Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Students, shame on you!
Bookmark and Share
freehuskie Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Students, shame on you!
Where are the student fans? What more could you ask for, perfect football weather, nationally ranked team.........I don't get it! I graduated way back in 1969, it was that way then and it's that way now. Looks like a high school game for a losing team. What is it going to take?
Oh, and our Fraternal organization sent a busload of 50 people to the game today, I couldn't travel for health reasons. (just in case you're wondering what I am doing being critical of the student fans and I'm not at the game)
10-26-2013 04:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
RE: Students, shame on you!
First two games were great. No idea what happened today
10-26-2013 04:39 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(10-26-2013 04:39 PM)HuskieRak Wrote:  First two games were great. No idea what happened today

+1 They are taking this amazing team for granted. Blow out, unappealing opponent, Halloween weekend.
10-26-2013 04:43 PM
clcfball11 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU!!!
Pathetic.
10-26-2013 04:59 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
How soon before someone posts that the East Side was "almost full?" 03-lmfao
10-26-2013 05:01 PM
Michael the Narwhal Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NIU, Arkansas
+1

No bad weather excuse. The team definitely isn't the problem. I just don't get what it will take for students to care about their own team. They don't even have to pay, like most other D1 schools. Granted it's a pretty big student section to fill. Maybe some of the east stands could be converted to cheap season tickets?

By contrast: Iowa State has lost all but one game of theirs this season, similar weather today, and they still managed to pack the stands and then some (in a stadium twice the size). I don't get it.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 05:02 PM by Michael the Narwhal.)
10-26-2013 05:01 PM
Advertisement

Kulz007 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
Students, shame on you!
It's a lot of history to overcome. It is very difficult to create a football culture. We are making progress, but football culture is a generational thing. It does not happen over night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
10-26-2013 05:05 PM
wjfoulks Offline
Water Engineer

It might help making East side tickets cheaper. When I go to games, I usually sit there because I like the atmosphere better. I bought my tix for the Ball St. game and they were $30 a piece, same price as West side. Making them a little cheaper may give more incentive for other people beside students come to the game and sit on the east side, provided they don't complain about the rest of us standing throughout the game.
10-26-2013 05:07 PM
NIUfilmmaker Online
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
We've had 2 sellouts, the culture at NIU is going in the right direction. We need 6000+ more seats for the bigger games and better OC home games. Won't move overnight. Keep winning...
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 05:37 PM by NIUfilmmaker.)
10-26-2013 05:36 PM
Kulz007 Offline
1st String

(10-26-2013 05:36 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  We've had 2 sellouts, the culture at NIU is going in the right direct. We need 6000 more seats for the bigger games. Won;t move overnight. Keep winning...

+1 it takes time.
10-26-2013 05:37 PM
Who You Crappin'? Offline
1st String

Same problem...M...A...C...
10-26-2013 05:51 PM
Advertisement

NIUSox10 Offline
All American

(10-26-2013 05:51 PM)Who You Crappin? Wrote:  Same problem...M...A...C...

I agree with this too, unless its a Ball State or Toledo.
10-26-2013 05:55 PM
Who You Crappin'? Offline
1st String

(10-26-2013 05:55 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  
(10-26-2013 05:51 PM)Who You Crappin? Wrote:  Same problem...M...A...C...

I agree with this too, unless its a Ball State or Toledo.

Yep. With the exception of a couple games per year, it's a problem.
10-26-2013 05:57 PM
chazb2 Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Still is a suitcase junior college type place.
10-26-2013 06:19 PM
JB04 Offline
1st String

Seriously guys, do you realize how BIG our student section is. That side seats 8-9k, which means one in every two students would have to go. No school, not even Alabama has that ratio. The problem is all perception. To expect students to fill half a stadium is absurd.

The first two games were more full because students brought out of town friends. It is just plain too big of a student section to expect it to fill up versus an Eastern Michigan on a chilly day.
10-26-2013 06:29 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(10-26-2013 06:29 PM)JB04 Wrote:  Seriously guys, do you realize how BIG our student section is. That side seats 8-9k, which means one in every two students would have to go. No school, not even Alabama has that ratio. The problem is all perception. To expect students to fill half a stadium is absurd.

The first two games were more full because students brought out of town friends. It is just plain too big of a student section to expect it to fill up versus an Eastern Michigan on a chilly day.

The problem with what you're saying is that the East Side wasn't even close to being filled today. And, a full East Side isn't half of Huskie Stadium's capacity. The place holds 24,000.
10-26-2013 06:32 PM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

we need to get Nick Saban to dress down the students
10-26-2013 06:42 PM
JB04 Offline
1st String

(10-26-2013 06:32 PM)huskiebob Wrote:  
(10-26-2013 06:29 PM)JB04 Wrote:  Seriously guys, do you realize how BIG our student section is. That side seats 8-9k, which means one in every two students would have to go. No school, not even Alabama has that ratio. The problem is all perception. To expect students to fill half a stadium is absurd.

The problem with what you're saying is that the East Side wasn't even close to being filled today. And, a full East Side isn't half of Huskie Stadium's capacity. The place holds 24,000.

I said it seats about 8-9k. Which would be about 1 out of every 2 students need to attend the game in order to fill that side up. That is way too high of a ratio to expect them to fill up that side of the stadium. Most schools, including BCS schools, don't bring 8-9k students to the game.
10-26-2013 06:42 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(10-26-2013 06:42 PM)JB04 Wrote:  

I said it seats about 8-9k. Which would be about 1 out of every 2 students need to attend the game in order to fill that side up. That is way too high of a ratio to expect them to fill up that side of the stadium. Most schools, including BCS schools, don't bring 8-9k students to the game.

This is not just any football team; this is an Undefeated, Nationally-Ranked team that went to a BCS bowl last year. Student (and General Public) support should be much higher.

With the exception of bad-weather days (which today wasn't), Huskie Stadium should be packed every game.
10-26-2013 06:49 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

(10-26-2013 06:49 PM)huskiebob Wrote:  
(10-26-2013 06:42 PM)JB04 Wrote:  

This is not just any football team; this is an Undefeated, Nationally-Ranked team that went to a BCS bowl last year. Student (and General Public) support should be much higher.

With the exception of bad-weather days (which today wasn't), Huskie Stadium should be packed every game.

Exactly. That's why a picture of the student section after halftime should be put in the NS and write a nice article on why there should be support.
10-26-2013 06:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.