Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NO WIN SITUATION
Bookmark and Share
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
NO WIN SITUATION
Im telling you guys this right now. Tabby has put you guys in a bind. You are in a NO WIN situation and you know it. There is 0 that we are doing that is illegal. NO ONE in the ULS system wants to touch this. Hell in Tabbys article, Dr Bruno tried to distance himself from this "media made" controversy.
I will tell you this. You have gotten lots and lots accomplished with the help of our folks here in S Louisiana. LOTS!! This will come crashing down on you in a heartbeat. Keep pushing this silly, silly issue.
Focus on making ULM and La Tech the best they can be. Trying to meddle in our business makes you look petty and childish.

You heard it here first

Z
10-24-2013 05:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LouisianaHawkFan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM, Tulane
RE: NO WIN SITUATION
Preach on.......

http://www.lohud.com/article/DG/20131024/NEWS01/310240016/UL-Lafayette-may-gone-too-far-former-president-says

The university may have gone too far this season, criticizing sports announcers for not calling the team Louisiana retired long-time university President Ray Authement said Wednesday.

“I live in Lafayette and love that our city name is broadcast all over the country,” Robert Duplechain wrote. “I don’t understand what the heck you guys are complaining about. And we are not UL! We are UL-Lafayette.”
10-24-2013 06:33 AM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(10-24-2013 06:33 AM)LouisianaHawkFan Wrote:  Preach on.......

http://www.lohud.com/article/DG/20131024/NEWS01/310240016/UL-Lafayette-may-gone-too-far-former-president-says

The university may have gone too far this season, criticizing sports announcers for not calling the team Louisiana retired long-time university President Ray Authement said Wednesday.

“I live in Lafayette and love that our city name is broadcast all over the country,” Robert Duplechain wrote. “I don’t understand what the heck you guys are complaining about. And we are not UL! We are UL-Lafayette.”

And there's a reason he aint the Pres. any more. You will lose this and you know it.
make sure you come down to the game on Nov 30th.. see whats is in store for ulmhoax.

LOL!!!

Z
10-24-2013 06:43 AM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies
NO WIN SITUATION

“I think we should be the University of Louisiana. Period,” Authement said Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
10-24-2013 07:10 AM
swampbear Offline
1st String

Misleading headline....keep cooperating with a University 30 miles from you that officially calls itself "The Flagship Of North Louisiana"...a University that BTW considers you an untouchable....and it will hurt you...We schedule everyone else in our system and will continue to schedule ULM even if we happen to get a invite to another Conference....if you think that our use of "Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns" makes you feel like a little sister then that's on you....you have a lot to be proud of ...trying to bring down what your sister University is doing is petty
10-24-2013 07:19 AM
Lafitte the Pirate Offline
2nd String

JUCOIdiot,

Read the article. The title is completely misleading. Dr. Authement says that we should be the University of Louisiana Period.
10-24-2013 05:16 PM
Advertisement

LouisianaHawkFan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM, Tulane
(10-24-2013 05:16 PM)Lafitte the Pirate Wrote:  

JUCOIdiot,

Read the article. The title is completely misleading. Dr. Authement says that we should be the University of Louisiana Period.

I don't make this s---t up, it is your paper pirate boy
10-24-2013 06:02 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(10-24-2013 06:02 PM)LouisianaHawkFan Wrote:  

JUCOIdiot,

Surely you didnt type this with a straight face?? LOL!

Friend you are officially irrelevant. HAHAHA! So is ULM... :)

Keep writing those letters, though!!! COGS

Z
10-24-2013 06:40 PM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
Jesus Christ, Z. You seem to be absolutely obsessed with ULM and what they think of ULL.

Insecure much?
10-24-2013 10:40 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(10-24-2013 10:40 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  Jesus Christ, Z. You seem to be absolutely obsessed with ULM and what they think of ULL.

Insecure much?

AHHHH, you're in the danger zone!! AAAHHHH!

07-coffee3
10-24-2013 10:55 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(10-24-2013 10:40 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  Jesus Christ, Z. You seem to be absolutely obsessed with ULM and what they think of ULL.

Insecure much?

Rosie, you still chasing Cajun fans from thread to thread sniffing their beans? You really are a serial stalker!
10-24-2013 10:59 PM
Advertisement

mathenis89 Offline

(10-24-2013 10:59 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

Insecure much?

Rosie, you still chasing Cajun fans from thread to thread sniffing their beans? You really are a serial stalker!

Simply a case study. I enjoy watching grown adults act like spoiled children. It's a hobby. What can I say?
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 12:31 AM by mathenis89.)
10-24-2013 11:16 PM
Lafitte the Pirate Offline
2nd String

(10-24-2013 06:02 PM)LouisianaHawkFan Wrote:  

JUCOIdiot,

You make everything up when it comes to THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA!! Typical LouisianaJUCOfan!! Have your written enough emails? You and Frank Hoffman must be Bu@@ Brothers!!
10-24-2013 11:56 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(10-24-2013 11:16 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  

Insecure much?

Simply a case study. I enjoy watching grown adults act like spoiled children. It's a hobby. What can I say?

AHHHHH! You're in the danger zone!! Get it?? From Top Gun... you get it??

Z
10-25-2013 05:56 AM
mathenis89 Offline

(10-25-2013 05:56 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  

Insecure much?

Z

You seem to really not be able to grasp on to this reference. Here is a good figure for it:

[Image: YwgbT16.gif]

Again, the reference is from the show "Archer".

Child.
10-25-2013 10:29 AM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies
NO WIN SITUATION

Insecure much?

Says the spoiled little kid who has given up on Western KY football already this season because they got destroyed on national TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
10-25-2013 11:43 AM
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

(10-25-2013 10:29 AM)mathenis89 Wrote:  
(10-25-2013 05:56 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  

Insecure much?

Z

You seem to really not be able to grasp on to this reference. Here is a good figure for it:

[Image: YwgbT16.gif]

Again, the reference is from the show "Archer".

Child.

Adult cartoons.... BAHAHAHAHA!

Z
10-25-2013 11:52 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
I love all of this. I think Louisiana sounds great, and so that's what I use. I can understand both sides. I can see wanting to brand yourself in a fresh way, but I don't understand the hate for ULL. It's who you are as a university, and who you were as atheltics. We are TROY, in all caps, but Troy State is fine. We have a ton of pride in who we used to be, so you'll rarely here anyone complain when we are referrenced as Troy State. I love it, as do most of us.

The issue here isn't about what's legal and what's not. What Louisiana fans will never understand is that how you present yourselves is what determines the level of respect you get. When the name change was first proposed on this board, it was shoved down our throats with all kinds of personal attacks and demands. Had you guys gone about this differently, you would have gotten a much better response. New forum members got blasted for using "ULL" when they were unaware of the "policy" laid down by Lousiana fans. ULM fans will always have a bone to pick, so that's a different issue all together.

Garbage In – Garbage Out. Louisiana fans came with a piss pour "get in line" attitude and you were met with the same attitude in return. This is the main point of distinction. Understand that and maybe you'll see why you're getting so much backlash from members who aren't located in Louisiana.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 12:07 PM by TroyFootball05.)
10-25-2013 12:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
It isn't just board animosity. People in Louisiana get annoyed with this in general conversation. I was at a party last night for alum and a ULL grad said UL and well just stared. Eventually someone said "why are you bringing up Louisiville?" and it had me rolling. Another person (a professor) then said "she meant Ooooh la la" and I lost it.
10-25-2013 01:58 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(10-25-2013 01:58 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  It isn't just board animosity. People in Louisiana get annoyed with this in general conversation. I was at a party last night for alum and a ULL grad said UL and well just stared. Eventually someone said "why are you bringing up Louisiville?" and it had me rolling. Another person (a professor) then said "she meant Ooooh la la" and I lost it.

A party with a bunch of academic pinheads? Sounds marvy. Its a shame there was no one there with a spine to shut you clowns down. You definitely have the academic side taken care of, what with all the money from your grads on the East Coast... You too need to worry about your athletics... Moving to an on campus stadium wont mean squat if only 50 people continue to show up to your games. BTW, pray you lose the rest of your games or be the champions of CUSA, cause right now you're on a collision course with UL in the NO bowl. Our 50K vs your 10K(maybe) and The fact that we will brutalize the Green Wave will make it an ugly Christmas season for you.

Z
10-25-2013 02:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.