Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Truckers for the Constitution Plan to Slow DC Beltway
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
Truckers for the Constitution Plan to Slow DC Beltway
Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker who is handling logistics for the protest, told U.S. News tractor-trailer drivers will circle the beltway "three lanes deep" as he rides with other participants to Congress to seek the arrest of congressmen for allegedly disregarding the Constitution.
http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/10/07/tru...ongressmen
10-07-2013 05:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
RE: Truckers for the Constitution Plan to Slow DC Beltway
Convooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooy!

[Image: 215px-Convoy_film_poster.jpg]
10-07-2013 05:28 PM
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
How close are we to a civil war? Just seems every one has so much hate for each other and now we are starting to see more and more of these types of protest.
10-07-2013 05:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-07-2013 05:44 PM)hburg Wrote:  How close are we to a civil war? Just seems every one has so much hate for each other and now we are starting to see more and more of these types of protest.

Not really civil "war", more like civil unrest. Libs do it all the time and it's great, but if conservatives ever do it "it's civil war". Did anyone think Occupy Wall Street was civil war?
10-07-2013 05:53 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(10-07-2013 05:04 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker who is handling logistics for the protest, told U.S. News tractor-trailer drivers will circle the beltway "three lanes deep" as he rides with other participants to Congress to seek the arrest of congressmen for allegedly disregarding the Constitution.
http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/10/07/tru...ongressmen

If they're pissed about the Constitution being ignored then why are they upset with congressmen? They need to go after Obama.
10-07-2013 06:02 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-07-2013 05:44 PM)hburg Wrote:  How close are we to a civil war? Just seems every one has so much hate for each other and now we are starting to see more and more of these types of protest.

We are beyond the point of no return. That happened the eve we reelected Barrack Obama. The warnings were there. The country didn't listen.

Impact is imminent.
10-07-2013 07:27 PM
Advertisement

jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
(10-07-2013 05:28 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Convooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooy!

[Image: 215px-Convoy_film_poster.jpg]

It's just not a convoy without a chartreuse microbus. Hope they manage to find one to join in.
10-07-2013 07:44 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
They should drive around the national mall while the illegals have their rally.
10-07-2013 07:59 PM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
Barrack will never know which truck holds Michael Knight

[Image: Knight_Rider.jpg]
10-07-2013 08:04 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
I'm thinking the 60's and early 70's were much worse than what we are dealing with now. Let me know when the govt. open fires on a tea party rally ala Kent State. We survived that we will survive this.
10-07-2013 08:46 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(10-07-2013 08:46 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I'm thinking the 60's and early 70's were much worse than what we are dealing with now. Let me know when the govt. open fires on a tea party rally ala Kent State. We survived that we will survive this.

The 60's was only about Vietnam ... just one issue. One party didn't believe the Vietnamese people were worth fighting for, and the other party did.

Now the parties are divided on every issue. The split is much deeper in this century.
10-07-2013 09:17 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
It's just because you are out of power you think that UConn. The problem is the far right has taken over the party. You have become a regionalized party. You need to moderate to get back into power.
10-08-2013 08:54 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
As someone who lived in DC for two years, I can confidently say this will have little to no impact on anything. The beltway has several other highways that converge with it. It's not just a circle that you can only enter via on ramps.

The people they're hoping to impact won't be impacted by this at all. Many of the people working on Capitol Hill live in the district, so they're not going to be on the beltway anyway.
10-08-2013 09:06 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013...ongressmen

Zeeda Andrews, a former country music singer helping promote the protest, said last week participants would present demands to congressmen – including the impeachment of President Barack Obama – and give the congressmen an opportunity to agree to the demands in exchange for canceling the ride.

Conlon and Andrews say Obama committed "treason" by allegedly funneling weapons to al-Qaida-linked rebels in Syria. Members of Congress who support arming Syrian rebels, Conlon said, are accessories to the alleged crime. He identified House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., as politicians he will seek to arrest for alleged acts against the Constitution.

Andrews said last week 3,000 truckers had RSVP-ed to the event, and Conlon says he's now lost count of the number. He says he's receiving around 100 emails a day from prospective participants."

If they intend to have Obama, Pelosi and Feinstein arrested, more power to them.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 09:31 AM by GoApps70.)
10-08-2013 09:30 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(10-08-2013 08:54 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  It's just because you are out of power you think that UConn. The problem is the far right has taken over the party. You have become a regionalized party. You need to moderate to get back into power.

You're too busy projecting your leftist leanings on everyone else. Very myopic. You'd do better MYOB.
10-08-2013 09:30 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-08-2013 08:54 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  It's just because you are out of power you think that UConn. The problem is the far right has taken over the party. You have become a regionalized party. You need to moderate to get back into power.

I heard some young little liberal say that on the news the other day. Then you repeat it like a parrot. Thus proving liberals are given their talking points and robotically repeat them like zombies.
10-08-2013 09:37 AM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(10-08-2013 09:37 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  

I heard some young little liberal say that on the news the other day. Then you repeat it like a parrot. Thus proving liberals are given their talking points and robotically repeat them like zombies.

Agree, but more importantly, why would the Republicans ever want political ideas from the Leftists?
10-08-2013 09:52 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-08-2013 09:52 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  

Agree, but more importantly, why would the Republicans ever want political ideas from the Leftists?

It's a little tactic liberals like to use. Pretend the GOP must adopt more of their initiatives and sentiments to survive. Pretend the mainstream is starting to adopt their viewpoints.
10-08-2013 10:10 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(10-08-2013 09:52 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  

They don't. But leftists believe they do, and here are some possible reasons why

Leftists are so solipsistic that they think the world revolves around them and their ideas, or that it should (and they'll make it so!)

Leftists want to squash all other ideas b/c they fear the marketplace

Leftists want to be a constant nusiance to sensible people so they are distracted and far less effective...b/c more effective means more demonstration of how absurd leftists ideas are.
10-08-2013 10:10 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
It can't get much slower.
10-08-2013 10:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.