Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

University of Arkansas at it again
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
University of Arkansas at it again
You know...sometimes we like to compare Alabama to an NFL team...but I don't think I have ever seen a school actually try to rip off the NFL logo before

[Image: BYaCrwiCEAAqKye.jpg:large]
11-06-2013 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
RE: University of Arkansas at it again
(11-06-2013 04:42 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  You know...sometimes we like to compare Alabama to an NFL team...but I don't think I have ever seen a school actually try to rip off the NFL logo before

Wow!! Perhaps they should try winning a conference title first.....something their in-state brethern have done!!
11-06-2013 04:51 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-06-2013 04:51 PM)InjunJohn Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 04:42 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  You know...sometimes we like to compare Alabama to an NFL team...but I don't think I have ever seen a school actually try to rip off the NFL logo before

Wow!! Perhaps they should try winning a conference title first.....something their in-state brethern have done!!

Arkansas hasn't won a conference title since the 1980's...why start now?
11-06-2013 04:52 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Are they taking branding advice from ULL??? 05-stirthepot
11-06-2013 04:54 PM
Atlanta Trojan Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
University of Georgia does just fine with a NFL team in State. So what sense does this make?
11-06-2013 04:58 PM
Buzz Lightyear Lite Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TROY
(11-06-2013 04:52 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 04:51 PM)InjunJohn Wrote:  

Arkansas hasn't won a conference title since the 1980's...why start now?

come on guys......they have to do something since they are not Alabama who is winning under coach Satan......oops may have spelled that one wrong.....thier poster could have been of Petrino on a Harley with a blonde babe behind him with a logo that said something like this...."Arkansas with no NFL team we do have a former NFL coach.....so just like Lucky Linda there on the back of the Harley...you too can follow the Razorbacks all the way to the top...or bottom...."...but alas can't do that anymore so ripping the NFL logo off is the best the oinkies can do...
11-06-2013 04:59 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

You know, I know its a pot shot at all the other in state teams, which is Arkansas usual MO, but the idea that they seriously think they can compare themselves to an NFL team is funny. They are having attendance issues themselves, fans are not interested in watching a 3 win team, so the logical conclusion was to make everyone think they are an NFL team?
11-06-2013 05:04 PM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
I'm sure the NFL won't be too happy about Arkansas ripping off their logo
11-06-2013 05:07 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(11-06-2013 04:54 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Are they taking branding advice from ULL??? 05-stirthepot

Sounds more like they are taking a cue from South Al, actually thinking they are better then how they performed on the football field.
07-coffee3
11-06-2013 05:22 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
It was a ghost town after half time at the Auburn game. Hope Ole Miss hangs 52 on them.
11-06-2013 05:36 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
I was going to say something tacky but then I remembered they whipped our butts back at the end of August....522 yards of total offense in a very balanced attack.

Oh, and then there was this ditty in the story:

Terrance Broadway was 15-of-28 passing for 171 yards and a touchdown for Louisiana-Lafayette, which fell to 0-37 against Southeastern Conference opponents.

That's a monkey we've got to get off our backs.

Wish we played them again this year.
11-06-2013 05:46 PM
Advertisement

Louisianafanrcajun90 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
(11-06-2013 04:54 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Are they taking branding advice from ULL??? 05-stirthepot

Speaking of branding, you guys might want to re-brand USA to something else like South Alabama etc... When you google USA football this is what you get.
https://www.google.com/#q=USA+Football
11-06-2013 07:44 PM
1st String

They sound a little insecure. Take it as a compliment.
11-06-2013 07:45 PM
1st String

On New Orleans TV they are complaining that LSU got the hardest schedule in the SEC while Alabama got the easiest. I guess Furman is some powerhouse I never heard of.
11-06-2013 07:52 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-06-2013 07:52 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  

On New Orleans TV they are complaining that LSU got the hardest schedule in the SEC while Alabama got the easiest. I guess Furman is some powerhouse I never heard of.

Bama did get an easy schedule. They got to play Kentucky and Tennessee as their east teams, and outside of A&M, have yet to play any decent SEC teams. They'll play LSU and then @ Auburn at the end of the season before the title game.

That being said, LSU's schedule was not as hard as some others I have seen.
11-06-2013 08:02 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(11-06-2013 08:02 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Bama did get an easy schedule. They got to play Kentucky and Tennessee as their east teams, and outside of A&M, have yet to play any decent SEC teams. They'll play LSU and then @ Auburn at the end of the season before the title game.

Is it just me, or is it bad form to complain about the other's team weak schedule just a few days before you play them on their home field...and after they beat you on yours last year?
11-06-2013 08:34 PM
Advertisement

1st String

They are doing an investigative report like it was a conspiracy.01-wingedeagle
11-06-2013 08:41 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-06-2013 08:41 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  

They are doing an investigative report like it was a conspiracy.01-wingedeagle

That's nothing, I just listened to a radio show down here in which a razorback fan thinks the reason the players are losing is because they are listening to radio broadcasts of other football games on their IPOD's during the game.

The sad thing is the hosts didn't immediately hang up on him.
11-06-2013 08:51 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(11-06-2013 05:22 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

Sounds more like they are taking a cue from South Al, actually thinking they are better then how they performed on the football field.
07-coffee3

Never claimed to have won anything or to be better then what we have earned up to this point in time.

(11-06-2013 07:44 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  

Speaking of branding, you guys might want to re-brand USA to something else like South Alabama etc... When you google USA football this is what you get.

The difference is that I don't demand you call us USA or get all butt hurt about it. We accept USA, South, South Alabama, SOAL, S Alabama. I really don't care what you call us, mostly because I couldn't care less what a ULL fan has to say. 05-stirthepot03-nutkick
11-06-2013 09:22 PM
1st String

(11-06-2013 09:22 PM)Usajags Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 05:22 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

07-coffee3

Never claimed to have won anything or to be better then what we have earned up to this point in time.

(11-06-2013 07:44 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  

The difference is that I don't demand you call us USA or get all butt hurt about it. We accept USA, South, South Alabama, SOAL, S Alabama. I really don't care what you call us, mostly because I couldn't care less what a ULL fan has to say. 05-stirthepot03-nutkick

I prefer if your cupcake program just calls us "Daddy"!04-chairshot03-nutkick
11-06-2013 09:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.