Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Would You Rather?
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Would You Rather?
Excluding teams with doomed seasons...
Have NIU win out and for sure win their BCS game if it was set in stone... vs. have your team play it out and maybe knock them off and get to the MACC. If NIU wins it all the MAC gets exposure, money, and a reputation.

I'm pulling for Toledo still, because I don't think they are infallible but eh? It's a tough position to be in.
11-05-2013 01:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ubish Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
RE: Would You Rather?
I'd rather my team beats them. Even if it may only be the 2nd win of the year.
11-05-2013 05:20 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Better question would be, is there anyone who wouldn't rather have their team beat whomever, including NIU? I wouldn't think so.
11-05-2013 07:03 AM
Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
(11-05-2013 01:19 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Excluding teams with doomed seasons...
Have NIU win out and for sure win their BCS game if it was set in stone... vs. have your team play it out and maybe knock them off and get to the MACC. If NIU wins it all the MAC gets exposure, money, and a reputation.
<snip>

Even for "teams with doomed seasons"...everyone has to play to win. Theoretically, even if your team decides not to "play it out and maybe knock them off" so NIU can get the the MACC and NIU can get to the BCS, NIU might lose the MACC, or lose to WMU before that. Then that game you dogged it in is just wasted.

NASCAR just had a situation where a 3-car team told 2 of its drivers to fall back so the 3rd of its drivers would make it into the 'Chase for the Championship'. Everyone thought that really stunk, especially the driver that missed the 'Chase for the Championship' because of it. As a result, NASCAR made an explicit rule - all drivers need to try to win.
11-05-2013 07:52 AM
The Optimist Offline
1st String

I Root For: Nicheless MAC
I want to win. Unlike some MAC institutions, I don't think the school I support relies on others success to keep the charade going.
11-05-2013 08:11 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-05-2013 08:11 AM)The Optimist Wrote:  I want to win. Unlike some MAC institutions, I don't think the school I support relies on others success to keep the charade going.

In FB, a weak Division and OOC schedule are usually enough.
11-05-2013 08:23 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
If you're a player you should always believe you're the best player on the field. If you are part of a team you believe your team should never lose. If you're a fan (from "fanatic") you should be fanatical in your desire to have your team win. Exposure and money help NIU maintain there high level of play. It doesn't help Buffalo or Toledo or CMU gain ground on them because they get the same level of exposure and money everyone else gets.
11-05-2013 08:35 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(11-05-2013 08:23 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 08:11 AM)The Optimist Wrote:  I want to win. Unlike some MAC institutions, I don't think the school I support relies on others success to keep the charade going.

In FB, a weak Division and OOC schedule are usually enough.

03-lmfao
11-05-2013 08:36 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

But emu and WMU fans would be more likely to take the money and say screw it, let NIU make some noise.
11-05-2013 09:24 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
I love the MAC in general, but I'll always root for WMU to win in each game they play. Regardless of circumstances.
11-05-2013 09:29 AM
The Optimist Offline
1st String

(11-05-2013 09:24 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  But emu and WMU fans would be more likely to take the money and say screw it, let NIU make some noise.

I don't think EMU fans do this, but the institution has certainly been doing this for quite some time. To be fair to their administration, I really don't see what other choice they have as long as they "compete" at this level.
11-05-2013 09:47 AM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(11-05-2013 01:19 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Excluding teams with doomed seasons...

I'm pulling for Toledo still, because I don't think they are infallible but eh? It's a tough position to be in.

Id rather UB beat them in the MACC but if I can't have that then I'd rather NIU get to the BCS again..
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 09:54 AM by Bull_In_Exile.)
11-05-2013 09:48 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog

Cheese and Crackers man! Can we have one thread where you're not taking pot shots at other MAC schools?
11-05-2013 09:49 AM
pennies4everybody Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ball U

Umm... really? I'm not going to be for NIU against BSU next week. Even if BSU was 0-9 at this point, I'd still be pulling for the Cards.
11-05-2013 10:03 AM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
(11-05-2013 10:03 AM)pennies4everybody Wrote:  

Umm... really? I'm not going to be for NIU against BSU next week. Even if BSU was 0-9 at this point, I'd still be pulling for the Cards.

I agree with this viewpoint. you gotta root for your own team; it's a no-brainer to me.
11-05-2013 10:07 AM
The Optimist Offline
1st String

(11-05-2013 09:49 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

Cheese and Crackers man! Can we have one thread where you're not taking pot shots at other MAC schools?

I gave an honest response to the question asked. I realize not everyone agrees with me... That is fine. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean I am "talking shots."
Just calling it like I see it. I want what is best for the conference.
11-05-2013 10:13 AM
Advertisement

NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
The ideal situation is NIU winning, and not giving EMU its share of the bowl booty until they have officially exited the conference. God bless Eastern Michigan, but their time was up a few seasons ago.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 10:19 AM by NIUfilmmaker.)
11-05-2013 10:18 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(11-05-2013 10:13 AM)The Optimist Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 09:49 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

I gave an honest response to the question asked. I realize not everyone agrees with me... That is fine. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean I am "talking shots."
Just calling it like I see it. I want what is best for the conference.

Well, it would be great if you could have more than one or two ideas and develop some understanding that not every thread is about the two things you want to inject into every thread. I realize that may be impossible for you, but people can change.

Do you have anything to add to the discussions besides "Ohio is great; EMU should leave the MAC."? What do you think your post percentage is that doesn't involve one of those singular thoughts?
11-05-2013 10:44 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(11-05-2013 10:44 AM)axeme Wrote:  Well, it would be great if you could have more than one or two ideas and develop some understanding that not every thread is about the two things you want to inject into every thread. I realize that may be impossible for you, but people can change.

Do you have anything to add to the discussions besides "Ohio is great; EMU should leave the MAC."? What do you think your post percentage is that doesn't involve one of those singular thoughts?

Epic Applause
11-05-2013 10:55 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-05-2013 10:03 AM)pennies4everybody Wrote:  

If my coach was on the way out, and my team at 0-11 was the only thing standing in the way between a 400k payout for my school. I'd rather lose and take the cash
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 12:44 PM by UofToledoFans.)
11-05-2013 12:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.