 05:45 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
---Russell #1
---Belk #2

---Everything else (where we no doubt will be) #12783
11-10-2013 05:51 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
If no BCS Bowl then the Russell Athletic would due...nice recruiting trip got the staff...04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 05:55 PM by Maize.)
11-10-2013 05:55 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

Louisville will get their pick of where they want to go. Nothing really matters on that, assuming that they don't end up in the BCS slot. They can lose all their final games and they will get the bid to the Russell Athletics bowl.

The hard thing is that UC was in the Belk last year and the Belk people were not enthused. We turned out well. It was a good game. But the Belk board are serious D-bags. I am GLAD the AAC doesn't have to deal them going forward. But I digress.... I'd be willing to place money on the fact that the Belk would take Rutgers or Houston over UC (they've done it before), especially if the Belk is a Duke rematch.

That leaves UC back in their traditional posture of being screwed over. Doesn't matter if we win out and finish 10-2. Doesn't matter what we do, really. UC...in the best circumstance...is headed for the Pinstripe, but more likely Birmingham.

But we're used to it.
11-10-2013 06:03 PM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
Like it or not you could end up seeing a trade witb Belk and The Liberty if ECU wins CUSA. That's a pretty even trade that really and it would be a better travel destination for Cincinnati Louisville and even Houston than Charlotte
11-10-2013 06:17 PM
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-10-2013 06:03 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Louisville will get their pick of where they want to go. Nothing really matters on that, assuming that they don't end up in the BCS slot. They can lose all their final games and they will get the bid to the Russell Athletics bowl.

Why do you say that? Louisville doesn't pick their bowl. The bowls pick.

Are you saying that the Russell will pick a third or fourth place Louisville because they travel better than anyone else?
11-10-2013 06:33 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(11-10-2013 06:03 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Louisville will get their pick of where they want to go. Nothing really matters on that, assuming that they don't end up in the BCS slot. They can lose all their final games and they will get the bid to the Russell Athletics bowl.

The hard thing is that UC was in the Belk last year and the Belk people were not enthused. We turned out well. It was a good game. But the Belk board are serious D-bags. I am GLAD the AAC doesn't have to deal them going forward. But I digress.... I'd be willing to place money on the fact that the Belk would take Rutgers or Houston over UC (they've done it before), especially if the Belk is a Duke rematch.

That leaves UC back in their traditional posture of being screwed over. Doesn't matter if we win out and finish 10-2. Doesn't matter what we do, really. UC...in the best circumstance...is headed for the Pinstripe, but more likely Birmingham.

But we're used to it.

lol...No worries. That position will be taken over by Houston, SMU, and Tulsa next year.
11-10-2013 06:34 PM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(11-10-2013 06:33 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  

Are you saying that the Russell will pick a third or fourth place Louisville because they travel better than anyone else?

I think they would.
11-10-2013 06:35 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
As a UC fan I would love the Russell for one last quality bowl before the nuclear winter of the next set of bowl agreements.
11-10-2013 06:48 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

Yup...Fan Travel and remember the ACC is the other opponent in that game...it could be billed as "Louisville" First ACC Game...
11-10-2013 07:05 PM
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

Yes. That and the perception that Louisville is a "sexy" TV bill.
11-10-2013 07:24 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-10-2013 07:24 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

With the probable #1 Overall Pick in the NFL Draft....07-coffee3
11-10-2013 07:29 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-10-2013 07:29 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 07:24 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

With the probable #1 Overall Pick in the NFL Draft....07-coffee3

I'm not arguing.
11-10-2013 07:29 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I know...but whomever is #2 in the league will receive #2 $$$...now if there is a tie for 1st it is split equally...if UCF slips up and a Louisville/Houston is tied with them...even if UCF goes to the BCS Bowl they will receive the same Bowl Revenue as the winner of the AQ Slot.

So if UofL goes to the Russell Athletic Bowl as the #3 or 4 AAC School...the schools ahead would get a larger share of the Bowl Revenue Pool.
11-10-2013 07:34 PM
L1C4 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UofL
The Russell Athletic Bowl is the same day as the UofL/UK Basketball game. Could be interesting
11-10-2013 07:37 PM
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

Since Louisville is locked into the Russell, it's only fair Houston gets the W at Papa Johns. Right, Cards?
11-10-2013 07:38 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "

But we're used to it.

Bearcat Jerry

I think the Pinstripe in NYC against Notre Dame would be excellent.
11-10-2013 07:53 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-10-2013 07:37 PM)L1C4 Wrote:  The Russell Athletic Bowl is the same day as the UofL/UK Basketball game. Could be interesting

I still feel we would get a good crowd down there...it would be Teddy last game as a Cardinal...plus the UofL-UK Game is in Lexington not Louisville and they would not be on at the same time....the Basketball Game is at 4pm...the kickoff for that Bowl is at 6:30pm...
11-10-2013 08:06 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
I'd call it premature to say Russell chooses an 8-4 UofL on a 3 game losing streak, but I expect the Cards to land there with 90%+ likelihood unless UCF falls apart.
11-10-2013 08:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.