UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

3 Days until Basketball season, thank god
BhamSnap Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
3 Days until Basketball season, thank god
We now we have something positive to look forward to.

So is everybody going to the exhibition game.
10-31-2013 06:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
RE: 3 Days until Basketball season, thank god
I'm positively looking forward to the football game on Saturday...BBall season as well
10-31-2013 07:38 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
We may have one of our larger exhibition crowds. A lot of buzz.
10-31-2013 08:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Until we lose a couple of games that everyone thinks we should have won, and the usual suspects turn on Haase.
10-31-2013 08:49 PM
JeffUAB Offline
Special Teams

Wouldn't miss it. This year we should actually have some bench players to put in if we get up by 30 or 40. :D
10-31-2013 09:05 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
Have to work that day. More than likely, I'll miss the 1st half, but I'm heading that way for the 2nd half. Still haven't gotten my season tickets, had to call the office yesterday to find out what's what.
11-01-2013 08:36 AM
Advertisement

DragonClaw Offline
1st String

I definitely will be there. More than ready for the season. Booyah!!!

02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana
11-01-2013 09:30 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
(10-31-2013 08:49 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Until we lose a couple of games that everyone thinks we should have won, and the usual suspects turn on Haase.

I suspect you are correct.
11-01-2013 11:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
USAFBlazerFan Offline
Bleeding Green & Gold since '93

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!
(11-01-2013 11:14 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  
(10-31-2013 08:49 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Until we lose a couple of games that everyone thinks we should have won, and the usual suspects turn on Haase.

I suspect you are correct.

You suspect the suspects? You are quite the suspecter.
11-01-2013 11:35 AM
KevMo4UAB Online
#FreeUAB

I'll be there.
11-01-2013 11:42 AM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Our basketball teams are the ones that we have the quality infrastructure to support at the highest level. They are the teams who give us the most realistic hope of conference and NCAA success. Good coaches, good players, good facilities, good prospects. GO BLAZERS!!!!!!!
11-01-2013 11:44 AM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up

I really think you are blowing the criticism of the football team out of proportion. I, along with several others, have been critical of McGee at one point or another this season. I have never called for his head, and I don't really think I've seen anybody else do so either. The thing with Haase is his has brought in the talent to field a very competitive team, especially in our conference. I would be shocked, based on talent alone, if he had another losing season this year. I think the conference will be fairly balanced this year, but unless we had fewer than 8 conference wins, I would not even begin to question the job Haase is doing.
11-01-2013 12:01 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
(11-01-2013 12:01 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

I really think you are blowing the criticism of the football team out of proportion. I, along with several others, have been critical of McGee at one point or another this season. I have never called for his head, and I don't really think I've seen anybody else do so either. The thing with Haase is his has brought in the talent to field a very competitive team, especially in our conference. I would be shocked, based on talent alone, if he had another losing season this year. I think the conference will be fairly balanced this year, but unless we had fewer than 8 conference wins, I would not even begin to question the job Haase is doing.

Yeah, his pompous, arrogant, repetitive, holier than thou comments are getting really old.

MB, you wouldn't be mad as hell if Haase had another losing season?

McGee deserves the heat right now. We will see if he responds.

If our bball team doesn't show significant improvement this year, Haase will start feeling some pressure, and deservedly so.
11-01-2013 12:27 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

But based on our talent, depth, and the way we finished the year relatively strong last year, I really, really doubt that our team won't show significant improvement.
11-01-2013 12:28 PM
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
That's part of the difference between the two sports. I feel like the basketball team now has talent and depth. I feel like the football team has neither. I am giving McGee a pass for a little while longer(I will still question dumb coaching decisions, but the personnel is what it is) because he inherited a much bigger mess. With our schedule, Haase should have no problem getting to 20 wins, and at least 8-8 in conference play.
11-01-2013 12:37 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

Talent is getting better with haase's recruiting.
Talent has gotten worse with mcgees recruiting besides staples, Ganus(callaway recruit), howard. Callaway was recruiting better or at least we were a little bit more competitive in most of our losses.03-lmfao
11-01-2013 01:03 PM
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
No McGee recruited QB has been on the field yet and I lose track of other positions because of the red shirt rule. Right now there is only one class of 100% McGee recruits and we are looking toward the second in Feb.2014. I don't really know the exact percentage of Callaway players who are doing most of the playing this season.

Due to transfers and such, Haase seems to have a greater share of his own chosen players in his program than McGee has right now.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 01:46 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
11-01-2013 01:45 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I guess I am the guilty party here, but lets get back to basketball season talk :)

Haase should have no problem leading this team to a big improvement in the win column from last year, but if he doesn't, it's definitely a huge cause for concern - I don't care how long he's been here.
11-01-2013 02:32 PM
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
This is a more difficult schedule than last season's and we have a large amount of new players on the team... I'll hold off judgement until I can see them play several games. But I would suspect improvement simply by having greater depth and a second season of instruction under Haase & staff for all our seniors.
11-01-2013 02:43 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
All coaches, no matter the sport needs at least 3 or 4 years to prove their worth. If Haase fails this year, I will be disappointed but will withhold judgement until he has had a full year with only players he recruited. I won't trash him like MCGee has been prematurely trashed.
11-01-2013 05:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.