Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

California Dem Gov. Signs Law Allowing Nurses And Midwives To Perform Abortions…
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
California Dem Gov. Signs Law Allowing Nurses And Midwives To Perform Abortions…
Pretty soon the libs will have it to where you can go to McDonald's drive thru for your baby killing. This is so, so sad. Democrats worship abortion like it’s a religion.

SACRAMENTO, CA October 9, 2013 – California Governor Jerry Brown has signed two bills allowing non-physicians to perform abortions and reducing health standards for abortion facilities, saying the new laws “support the health and well-being of women.”

California is the fifth state to allow or not explicitly ban the practice of non-physician abortion, joining Montana, New York, Oregon, and Vermont.

The bill, A.B. 154, introduced by San Diego Democrat Toni Atkins, would authorize midwives, nurse practitioners, and physicians’ assistants to perform first-trimester suction aspiration abortions.

The new law, which originally passed the General Assembly in May, cleared the State Senate last month by a near-party line vote of 25-11. Lou Correa of Anaheim was the only Senate Democrat to vote against the bill.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/governo...adlines%29
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013 08:34 PM by EagleRockCafe.)
10-09-2013 08:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: California Dem Gov. Signs Law Allowing Nurses And Midwives To Perform Abortions…
I've never bought the argument that certain reproductive decisions in any way reinforced the "health and well being" of women.

I think, in general, the abortion laws are fair enough for most women out there but at a point it becomes merely an exercise in a woman's right to plan her life overriding a life she, through her own actions, brought about.
10-09-2013 08:37 PM
Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas Offline
Knower of all known knowings

I Root For: Master Yoda
RE: California Dem Gov. Signs Law Allowing Nurses And Midwives To Perform Abortions…
WOW
10-09-2013 08:37 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Illegals can become lawyers and now this. California probably sees all these things as being good ideas but how much will midwives have to pay in malpractice insurance?
10-09-2013 09:08 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-09-2013 09:08 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Illegals can become lawyers and now this. California probably sees all these things as being good ideas but how much will midwives have to pay in malpractice insurance?

Probably very little, this will make abortion more accessible by lowering the cost to ride.
10-09-2013 09:09 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
OK some NP or a PA is going to shove a vacuum tube up a woman without a MD supervising? Come on...

Hey let's get an old School Bus, install the equipment, and make some money. 03-puke
10-09-2013 09:29 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-09-2013 09:08 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Illegals can become lawyers and now this. California probably sees all these things as being good ideas but how much will midwives have to pay in malpractice insurance?

It's all about votes. California has already had a debt crises and for some reason didn't learn its lesson. That state will get what it deserves, eventually.
10-10-2013 08:31 AM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
(10-10-2013 08:31 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

It's all about votes. California has already had a debt crises and for some reason didn't learn its lesson. That state will get what it deserves, eventually.

It amuses me that those idiots in California think there won't be a day of reckoning eventually. Cue to Detroit.....
10-10-2013 08:35 AM
bevotex Offline
Chili has no beans

I Root For: Texas Longhorns
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 08:43 AM by bevotex.)
10-10-2013 08:40 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU

Nurses and midwives don't have to pay any malpractice insurance... at least not in Virginia. My wife's OB (also a family friend) always complains about this. He actually had to hire a midwife on his staff just to keep down costs and stay competitive.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 08:43 AM by EverRespect.)
10-10-2013 08:40 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Funny.

The left screamed making it illegal would lead to back alley abortions, when what do you know? Legal ones are headed the same direction.
10-10-2013 08:42 AM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Wonder if some doctors out there supported this since a lot do not want to do abortions.
Next we know California will approve cab drivers to do them.
10-10-2013 08:43 AM
bevotex Offline
Chili has no beans

I Root For: Texas Longhorns
[Image: Save-The-Children.jpg]
10-10-2013 08:45 AM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
I'm pro-choice, but I don't like this new law.

Abortions are somewhat risky operations to begin with due to all of the possible complications. They need to be done by a legitimate doctor in a hospital setting. I believe that there will be unintended consequences that come as a result of passing this law.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 08:50 AM by oliveandblue.)
10-10-2013 08:49 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
For about 20 years after Roe v Wade, the slogan "Abortion should be between a woman and her doctor" (or "and her physician") was in constant media-circulation. It "polled well", as they say.

I guess that's one catchphrase that we won't be hearing as much anymore.
10-11-2013 02:39 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
I think I've figured out part of the problem in the land of fruits and nuts:

Quote:near-party line vote of 25-11
10-11-2013 02:51 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-10-2013 08:49 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  I'm pro-choice, but I don't like this new law.

Abortions are somewhat risky operations to begin with due to all of the possible complications. They need to be done by a legitimate doctor in a hospital setting. I believe that there will be unintended consequences that come as a result of passing this law.

I agree.
10-11-2013 02:54 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
But it's all about a woman's safety.
10-11-2013 02:58 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(10-10-2013 08:40 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

Nurses and midwives don't have to pay any malpractice insurance... at least not in Virginia. My wife's OB (also a family friend) always complains about this. He actually had to hire a midwife on his staff just to keep down costs and stay competitive.

On a national level this is mostly untrue. Nurses generally do not pay for malpractice insurance because they are employed by a health system, hospital or physician's practice and would be covered by their policy for acts within the scope of their employment. Midwives are generally independent contractors at facilities and are required to carry their own liability insurance. The premiums for midwives pale in comparison to an OB/GYN, but they are not paying chump change.

FWIW, a lot of nurses buy their own policy separate from their employer. This covers them for some acts outside of their scope of employment (usually for events such as providing medical care for their kids football/soccer/baseball teams).
10-11-2013 03:05 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Rename California to Gosnellifornia.
10-11-2013 08:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.