Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

'Cuse-Clemson 3:30pm ABC/ESPN2
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
Exclamation 'Cuse-Clemson 3:30pm ABC/ESPN2
First Syracuse ACC game is 6 days away! It will be on ABC or ESPN2 depending on your region. 04-cheers

Past two seasons Syracuse has had big upsets at home. Good news for Clemson is that both teams went on to win BCS bowls. 03-wink

49 - 23, #11 West Virginia

45 - 26, #9 Louisville

? - ?, #3 Clemson

03-woohoo
09-28-2013 11:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
RE: 'Cuse-Clemson 3:30pm ABC/ESPN2
I don't think so, this is Clemson's year.
09-28-2013 11:53 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(09-28-2013 11:53 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  I don't think so, this is Clemson's year.

...and on a completely unrelated note, I encourage them to have a pre-game snack at the Dino and order chicken.
09-29-2013 02:15 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(09-29-2013 02:15 AM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(09-28-2013 11:53 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  I don't think so, this is Clemson's year.

...and on a completely unrelated note, I encourage them to have a pre-game snack at the Dino and order chicken.

If you're going for salmonella, why not recommend a raw-egg shake?
09-29-2013 09:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(09-29-2013 09:27 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(09-29-2013 02:15 AM)nzmorange Wrote:  

If you're going for salmonella, why not recommend a raw-egg shake?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm being subtle, Secret Orange Fan Mark.
03-shhhh
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 11:21 AM by nzmorange.)
09-29-2013 11:20 AM
Chris02M Offline
1st String

I Root For: syracuse
way ticket sales are going its going to loud as ever and its supposed to be a warm day in Syracuse =very hot and humid in the dome when coach shafer locks the doors
09-30-2013 07:18 PM
Advertisement

Chris02M Offline
1st String

we will have to win the game on offense as I see no way we hold them to under 24
09-30-2013 07:19 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(09-30-2013 07:19 PM)Chris02M Wrote:  we will have to win the game on offense as I see no way we hold them to under 42

FIFY. Dyslexia stinks!
09-30-2013 07:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(09-30-2013 07:18 PM)Chris02M Wrote:  way ticket sales are going its going to loud as ever and its supposed to be a warm day in Syracuse =very hot and humid in the dome when coach shafer locks the doors

We deal with heat and humidity nine months out of the year and purposely didn't put A/C in our indoor facility so while it may have effect on the teams you are used to up north we will probably find it fairly comfortable. One of our biggest advantages the past two years has been the fact that due to our offense we have been able to out-condition other teams, including LSU and UGA.
09-30-2013 08:25 PM
Otacon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: West Virginia
Syracuse by ten.... You heard it here first
09-30-2013 09:41 PM
unghadd Offline
Water Engineer

(09-30-2013 09:41 PM)Otacon Wrote:  Syracuse by ten.... You heard it here first

If Hunt plays well, they can keep the Clemson offense on the sideline. Their D doesn't scare me one bit. 'Cuse is known for pulling rabbits out of their hat, so maybe a little magic can happen. If the dome is at max capacity, which it will be, it will be defining. The loud house will rocking.
10-01-2013 09:19 AM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
ive been predicting this since 8 months

when i saw it was clemson at home as our first ACC opponent i doubled down on that bet and when the season started i doubled down on that again because

1. we look terrible. they will come in expecting the likes of some mid major and blow off their preparation of us. the NW game sure didnt help. the clemson coach is actually on the record stating he doesnt even know where syracuse is. thats how much they overlook us

2. we play our best in our home state. the loud house is a great atmosphere and for a program that has never experienced it before will underestimate this as well

3. we have shut down high profile offenses and top teams before. wvu back to back & LV last year. our defense can roll with the best of em.

4. we have a RB core that has the likes of which the ACC has never faced before. no ACC team is as run based or can cycle RBs like the way that we can. its a style of play that the ACC is not prepared for nor is it easy for a speed defense to contain.

5. we have a bye week before the game. clemson does not
10-01-2013 01:40 PM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

(10-01-2013 02:11 PM)KnightChris Wrote:  
(09-28-2013 11:36 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  First Syracuse ACC game is 6 days away! It will be on ABC or ESPN2 depending on your region. 04-cheers

Is there one of those cool coverage maps available? Curious who gets what game where.

Coverage maps usually posted on Thursday on ESPN.com
10-01-2013 02:54 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
I'm predicting that all this loud barking from several SU fans will come back to bite them in the behind.
10-01-2013 03:02 PM
Kaplony Offline

This is futile, as you have shown time after time on the CR board that your ignorance knows no bounds, but here goes...

(10-01-2013 01:40 PM)john01992 Wrote:  1. we look terrible. they will come in expecting the likes of some mid major and blow off their preparation of us. the NW game sure didnt help. the clemson coach is actually on the record stating he doesnt even know where syracuse is. thats how much they overlook us
This team's motto is "a nameless, faceless opponent" they prepared the same for Wake Forest and SC State as they did Georgia and NC State. From every player anc coach interview they are very familiar with the Syracuse team as they mentioned specific players and styles. And Dabo doesn't have to know where Syracuse is. Last time I checked he wasn't flying the plane or driving the bus.

Quote:2. we play our best in our home state. the loud house is a great atmosphere and for a program that has never experienced it before will underestimate this as well

We play @ FSU & @ South Carolina every other year , have played @ Auburn, @ VT and against both Auburn and LSU in the Georgia Dome in recent years. Trust me when I tell you we are very familiar with loud environments. We will not awed by crowd noise like most of your opponents. This ain't our first rodeo by no means.

Quote:3. we have shut down high profile offenses and top teams before. wvu back to back & LV last year. our defense can roll with the best of em.

That's great. We have won 14 straight against teams ranked lower than us, and we have won our last two dome games. What does everything posted by you and me mean for the game Saturday? Absolutely nothing.

Quote:4. we have a RB core that has the likes of which the ACC has never faced before. no ACC team is as run based or can cycle RBs like the way that we can. its a style of play that the ACC is not prepared for nor is it easy for a speed defense to contain
Wow. Where to begin here?

#1 Clemson has already faced a better RB Corps this year and beat them. Georgia's Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall alone outgain your entire RB corps.

#2 There are five ACC teams with more rushes per game than your "no ACC team is as run based" team including Clemson. However that was just piling on because to counter this completely ignorant, uninformed statement was simply point at Georgia Tech.

#3 If you think Clemson is just a speedy defense it's even more obvious that you have no idea WTF you are talking about. Our DL is slightly undersixed, but our linebackers make yours look like DBs as the clemson starters outweigh the Syracuse starters by an average of 15 pounds a man. When it gets to the second team and y'all roll out a couple of 200lbers the mismatch gets closer to 25lbs a man. Our linebackers can both fly to the ball and bring the wood.
10-01-2013 03:14 PM
john01992 Offline

(10-01-2013 03:14 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  This is futile, as you have shown time after time on the CR board that your ignorance knows no bounds, but here goes...

(10-01-2013 01:40 PM)john01992 Wrote:  1. we look terrible. they will come in expecting the likes of some mid major and blow off their preparation of us. the NW game sure didnt help. the clemson coach is actually on the record stating he doesnt even know where syracuse is. thats how much they overlook us
This team's motto is "a nameless, faceless opponent" they prepared the same for Wake Forest and SC State as they did Georgia and NC State. From every player anc coach interview they are very familiar with the Syracuse team as they mentioned specific players and styles. And Dabo doesn't have to know where Syracuse is. Last time I checked he wasn't flying the plane or driving the bus.

Quote:2. we play our best in our home state. the loud house is a great atmosphere and for a program that has never experienced it before will underestimate this as well

We play @ FSU & @ South Carolina every other year , have played @ Auburn, @ VT and against both Auburn and LSU in the Georgia Dome in recent years. Trust me when I tell you we are very familiar with loud environments. We will not awed by crowd noise like most of your opponents. This ain't our first rodeo by no means.

Quote:3. we have shut down high profile offenses and top teams before. wvu back to back & LV last year. our defense can roll with the best of em.

That's great. We have won 14 straight against teams ranked lower than us, and we have won our last two dome games. What does everything posted by you and me mean for the game Saturday? Absolutely nothing.

Quote:4. we have a RB core that has the likes of which the ACC has never faced before. no ACC team is as run based or can cycle RBs like the way that we can. its a style of play that the ACC is not prepared for nor is it easy for a speed defense to contain
Wow. Where to begin here?

#1 Clemson has already faced a better RB Corps this year and beat them. Georgia's Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall alone outgain your entire RB corps.

#2 There are five ACC teams with more rushes per game than your "no ACC team is as run based" team including Clemson. However that was just piling on because to counter this completely ignorant, uninformed statement was simply point at Georgia Tech.

#3 If you think Clemson is just a speedy defense it's even more obvious that you have no idea WTF you are talking about. Our DL is slightly undersixed, but our linebackers make yours look like DBs as the clemson starters outweigh the Syracuse starters by an average of 15 pounds a man. When it gets to the second team and y'all roll out a couple of 200lbers the mismatch gets closer to 25lbs a man. Our linebackers can both fly to the ball and bring the wood.

there were 2 ACC RBs who were named to the maxwell watch list. one was from miami. the other from syracuse. we have returned 2 senior RBs who combined for 2000 yards last season. we have had a 1000 yard rusher in each of the last 5 seasons. our RB core goes 3 deep and we can cycle them like no other. our issue this season so far has been offensive with the new QB and coach. however i can guarantee that our run game will kick off as usual and if put in a situation where we need the RBs to carry the team we will be fine. its not a question of whose more run based (cuz hunts very good as well) but who can pound the run and syracuse can do that

like i said early. no ACC defense will face a team like syracuse whose as capable of running the ball down your throat.

our run game will get going sooner or later and our passing game can hold its own as well
10-01-2013 03:36 PM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline

its not a question of familiarity but unexpectedness. clemson is gonna walk into the dome thinking they are playing the likes of purdue
10-01-2013 03:38 PM
john01992 Offline

(10-01-2013 03:02 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  I'm predicting that all this loud barking from several SU fans will come back to bite them in the behind.

oh i will get myself banned by then and wont be around to take crow

03-wink
10-01-2013 03:38 PM
Kaplony Offline

(10-01-2013 03:36 PM)john01992 Wrote:  there were 2 ACC RBs who were named to the maxwell watch list. one was from miami. the other from syracuse. we have returned 2 senior RBs who combined for 2000 yards last season. we have had a 1000 yard rusher in each of the last 5 seasons. our RB core goes 3 deep and we can cycle them like no other. our issue this season so far has been offensive with the new QB and coach. however i can guarantee that our run game will kick off as usual and if put in a situation where we need the RBs to carry the team we will be fine. its not a question of whose more run based (cuz hunts very good as well) but who can pound the run and syracuse can do that

like i said early. no ACC defense will face a team like syracuse whose as capable of running the ball down your throat.

our run game will get going sooner or later and our passing game can hold its own as well

That's well and good but the only teams in the COUNTRY that even comes anywhere close enough to being considered more run oriented than Georgia Tech would be the three service academies. It shows your considerable ignorance for you to not only claim, but continue to claim that Syracuse is the most run oriented team in the ACC when everybody on this board knows that is a complete and total fabrication of the truth.

As for your RB being on a preseason list and what you did last year.....it means nothing. Preseason lists are filled with players who either had big seasons the year before, or showed flashes of promise. By the midseason those lists get whittled down because players don't live up to the hype for any number of factors.

The OC that ran the offense last year is currently working in Orchard Park, not Syracuse. You have a different OC who has different ideas and no matter how much they might say "We aren't changing the system", it does indeed change when you change coordinators unless the HC is really in charge.

That offense also had a QB and a WR that people had to account for on every play, thus helping open up the running game. You also had two very solid linemen that aren't there anymore. Essentially with the changes you had in the offseason what you did last year matters only slightly more than what you did in 1943.
10-01-2013 04:25 PM
Chris02M Offline
1st String

(10-01-2013 04:25 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 03:36 PM)john01992 Wrote:  there were 2 ACC RBs who were named to the maxwell watch list. one was from miami. the other from syracuse. we have returned 2 senior RBs who combined for 2000 yards last season. we have had a 1000 yard rusher in each of the last 5 seasons. our RB core goes 3 deep and we can cycle them like no other. our issue this season so far has been offensive with the new QB and coach. however i can guarantee that our run game will kick off as usual and if put in a situation where we need the RBs to carry the team we will be fine. its not a question of whose more run based (cuz hunts very good as well) but who can pound the run and syracuse can do that

That's well and good but the only teams in the COUNTRY that even comes anywhere close enough to being considered more run oriented than Georgia Tech would be the three service academies. It shows your considerable ignorance for you to not only claim, but continue to claim that Syracuse is the most run oriented team in the ACC when everybody on this board knows that is a complete and total fabrication of the truth.

As for your RB being on a preseason list and what you did last year.....it means nothing. Preseason lists are filled with players who either had big seasons the year before, or showed flashes of promise. By the midseason those lists get whittled down because players don't live up to the hype for any number of factors.

The OC that ran the offense last year is currently working in Orchard Park, not Syracuse. You have a different OC who has different ideas and no matter how much they might say "We aren't changing the system", it does indeed change when you change coordinators unless the HC is really in charge.

That offense also had a QB and a WR that people had to account for on every play, thus helping open up the running game. You also had two very solid linemen that aren't there anymore. Essentially with the changes you had in the offseason what you did last year matters only slightly more than what you did in 1943.

its going to be a difficult game on defense for us no question. Offensively is where the game will have to be 1 with lots of possession and points.Its more the unfamiliar atmosphere of playing in the carrier dome for the 1st time. Read one of your lineman thinks were playing at metlife stadium hopefully he doesn't get lost on the way.
10-01-2013 09:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.