Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Week 6 Aftermath
Bookmark and Share
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
Week 6 Aftermath
What an absolutely amazing first week of conference play. LaTEch and UTEP are still playing so we don't have all the results, but it's been an interesting week.

1. Who would have thought that Rice and Tulane would be on top of the West with matching 2-0 records.

2. Who would have thought that BOTH FAU and FIU would win their games today over two C-USA legacy teams.

3. MTSU gave ECU all it could handle today. ECU still looks like the class of the East, but looked a bit vunerable...at least today.

4. Future members, Charlotte, won a slug fest against ranked Gardner Webb and Western Kentucky beat ULM at their place, putting them right back in the hunt for the SBC Championship.

5. Would anyone have expected ODU to be losing to Liberty in the 4th?

6. North Texas, UAB, USM, Tulsa and MTSU all lost, but in hard fought, close contests.

All in all an interesting week, wouldn't you say?
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 07:47 PM by Cnelson203.)
10-05-2013 07:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ned Low Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
RE: Week 6 Aftermath
Marshall may also be a bit better than I thought; I was thinking that UTSA would give you a better game. Did y'all play lights out or did they not as good as I thought?
10-05-2013 08:51 PM
BleedsGreen33 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
(10-05-2013 08:51 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  Marshall may also be a bit better than I thought; I was thinking that UTSA would give you a better game. Did y'all play lights out or did they not as good as I thought?

Our defense has largely improved. Through 5 games last season we were giving up 44 points per game and through 5 game this season we are only giving up 17. Keep in mind that no one to this point had been able to slow down UTSA.
10-05-2013 11:13 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
We played well on defense. On offense we basically sat on the ball the entire second half. Played very conservative with the big lead.

The big development for me today was Stephan Houston finally got on the field today. He was a 4 star recruit who looked great in camp but suffered a high ankle sprain. He only played about 25 snaps on defense (a linebacker) but had 8 tackles, a TFL and half a sack. He's a true freshman and has the potential to be a beast for the next several years for us.

Barring a bunch of injuries our defense will get stronger as the year goes on. In addition to Houston you have freshmen Leggett (int today) and Tindal along with first year JUCO Hewitt all still learning but playing well. We also have 3 young DL that are getting a bunch of reps and getting better.
10-05-2013 11:17 PM
Advertisement

joshdude182 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
We played terribly. We made every mistake you could make and gave away an easy win. We're not consistent enough to challenge for the west and we absolutely cannot win on the road.
10-05-2013 11:31 PM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
(10-05-2013 11:31 PM)joshdude182 Wrote:  We played terribly. We made every mistake you could make and gave away an easy win. We're not consistent enough to challenge for the west and we absolutely cannot win on the road.

if it was an easy win it would have been a win
10-05-2013 11:45 PM
Hell_Blazer Offline
Big Kahuna

I Root For: CUSA
Boom we all suck!
10-06-2013 01:08 AM
Advertisement

correcamino Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
Marshallfan before the game: "UTSA has put up garbage time points against good teams."

Marshallfan after the game: "Noone had been able to stop UTSA before us!"

I think its a combination of both honestly. Marshall being pretty good and UTSA not being as good as some of us thought...not gonna lie after what I saw the first 5 games I didnt think any C-USA team could contain the offense the way Marshall did today. The UTSA offense looked like a bunch of boys playing against men.
10-06-2013 01:35 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(10-06-2013 01:08 AM)Hell_Blazer Wrote:  Boom we all suck!

Speak for yourself 02-13-banana
10-06-2013 02:17 AM
ECUgradstudent Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-06-2013 01:35 AM)correcamino Wrote:  Marshallfan before the game: "UTSA has put up garbage time points against good teams."

Marshallfan after the game: "Noone had been able to stop UTSA before us!"

I think its a combination of both honestly. Marshall being pretty good and UTSA not being as good as some of us thought...not gonna lie after what I saw the first 5 games I didnt think any C-USA team could contain the offense the way Marshall did today. The UTSA offense looked like a bunch of boys playing against men.

Haha on your quotes. Very funny. However, most fans are like that but it is applicable.
10-06-2013 06:54 AM
Advertisement

ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
(10-06-2013 01:08 AM)Hell_Blazer Wrote:  Boom we all suck!

Rice is playing well enough to win, just below some high expectations we all had. We played a strong first half against Tulsa, and improved overall since the FAU game. UTSA on the road will be a good next challenge.
10-06-2013 07:20 AM
fussbudget Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: U N T
Week 6 Aftermath
I'm pretty pleasantly surprised at how close a lot of these games were. This is a good conference.

NOW LET THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOU.
10-06-2013 10:56 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(10-05-2013 08:51 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  Marshall may also be a bit better than I thought; I was thinking that UTSA would give you a better game. Did y'all play lights out or did they not as good as I thought?

Marshall's Rankings:
Offensive NCAA Rank 30
Marshall is averaging 38.6 points per game

Defensive NCAA Rank 20
Marshall is only allowing 17.4 points per game.

We only gave up 254 total yards on offense yesterday, 154 passing and 97 rushing. Soza was only 10-26 for 130 yards and their back up was 4-8 for 26 yards. UTSA only rushed for 97 yards on 29 attempts.

I knew our defense could get better from what we were. But didn't know we would be a top 20. Chuck Heater and the defensive staff has done wonders with our guys on defense. The new players that came in this year have made a difference too. Guys like Corey Tindal, Stephan Houston, AJ Leggett, Taj Letman and more.

The day after Thanksgiving should be a war in Huntington.
10-06-2013 11:30 AM
devyanks90 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion

Folding@NCAAbbs
(10-05-2013 07:47 PM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  5. Would anyone have expected ODU to be losing to Liberty in the 4th?
Yesterday was ODU's homecoming. We suck in homecoming games. Not surprised at all.
10-06-2013 11:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.