Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Women's Cross Country
Bookmark and Share
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
Women's Cross Country
Nice job by freshman Janelle Noe, who finished in third place in a 34-team meet of mostly DIII schools. Rockets second string won the meet. The first string runs tomorrow.
10-19-2013 12:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

utxctrack Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Women's Cross Country
That girl was the Ohio Division I runner-up last year in the 17s. Signed by coach hadsell. She should not be running that slow. I see that Vogelsong ran in that race too. She was one of the fastest 10k women in MAC history under Coach hadsell. Now she is a jv runner. Not good.
10-19-2013 10:31 AM
Dwight Offline
1st String

(10-19-2013 10:31 AM)utxctrack Wrote:  That girl was the Ohio Division I runner-up last year in the 17s. Signed by coach hadsell. She should not be running that slow. I see that Vogelsong ran in that race too. She was one of the fastest 10k women in MAC history under Coach hadsell. Now she is a jv runner. Not good.

I was wondering about Vogelsong, too. I wonder if there's some explanation. As far as the freshman running too slow for your liking, I think it's hard to judge times unless you know the course. She finished third out of 400 runners. Granted, it was a weak field, but still that's hard to complain about.
10-19-2013 11:00 AM
Dwight Offline
1st String

14th out of 49 at pre-nationals, with Brooke Tullis leading the way.
10-19-2013 12:16 PM
Advertisement

BigMac Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-19-2013 11:00 AM)Dwight Wrote:  
(10-19-2013 10:31 AM)utxctrack Wrote:  That girl was the Ohio Division I runner-up last year in the 17s. Signed by coach hadsell. She should not be running that slow. I see that Vogelsong ran in that race too. She was one of the fastest 10k women in MAC history under Coach hadsell. Now she is a jv runner. Not good.

I was wondering about Vogelsong, too. I wonder if there's some explanation. As far as the freshman running too slow for your liking, I think it's hard to judge times unless you know the course. She finished third out of 400 runners. Granted, it was a weak field, but still that's hard to complain about.

UT Cross Country Completes Regular Season Schedule at EMU Fall Classic
Courtesy: Toledo Athletics
Release: 10/27/201

EMU Fall Classic Women's Results
EMU Fall Classic Men's Results
DEXTER, MI - The Toledo cross country teams ran the final race of their regular season on Friday, Oct. 25 at the Eastern Michigan Fall Classic. No team scores were kept, but the Rockets had two runners place in the top 20.

Junior Jackie Koza and senior Megan Vogelsong finished back-to-back, placing 15th and 16th, respectively. Sophomores Julia Pusateri and Stephanie Ingraham also had strong races, finishing 21st and 26th, while freshman Deirdre Dwyer and junior Megan Csehi placed 32nd and 33rd.

"The women ran well and most of them moved up steadily through the race," head coach Linh Nguyen said. "Megan Vogelsong is running well as she comes back from injury. She has only a few weeks of training under her belt but is running tough. Jackie had a good bounce back race and a lot of the other women ran season bests."

Just two runners competed for UT in the men's race as the team gets ready for the MAC Championships on Saturday, Nov. 2 in Bowling Green.

Freshmen Chris Housel and Matt Leis finished 47th and 48th, respectively.

"I thought the race went well overall." Nguyen said. "Matt and Chris got out well but lost contact with the main group in the middle. They're both young and still learning how to handle collegiate level racing."

WOMEN'S INDIVIDUAL RESULTS
15. Jackie Koza - 18:24.9
16. Megan Vogelsong - 18:27.8
21. Julia Pusateri - 18:39.0
26. Stephanie Ingraham - 18:44.6
32. Deirdre Dwyer - 18:55.3
33. Megan Csehi - 18:57.3
39. Lindsey Burdette - 19:17.1
40. Marissa Rossetti - 19:18.4
41. Natalie Camardo - 19:20.6
42. Kelly Morgan - 19:21.44
46. Liz Lemon - 19:35.2

MEN'S INVIDIDUAL RESULTS
47. Chris Housel - 16:40.3
48. Matt Leis - 16:47.2
10-30-2013 06:10 AM
BigMac Offline
Bench Warmer

UT Women’s Cross Country Looks for Fourth Consecutive MAC Championship

MAC Championship Information
TOLEDO, OH – As the three-time defending Mid-American Conference champion and preseason favorite to grab this year's crown, the Toledo women's cross country team will try to capture the program's sixth overall title and its first under head coach Linh Nguyen. With a victory, UT will become the first MAC women’s cross country team to win four-consecutive conference titles since Bowling Green from 1980-83.

The UT cross country teams will run in the 2013 MAC Championship Meet on Saturday, Nov. 2 hosted by Bowling Green. The men’s 8K race is set to begin at 11:00 a.m., while the women’s 6K is scheduled for noon.

"I’m excited for my first MAC championship this weekend," Nguyen said. "Our women are healthy and have been looking very good in practice over the last month. I feel that things are coming together and we’re ready to run well. The women are highly motivated to continue the streak of MAC titles."

Junior Brooke Tullis (Maumee, OH) has led the Rockets this season, finishing as the team’s top performer at three meets. She finished 69th at the NCAA Pre-National Meet to pace Toledo to a 14th place finish, defeating two teams ranked in the top 20 nationally.

Tullis will be joined by senior Devyn Ramsay (Benzonia, MI), redshirt senior Kristal Studer (Bright, IN), juniors Mackenzie Chojnacky (Jerome, ID), Priscilla Timmons (Vancouver, WA), Liz Weiler (Mentor, OH) and Megan Wright (Miamisburg, OH) and sophomore Theresa Warsecke (Benzonia, MI) at this weekend’s race. Timmons, Weiler and Wright each finished in the top 10 at the Mel Brodt Collegiate Opener in September, and Wright was the team’s second finisher at the Paul Short Run. Warsecke also had a second-place finish at the EMU Triangular.

The UT women won the 2012 MAC Championship in historic fashion, with a record-breaking score of 24 points, besting their mark of 33 points in 2011. Eight of nine runners were awarded All-MAC honors, including First-Team All-MAC selections Wright, Weiler and Tullis.

The UT men’s cross country team will try to improve on last year’s eighth-place finish at the MAC Championships. The team has progressed this season, culminating in a 13th-place finish at the NCAA Pre-Nationals, led by juniors Hillary Serem (Eldoret,Kenya) and Jake Kasperski (Farmersville, OH) who both finished in the top 50.

Serem, Kasperski, seniors Ricky Adamson (Sylvania, OH), Nick Brenner (Stow, OH) and Trevin Flickinger (Defiance, OH), junior Adam Smercina (Oak Harbor, OH) and sophomores Adam Bess (Oregon, OH), Nick Costello (Brighton, MI) and Thomas Gibbons (Oregon, OH) will compete on Saturday morning for the men.

"The men are fit as well and I think ready for a solid performance," Nguyen said. "We’ve been talking all season about raising the level of expectations and performance for the men’s program and this will be an opportunity for them to take that first step. I think we have a bright future in the men’s program."

Both teams hope to use the familiarity with the course to their advantage. The Rockets raced at the Mel Brodt Collegiate Opener hosted by Bowling Green on Friday, Sept. 13, which featured nearly identical courses to Saturday’s MAC Championship races.

Follow the 2013 MAC Championships at the attached link to the MAC website and the team’s official Twitter account (@ToledoXCTF) for live results and meet information. Visit http://www.utrockets.com for more information
10-31-2013 03:32 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

The cross country season is now officially a wash. The Rocket women finished eighth in the Great Lakes Regional, one place ahead of Central Michigan and a few places ahead of Miami. Not close to qualifying for the NCAA.
11-15-2013 03:30 PM
Advertisement

utxctrack Offline
2nd String

Disaster.
11-15-2013 04:34 PM
BigMac Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-15-2013 04:34 PM)utxctrack Wrote:  Disaster.

You forgot the bigger disaster in all of this fiasco was that Ohio State with new asst. coach Sara Vergote, remember her.... finished ahead of us.We ALWAYS beat Ohio State!!! It has everything to do with coaching or in our case NOT coaching. The end of an ERA ......shoot me now 03-banghead
11-15-2013 05:58 PM
utxctrack Offline
2nd String

Vergote has implemented Hadsell's training system into OSU. We aren't missing anything by her not being the coach but very telling. How do you have that much talent and literally get worse?
11-15-2013 06:13 PM
Advertisement

BigMac Offline
Bench Warmer

04-rock
(11-15-2013 06:13 PM)utxctrack Wrote:  Vergote has implemented Hadsell's training system into OSU. We aren't missing anything by her not being the coach but very telling. How do you have that much talent and literally get worse?

No ...you misunderstood I was referring to her implementing Hadsells coaching at Ohio State. She has even stolen the grass water ritual that Hadsell started at Toledo. As far as getting worse. That is ALL LINH. I give him all the credit. The question is does the front office care that we are in the dumper.
11-15-2013 06:21 PM
utxctrack Offline
2nd String

Noted and understood. I think they a lulled into thinking that a MAC runner up and an 8th place finish at region is good. To most programs and to the rest of the MAC, that is good. But when you are handed a top-15 team in the nation and that is your season you failed. Terribly.
11-15-2013 06:33 PM
DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
The future will be shown when we see what kind of recruiting class comes in.
11-15-2013 09:11 PM
utxctrack Offline
2nd String

I have to respectively disagree on the recruiting comment. He was handed 13 All-MAC runners and this is what he did. Doesn't really matter what kind if talent he brings in. No recruit out of high school will be nearly as good as what he was handed.
11-15-2013 10:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.