Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: NYC Road rage and what'd you've done
Bookmark and Share
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
OT: NYC Road rage and what'd you've done

I saw this and was effing stunned that this happened and there was no police to interfere. But that douchebag biker got what he asked for. What would you have done if you were that Rover driver? I would have fled after hitting them and gone straight to a police station.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 09:27 PM by 12thmonarch.)
10-02-2013 09:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: OT: NYC Road rage and what'd you've done
Saw that tonight...CRAZY STUFF.
10-02-2013 10:36 PM
BhamSnap Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
Yeah I had heard about that. When that number of bikes are together group mentality can start to happen. Like it said in the video they were wanting to do stunts, etc on a highway. Besides speed limits, most highways have minimum speeds, and the bikers clearly violated that so they could show off. That is what started the incident, the motorcycle braking when not needed to try and stop all traffic on the highway so they could do what they want to.

I hope to see the police start to have more motorcycles on the street to monitor and ride with these groups when things are planned in every major city and state.
10-02-2013 11:37 PM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
The dude had his infant child and wife with him, yet these bikers want to put everyone's life in danger? I think most bikers would agree that the biker was in the wrong.

I drive a Silverado(5.3) on 33's with a leveling kit... so it's a couple of inches higher than that range rover... I would've made mush out of anyone trying to harm my family. My girlfriend actually had one of those rovers before she got a new car... have to say the acceleration on those things very are slow. I would've felt more comfortable maneuvering in my truck. Any bike is going to accel 100X faster, but I would've had a slight advantage on the rover..
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 12:26 AM by ncbeta.)
10-03-2013 12:24 AM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
These bikers mostly are douchebags and are like dying to hog the entire road as well as attention of the other passengers and drivers on the road like a teenage girl that being said i have seen a very few good bikers respecting other riders and vehicles on the road as well. This particular group of riders are morons and thugs for endangering a family with a little girl.
10-03-2013 06:08 AM
49erlew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte
Yeah... had I been in that situation, I don't think it would've ended any differently.
10-06-2013 09:04 PM
Advertisement

ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising
[Image: SODlt.gif][Image: FBG1u8l.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 10:27 AM by ECUPirated.)
10-06-2013 09:14 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
Ridiculous. The man in the Rover deserves a lot of credit for being a kind soul and not driving over half of them. I do have to question why the police weren't called. Did neither the husband or wife have a cellphone? The nearly dead guy got what he deserved for being apart of something so stupid, whether he was trying to break things up or not.
10-06-2013 09:25 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

If you are stupid enough to get on a murdercyle you are just about asking for whatever dangers come to you from other motorist. Especially if you are doing stupid crap like this.

I probably wouldn't have ran anyone over until it was clear they were going to get in my car then I would have gassed it. He's pretty fortunate they didn't beat him to death too.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 12:31 AM by StillJonesing.)
10-07-2013 12:23 AM
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

I Root For: nothing
(10-06-2013 09:25 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Ridiculous. The man in the Rover deserves a lot of credit for being a kind soul and not driving over half of them. I do have to question why the police weren't called. Did neither the husband or wife have a cellphone? The nearly dead guy got what he deserved for being apart of something so stupid, whether he was trying to break things up or not.

They called the police three times during the incident. There were also over 200 calls to police reporting on these bikers prior to the incident. And to make matters worse there were FIVE cops riding with these thugs, one even watched everything unfold and did NOTHING. NYPD at its best.
10-07-2013 12:26 PM
Greg H Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Herd
Word is, there was an undercover cop riding with the guys on the bikes. That he didn't do something should be criminal.

Also, I have one thing to say: Glock 27.
10-07-2013 12:35 PM
Advertisement

randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
A bunch of douchebags. I can't believe the wife and brother are defending the actions of the bikers
10-07-2013 12:49 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-07-2013 12:35 PM)Greg H Wrote:  Also, I have one thing to say: Glock 27.

You think some of them weren't packing and wouldn't start firing back? You want bullets potentially flying around your wife and kid who otherwise weren't harmed? Potientally from multiple directions and people. Go that route and you might have got a bullet in your head rather than a beating. You pull guns and you only esculate the situation the majority of the time. Everyone here made it out alive at least. The only person seriously injuried were one of the bikers from the sounds of it and he wasn't even attacking anyone.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 01:01 PM by StillJonesing.)
10-07-2013 12:59 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

If that had been me, when the dude started swinging his helmet at the window I would have floored it in reverse.
10-07-2013 01:04 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

It said they were attacking his car. I understand fear can overcome you in that situation but I do think it was pretty reckless just to mow over the bikers ahead of him with a range rover.

Whatever attacking of his car they had done obviously they hadn't busted his windows at that point and I doubt they had tried to open his door either at that point because they did that later on he he still hadn't locked it. That's like the first thing you would do if someone had already tried to get in and had done after they did.

He really didn't have to peal out of there at the rate he did and run over the biker if you want to be honest about it regardless if they were damaging his car, that' what really got the mob pissed off and more agressive. The mob was in the wrong for being a mob but the guys actions stepped it up too and made it worse for himself IMO the way he ran the guy over. He pretty much floored it.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 01:18 PM by StillJonesing.)
10-07-2013 01:13 PM
MichealBond Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU and AAC
I"m fairly conservative when it comes to driving, so I feel like I would have slowed down enough that all of these bikes would have no choice but to go past me. (5-10 mph under the speed limit). I've seen enough bikers on the road to know to be cautious whenever one is around, let alone a huge group.

I don't understand what the guy driving the bike that caused all this was doing...From the video, he could clearly tell that the man was driving his SUV directly behind him...It almost seemed intentional. Like he saw a guy with a nice car and thought that he could squeeze some money out of the driver. The two of them could "handle it" without calling insurance companies, waiting for the police, etc. I"m guessing the driver didn't think that 20 other bikers would swarm after the car stopped.
10-07-2013 01:26 PM
Advertisement

randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
well, this isn't the entire video of what happened. The bikers had been surrounding his vehicle for several minutes, acting aggressive prior to him running the bikes over.

I don't know why the driver of the range rover decided to pull off the highway in the first place, that was a mistake as he got stuck in traffic
10-07-2013 01:29 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-07-2013 01:26 PM)MichealBond Wrote:  I"m fairly conservative when it comes to driving, so I feel like I would have slowed down enough that all of these bikes would have no choice but to go past me. (5-10 mph under the speed limit). I've seen enough bikers on the road to know to be cautious whenever one is around, let alone a huge group.

Bingo. I always give bikes several car lengths space more just incase they fall or stop real quick like they can. If they are stupid enough to ride something risky like that I probably shouldn't even care if they don't care about their life anymore than that but a I do. I had a friend killed on one in high school.

Even when they were attacking his car if he had just let them and he hadn't mowed the guy down it probably wouldn't have went much farther than a few dents in the land rover. I'd much rather them beat on my car than my head.

You can't fight 50 people and In a situation like that it would have been better letting them do the damage and hopefully move on. When he ran the guy over is when it appeared it got really bad and trying to get in the car, and he's lucky they didn't beat him to death.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 01:51 PM by StillJonesing.)
10-07-2013 01:45 PM
NCowl Offline
Go Owls!

I Root For: FAU
The motorcyclist that got paralyzed, love how his family is attacking the Land Rover Driver like it was all his fault.

This gang of bikers were careless, reckless and antagonizing all other motorists. It sucks he had to get severely hurt as he did, but groups of these type people feel more invincible when in these peer groups. And of course when the guy got hit, tempers flared and they reacted. Though most of them probably would of not reacted the same way if they were not in this gang "support group." The Driver getting beaten and probably killed if the bystander didn't step in is crazy, and they opened the wife's door and someone was about to attack her too, just sick! All because of their illwill on others causing disturbances all over the city for a little bit of "FUN!"

I hope they can arrest more of them, I know it is hard being most of them with helmets on and no registration tags on their bikes. I have nothing against bikers, lot of my friends bike here in the mountains, but this gang like activity was a nuisance and meant to tick people off.

Hope the LR driver recovers well, and the hurt biker gets NOTHING, it's his own stupid ass fault!
10-08-2013 07:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EpicNiner Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte
My father-in-law's best friend (guy might as well be an uncle to me) loves to ride his motorcycle but refuses to ride in large groups like this. He says this type of mentality, thinking you own the road and purposely messing with other vehicles, is common when bikers are in such large groups.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 08:26 AM by EpicNiner.)
10-08-2013 08:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.