Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun belt conference picked the right team.
Bookmark and Share
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
For their western nc team; While Appstate was holding Georgia for over half a game UNCC lost to their second d2 team this season, CUSA definitely made the wrong choice between us and UNCC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-09-2013 06:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUApollo Online

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
RE: Sun belt conference picked the right team.
(11-09-2013 06:09 PM)Check Yosef Wrote:  For their western nc team; While Appstate was holding Georgia for over half a game UNCC lost to their second d2 team this season, CUSA definitely made the wrong choice between us and UNCC

In all fairness, Charlotte is a start from scratch program still two years away from joining C-USA as a FBS team. There's no way to tell how good they're going to be. Just as there's no way of knowing how well AppSt will be next year as a FBS SBC team when they've lost 7 games to FCS teams this year.

Charlotte could easily turn be a surprise program and start raising eyebrows as USA has in just their second year in the SBC as a FBS team.
11-09-2013 06:25 PM
Redwolves06 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Um isn't this their first year for football? And obviously it's not only about football for cusa
11-09-2013 06:26 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(11-09-2013 06:25 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 06:09 PM)Check Yosef Wrote:  For their western nc team; While Appstate was holding Georgia for over half a game UNCC lost to their second d2 team this season, CUSA definitely made the wrong choice between us and UNCC

In all fairness, Charlotte is a start from scratch program still two years away from joining C-USA as a FBS team. There's no way to tell how good they're going to be. Just as there's no way of knowing how well AppSt will be next year as a FBS SBC team when they've lost 7 games to FCS teams this year.

Charlotte could easily turn be a surprise program and start raising eyebrows as USA has in just their second year in the SBC as a FBS team.

As far as I'm concerned this years record for app doesn't count with half the team redshirted and losing to FCS teams because we still don't have those scholarships as far as I am concerned, if and when we face the 9ers they will lose. We might be bad this year but I highly doubt we would lose to d2 teams that's sad, I will give it to them that they just started but that's the point, tradition, excellence, and an already large, stable fan base instead they chose a new, lowsy, and the possibility of a very large fan base team , keyword possibility

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 06:30 PM by Check Yosef.)
11-09-2013 06:29 PM
WKUApollo Online

One other point.....I won't speak for the rest of the SBC but I find the original post very demeaning to the SBC.

Original Post Translation: "Hey, that better conference picked the wrong team and I'm mad about it because we got picked by the lesser conference."

At least, that's the way I interpreted the original post.
11-09-2013 06:36 PM
bokobobcat1919 Offline
Sun Belt

I Root For: Texas State
app will be fine. Has anyone else looked at their 2014 recruiting class? one of the best in the belt.
11-09-2013 06:37 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU

Did you wake up today with the thought of I am going to piss off as many people as I can today? You guys have been playing football for years and will be on same level playing field in 2015, UNCC has played one season yet you both will be in the same boat, New to FBS...You are both equal day 1 in 2015..That is of course unless APP st. runs the table and are playing in the Orange Bowl next season...But my money goes on UNCC in 5 years with equal program to yours...

Sour grapes or you just want to do this all day....05-stirthepot05-stirthepot05-stirthepot I think App. St. fans are trying to surpass the Georgia Southern trash talk in the summer...It was nice once football games started not hearing from both fan bases this season and losing every game certainly quieted all the trash talk too coming from both sides as well....FBS will not be as easy for App St. and Georgia Southern..I will go out on a limb and say you guys will have a much harder time than UTSA a start up, USA and Texas St...
11-09-2013 06:44 PM
bokobobcat1919 Offline
Sun Belt

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that WKU is leaving right before the party starts.
11-09-2013 06:49 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(11-09-2013 06:49 PM)bokobobcat1919 Wrote:  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that WKU is leaving right before the party starts.

That depends on what type of party you want to go to
11-09-2013 06:53 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

Apparently I'm not here to piss off conference, just WKU and honestly I'm glad we didn't get picked up by CUSA, I'm saying chose because at that point they were considered better conference then SBC and they got first pick, I think we lucked out in joining SBC

11-09-2013 07:01 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama

Get over yourselves, please.
11-09-2013 07:02 PM
Advertisement

Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
(11-09-2013 06:53 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 06:49 PM)bokobobcat1919 Wrote:  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that WKU is leaving right before the party starts.

That depends on what type of party you want to go to

pretty much this. cusa is still ahead in basketball.

sun belt will continue to move forward in football. hopefully for us, USA and Cajuns will get out of our "funk" and GSU will add some spark.
11-09-2013 07:03 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(11-09-2013 06:44 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

Did you wake up today with the thought of I am going to piss off as many people as I can today? You guys have been playing football for years and will be on same level playing field in 2015, UNCC has played one season yet you both will be in the same boat, New to FBS...You are both equal day 1 in 2015..That is of course unless APP st. runs the table and are playing in the Orange Bowl next season...But my money goes on UNCC in 5 years with equal program to yours...

Sour grapes or you just want to do this all day....05-stirthepot05-stirthepot05-stirthepot I think App. St. fans are trying to surpass the Georgia Southern trash talk in the summer...It was nice once football games started not hearing from both fan bases this season and losing every game certainly quieted all the trash talk too coming from both sides as well....FBS will not be as easy for App St. and Georgia Southern..I will go out on a limb and say you guys will have a much harder time than UTSA a start up, USA and Texas St...

You had some valid points until your last statement, I'm not saying we will do amazing but we do come into FBS with one of the best foundations I've seen

11-09-2013 07:03 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

And how was my trash talk wrong? We've not lost but one or two games where the opponent had no chance at FCS postseason and most were down to the wire, UNCC is losing by multiple possessions to d2 teams it's a comparison not smack and the comparison is due to their proximity and same time move up

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 07:08 PM by Check Yosef.)
11-09-2013 07:07 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(11-09-2013 07:02 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  

Get over yourselves, please.

I'm not saying were amazing, just better then UNCC and if I can't make that statement without being considered arrogant then you all believe any time someone has pride in their team is arrogant

11-09-2013 07:13 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

Funny how I mention we were a better western nc team then UNCC and somehow it gets turned into me saying we are going to win a national championship in first year by others

11-09-2013 07:15 PM
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(11-09-2013 07:01 PM)Check Yosef Wrote:  Apparently I'm not here to piss off conference, just WKU and honestly I'm glad we didn't get picked up by CUSA, I'm saying chose because at that point they were considered better conference then SBC and they got first pick, I think we lucked out in joining SBC

What the Hell has WKU done to Ap State? Are you mad that you won't be in the same conference as WKU? Your acting like a baby and a idiot! It's easy for you to talk crap towards WKU when you don't have to play us and back your crap talk up. WKU has been a proud member of the Sun Belt for a long time and we have earned the respect of our conference piers.....I'd advise Ap State do the same before you continue to get put in your place. Ill make sure to chime in next season as you get your Azz smeared in most all sports including your prize sport football.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 07:17 PM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
11-09-2013 07:15 PM
bokobobcat1919 Offline
Sun Belt

Texas State was a 4-7 FCS team 3 short years ago. a 6-6 FCS team the year before our jump. A couple of great recruiting classes later and we are a 6-3 FBS team talking bowl chances. APP brings even more name recognition than we did and it is showing in their recruiting. They are going to be just fine. They were a great add and we were lucky to get them.
11-09-2013 07:20 PM
WKUApollo Online

(11-09-2013 07:20 PM)bokobobcat1919 Wrote:  Texas State was a 4-7 FCS team 3 short years ago. a 6-6 FCS team the year before our jump. A couple of great recruiting classes later and we are a 6-3 FBS team talking bowl chances. APP brings even more name recognition than we did and it is showing in their recruiting. They are going to be just fine. They were a great add and we were lucky to get them.

No one's arguing AppSt's pedigree or potential. This whole thread was about a guy who decided to speak without realizing how his words would be interpreted.
11-09-2013 07:23 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(11-09-2013 07:15 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 07:01 PM)Check Yosef Wrote:  Apparently I'm not here to piss off conference, just WKU and honestly I'm glad we didn't get picked up by CUSA, I'm saying chose because at that point they were considered better conference then SBC and they got first pick, I think we lucked out in joining SBC

What the Hell has WKU done to Ap State? Are you mad that you won't be in the same conference as WKU? Your acting like a baby and a idiot! It's easy for you to talk crap towards WKU when you don't have to play us and back your crap talk up. WKU has been a proud member of the Sun Belt for a long time and we have earned the respect of our conference piers.....I'd advise Ap State do the same before you continue to get put in your place. Ill make sure to chime in next season as you get your Azz smeared in most all sports including your prize sport football.

I said that because WKU fans seem to be the first and sometimes only to rage at me today.

11-09-2013 07:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.