Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AJC: 125 Georgia players have committed to FBS schools
Bookmark and Share
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
AJC: 125 Georgia players have committed to FBS schools
http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-school...ool_sports

Quote:*The colleges with the most Georgia commitments are in-state schools Georgia State (12) and Georgia (eight). Georgia Tech has six.

CTM Fencing Co.
10-04-2013 08:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

RE: AJC: 125 Georgia players have committed to FBS schools
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9761...wing-guide

Quote:What's your pitch for your program to these in-state kids, as opposed to Georgia Tech's or Georgia's pitch?

I'm not pitching to the same kids that Georgia and Georgia Tech are pitching to. I understand where we're at. We're in the Sun Belt. The Sun Belt is a mid-major conference. We're not gonna recruit the same kids. We're just not. There's enough really good high school players in the state of Georgia. There's enough to go around. And I'm gonna lose some, but in the state of Georgia, if you wanted to play FBS football, and you wanted to stay in your state, you either had to go to Georgia or Georgia Tech or you had to leave. Georgia, Georgia Tech, they can only sign 25 guys, and now you've got a chance to go to Georgia State if you want. If you're a high school kid in Georgia, you don't have to leave the state. If you're a city kid, you don't have to leave the city. There's a lot of positives.
10-04-2013 08:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
For reference, we currently have 4 from Georgia that are known right now, no doubts we're working on more.
10-04-2013 09:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

(10-04-2013 09:12 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  For reference, we currently have 4 from Georgia that are known right now, no doubts we're working on more.

Most kids want to stay close to home and Georgia has a LOT of kids
10-04-2013 09:23 AM
eaglemachine Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Ga Southern
I like this line:
If you had to pick one Sun Belt team to become your eventual rival, which would it be?

Well, I think that's going to take care of itself because Georgia Southern's joining. I don't want to pick Georgia Southern, because of the offense they run. But you got GSU and GSU.
10-04-2013 11:23 AM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Troy goes after a lot of Ga kids. Getting more in the Atlanta market. I know Troy has a few from the Newnan area.

It's close enough to home they can easily come home when needed but far enough away to be out of sight.
10-04-2013 11:40 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

(10-04-2013 11:40 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Troy goes after a lot of Ga kids. Getting more in the Atlanta market. I know Troy has a few from the Newnan area.

It's close enough to home they can easily come home when needed but far enough away to be out of sight.
Newnan is only 160 miles from Troy. So yeah you guys are very close.
10-04-2013 11:44 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
App has six verbals from GA.

Looking at recruiting sites. Texas St. is the leader in the clubhouse for 2014 right now.

http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Footbal...erence=SBC
10-04-2013 12:33 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Recruiting rankings for the G5 is a crap shoot as there are too many 3 star and below players to effectively evaluate. FIU usually ranks high in recruiting and we see what that has done for them.

The key at this level is coaches identifying talent that may not even have a star and coaching them up.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 12:53 PM by GSU Eagles.)
10-04-2013 12:52 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

It is always the teams that rank lower in the results that say that.
10-04-2013 12:53 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(10-04-2013 11:23 AM)eaglemachine Wrote:  I like this line:
If you had to pick one Sun Belt team to become your eventual rival, which would it be?

Well, I think that's going to take care of itself because Georgia Southern's joining. I don't want to pick Georgia Southern, because of the offense they run. But you got GSU and GSU.

So is he saying he dosen't like the offense because its difficult to plan for or because it's boring to watch?
10-04-2013 12:54 PM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Recruiting rankings are just fun to talk about, even if they aren't fulyl accurate. For instance, Troy doesn't have anyone putting recruiting info out for them so it looks like they have only one commit when I'm sure they have more. 24/7 does the best at getting the most info though. Rivals and Scout base theirs only on info they get from their sites. We don't have a 24/7 site but they update with info they get from other sites.
10-04-2013 12:56 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

(10-04-2013 12:53 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  It is always the teams that rank lower in the results that say that.

Way too many recruits out there for the ones that aren't 4 star and up to be accurately evaluated. Many times you can find kids that become All Americans that were never even looked at.

Stars aren't everything, and a lack of any stars doesn't really mean that much.
10-04-2013 01:06 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
(10-04-2013 12:56 PM)slycat Wrote:  Recruiting rankings are just fun to talk about, even if they aren't fulyl accurate. For instance, Troy doesn't have anyone putting recruiting info out for them so it looks like they have only one commit when I'm sure they have more. 24/7 does the best at getting the most info though. Rivals and Scout base theirs only on info they get from their sites. We don't have a 24/7 site but they update with info they get from other sites.

I can't believe we don't have a 24/7 site, whats the deal marketing firm...
10-04-2013 01:07 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

It's the best information available, if you have something better I'd be happy to use it.
10-04-2013 01:39 PM
eaglemachine Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(10-04-2013 12:54 PM)slycat Wrote:  

So is he saying he dosen't like the offense because its difficult to plan for or because it's boring to watch?

the former
10-04-2013 02:09 PM
Advertisement

rbostic287 Offline
Bench Warmer

Recruiting...you gotta love it. It use to annoy me to no end on the Gasouthern board how they would treat recruiting so top secret. Know for the most part it's in the open forum but I get most of my info from twitter now anyway.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 02:41 PM by rbostic287.)
10-04-2013 02:40 PM
Hammer 22 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia State
(10-04-2013 02:09 PM)eaglemachine Wrote:  

the former

I don't think it was the former. It should be a fairly decent match-up every year once we get our act together. But, here's what our OC Jagodzinski had to say a while back. 05-stirthepot

Q: Are you exploring any other ways to get Albert Wilson [WR] the ball?
A: Yeah, we’re going to put the wishbone in this week. See if we can run the triple option.
Q: Is he going to be the B-back?
A: No, he’ll be the quarterback.
Q: He played quarterback in high school.
A: Well, there you go. So we don’t have to re-invent the wheel.
(Note: he was joking about the wishbone).

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/georgia-state...rdinators/
10-04-2013 02:50 PM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(10-04-2013 02:40 PM)rbostic287 Wrote:  Recruiting...you gotta love it. It use to annoy me to no end on the Gasouthern board how they would treat recruiting so top secret. Know for the most part it's in the open forum but I get most of my info from twitter now anyway.

I think they were trying to avoid any potential NCAA recruiting violations of someone reaching out and contacting a recruit.

Take a look over on the GaState board one of their posters mentions how he friends the guys on facebook, follows them on twitter, asks them if they are going to commit to state... (boarder line stalking imo) I think that's the kind of atmosphere Eagle22 was trying to avoid on his board.

Nowadays with Twitter the recruits pretty much just tell you who they are looking at/talking with so it's not nearly as secretive as it was pre-social media days.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 02:54 PM by Hail The Blue.)
10-04-2013 02:53 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

(10-04-2013 02:50 PM)Hammer 22 Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 02:09 PM)eaglemachine Wrote:  

the former

I don't think it was the former. It should be a fairly decent match-up every year once we get our act together. But, here's what our OC Jagodzinski had to say a while back. 05-stirthepot

It's incredibly easy to plan for. The planning isn't the problem. Preparing for the speed of execution and getting your defenders to execute properly is much more difficult.
10-04-2013 03:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.