WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lawson Upgrade
Bronco68 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: wmu
Lawson Upgrade
Quote from Pres. Dunn seems to quash any new building, it appeared in the Herald today.

"Dunn also addressed rumors about a new ice arena for the campus. There has been talk of improving Lawson Arena by adding a second ice rink for practice, public and student use, but the project has yet to be finalized, Dunn said. According to Dunn, the funding required for the build is not there."
10-24-2013 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WMU_Flyboy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU
RE: Lawson Upgrade
I'm telling you that there is more than that planned. That is all he might say publicly, but there are plans for a new arena that have been seen by many. Around the hockey team it isn't a secret what the new plans are.
10-24-2013 09:24 PM
Brown and Gold Offline
1st String

I've heard rumors that the university is waiting for the Medical College to be completed before they commit to anything else big like that. Of course, by that time, Dunn could be gone (retirement due to age/health).
10-24-2013 09:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bronco nut Offline
2nd String

I Root For: western michiga
(10-24-2013 09:56 PM)Brown and Gold Wrote:  I've heard rumors that the university is waiting for the Medical College to be completed before they commit to anything else big like that. Of course, by that time, Dunn could be gone (retirement due to age/health).

They need the new rink for seating and concession,it would also help recruiting top players for this new league.
10-25-2013 01:29 PM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

(10-25-2013 01:29 PM)Bronco nut Wrote:  They need WANT the new rink for seating and concession,it would also help recruiting top players for this new league.
10-25-2013 03:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bronco nut Offline
2nd String

I Root For: western michiga
(10-25-2013 03:28 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(10-25-2013 01:29 PM)Bronco nut Wrote:  They need WANT the new rink for seating and concession,it would also help recruiting top players for this new league.

for this program to continue to grow the new rink is NEEDED.
10-25-2013 04:17 PM
KzooColt Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Western Michiga
Was at Gabel Natatorium for a high school swim team event tonight and was talking with an opposing team parent who works for the University and he mentioned in passing the whole "getting the new ice arena" and it is a done deal, and the last I recall hearing anything on was what was mentioned above.
Has anyone heard anything more on the topic , because he seemed pretty sure about a new arena coming?
01-09-2014 08:09 PM
Advertisement

BandBronco13 Offline
Banned

There are all kinds of "plans" and ideas out there. Nothing is close to official. It's all going to have to be privately funded though because the general public in Kalamazoo will vote it down.
01-09-2014 09:10 PM
BroncoFever Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W Michigan
(10-24-2013 09:56 PM)Brown and Gold Wrote:  I've heard rumors that the university is waiting for the Medical College to be completed before they commit to anything else big like that..

I've heard the same. June 2014 is just around the corner
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2014 09:23 AM by BroncoFever.)
01-10-2014 09:22 AM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

(01-09-2014 09:10 PM)BandBronco13 Wrote:  There are all kinds of "plans" and ideas out there. Nothing is close to official. It's all going to have to be privately funded though because the general public in Kalamazoo will vote it down.

The general public in Kzoo will not have it on their ballot.
01-10-2014 01:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.