Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

3rd Down Music
Bookmark and Share
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
3rd Down Music
Anybody else hate the Thunderstruck clip they played every third down? Sounded muffled with the thunderstorm behind it and to me seemed in no way intimidating.

Maybe I just dont like it because I loved the Hells Bells that we used to play and thought that that was perfect for 3rd downs!
10-07-2013 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
3rd Down Music
I hate the fact that they are playing music between every down. It's stupid.
10-07-2013 07:56 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
RE: 3rd Down Music
Well, the hells bells wasn't really music. Just a bell a couple times. I thought it was awesone
10-07-2013 08:17 PM
San Giuseppe Jato Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: il Rockets
Back in the day... the Rocket Marching Band was entertainment enough. I now ask myself why does the PA people hate the band
10-07-2013 09:18 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Lots of other schools bands interact with the fans, go to different sections and such. I wish our band did that.

But yea the thunder thing is stupid. The D has reacted well to it though.
10-07-2013 09:31 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I love the Hells bells for 3rd down. Now that's intimidating and it pumps up the crowd.

I've noticed at other big time schools, their bands play traditional songs all throughout the game, between plays and whatnot. I like it. UT band plays the first down song and other various pieces, but I think they should do more. I like the idea of them going around the stadium to different sections.
10-08-2013 12:16 AM
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
At first I found the thunder annoying because I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be. Then I noticed the 3rd Down Thunder graphic on the screen and I put the two together. I like the idea of the sound and graphic together. I wouldn't say I'm in love with it, necessarily, but I don't hate it.
10-08-2013 12:45 AM
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Beats the hell out of the stupid Chirp Chirp that Ball State does
10-08-2013 07:11 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(10-08-2013 07:11 AM)indianasniff Wrote:  Beats the hell out of the stupid Chirp Chirp that Ball State does

BG does a bird chirp thing too, or at least they used to.
10-08-2013 08:28 AM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

3rd Down Music
(10-07-2013 08:17 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  Well, the hells bells wasn't really music. Just a bell a couple times. I thought it was awesone

I had no problem with the hells bells

The music between downs is utterly stupid. Gotta love when they're playing pump up music as we have just failed on 3rd down and are setting up to punt.

Like others have said. Let the band play. Our PA people suck.
10-08-2013 11:13 AM
All Rockets All The Time

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I found the music between downs somewhat entertaining, although they could edit the clips a little better and make sure they fade them out when the teams start to set. Doesn't need to be every down and certainly not all hip-hop.
10-08-2013 12:05 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
We have had two Rockets announcers stolen for major league sports....
10-08-2013 12:08 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Just wait until we head down to the Doyt and you have to listen to their endless commercials/sponsors over the PA system. It never stops...

"Player injury time out brought to you by the Wood County Hospital and Free Clinic"...

"Grass growing during this media time out brought to you by John Deere" (as the BG fans crane their necks to try and see the artificial turf grow).
10-08-2013 03:08 PM
All Rockets All The Time

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
LOL. Falling chunks of concrete brought to you by Duck & Cover Safety Supply.
10-08-2013 07:14 PM
Rocket A Offline
Heisman

(10-07-2013 06:01 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  Anybody else hate the Thunderstruck clip they played every third down? Sounded muffled with the thunderstorm behind it and to me seemed in no way intimidating.

Maybe I just dont like it because I loved the Hells Bells that we used to play and thought that that was perfect for 3rd downs!

I liked it!!! Thought it was better than Hells Bells which has run its course. I liked the fact that they actually combined sound and graphics, what a concept. What i would really like to hear is Ozzie's Crazy Train like they do at Arizona. Oh yeah, I would like to have UofA's sound system as well!!!
10-09-2013 05:22 PM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

It would probably help if the sounds system was better. Sometimes it sounds like they are holding a microphone next to a transistor radio.
10-10-2013 09:52 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(10-08-2013 03:08 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  Just wait until we head down to the Doyt and you have to listen to their endless commercials/sponsors over the PA system. It never stops...

"Player injury time out brought to you by the Wood County Hospital and Free Clinic"...

"Grass growing during this media time out brought to you by the students at Ohio University. (as the BG fans crane their necks to try and see the artificial turf grow).

Fixed it for you.
10-10-2013 10:12 PM
therockets046 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Mud Hens
No issue with the third down multimedia. But I don't like that they think they need to play loud music in between every play. No wonder they're always having substitution issues and procedure penalties. Our DJ is doing stuff that opposing teams do against us on the road.

Then they were playing that song called "Don't Drop That Thun Thun", which would be the perfect rub it in song for when the opponent drops a pass or fumbles (if we pretend that 'Thun Thun' is about football instead of illegal drugs). Except we played it when our own players dropped passes! Who does that!!!
10-21-2013 09:58 PM
Rocket4Life Offline
2nd String

They REALLY need to coordinate playing music over the speakers and the band playing music. It's completely pointless to have BOTH playing at the same time.

Also, they need to pick better music to play over the speakers. The majority of the music does not get anyone pumped up. I would much rather listen to the band.
10-21-2013 10:47 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
(10-21-2013 10:47 PM)Rocket4Life Wrote:  They REALLY need to coordinate playing music over the speakers and the band playing music. It's completely pointless to have BOTH playing at the same time.

Also, they need to pick better music to play over the speakers. The majority of the music does not get anyone pumped up. I would much rather listen to the band.

Yes.
10-22-2013 07:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.