Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

5-0 with the win over Stony Brook
Bookmark and Share
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
5-0 with the win over Stony Brook
Towson Tigers, 5-0 with a 35-21 win over Stony Brook. Well done, gentlemen. I am happy that my prediction for your season was wrong. A win over Marcus Coker and co. sure must be vindicating at this point in the season. I tip my hat to you all.
09-28-2013 09:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerNation82 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Towson
RE: 5-0 with the win over Stony Brook
(09-28-2013 09:23 PM)CameramanJ Wrote:  Towson Tigers, 5-0 with a 35-21 win over Stony Brook. Well done, gentlemen. I am happy that my prediction for your season was wrong. A win over Marcus Coker and co. sure must be vindicating at this point in the season. I tip my hat to you all.

Well, Coker was not a factor as he is injured, but a win is a win. Good to be tested but need to play a more complete game against better opponents. The road gets real at home next week vs Nova.
09-28-2013 10:04 PM
LoneStar Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Towson State
(09-28-2013 09:23 PM)CameramanJ Wrote:  Towson Tigers, 5-0 with a 35-21 win over Stony Brook. Well done, gentlemen. I am happy that my prediction for your season was wrong. A win over Marcus Coker and co. sure must be vindicating at this point in the season. I tip my hat to you all.

I agree with your earlier assessment of this being one team that would give us trouble. They play a very physical style which is similar to ours, ball control and long drives which kept our offense off the field much in the 1st half. The big difference seems to be their passing attack, and if a team gets up big on them forcing them to throw they struggle in that area. I can see how the Nova score was very misleading.

Good thing is we may not face another team with that style offense again until the playoffs. UNH and Nova run more of a finesse style offense and lots of tricks and gimmicks which we all know how that worked against us last year. Keep in mind Nova only scored one TD on BC with their offense the other came on a trick play.

Nonetheless, make no mistake about it....these next two weeks are payback time for the 2012 playoffs! Against UNH I would run every single play and force them to stop us, play angry and physically beat these next two teams up!
09-29-2013 09:13 AM
Advertisement

mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Towson
(09-29-2013 09:13 AM)LoneStar Wrote:  

I agree with your earlier assessment of this being one team that would give us trouble. They play a very physical style which is similar to ours, ball control and long drives which kept our offense off the field much in the 1st half. The big difference seems to be their passing attack, and if a team gets up big on them forcing them to throw they struggle in that area. I can see how the Nova score was very misleading.

Good thing is we may not face another team with that style offense again until the playoffs. UNH and Nova run more of a finesse style offense and lots of tricks and gimmicks which we all know how that worked against us last year. Keep in mind Nova only scored one TD on BC with their offense the other came on a trick play.

Nonetheless, make no mistake about it....these next two weeks are payback time for the 2012 playoffs! Against UNH I would run every single play and force them to stop us, play angry and physically beat these next two teams up!

They physically dominated us on both lines for most of the game and if they had Coker, they might have won. They do have a good back in Poteat, the transfer from Cincy. Just disappointed in the D-line play and well Athens has to play better for us to move on.

Definitely some concerns at QB, DE, and OLB. Delaire is a great pass rusher they were running off the edge big time. Dunston playing out of position at times looks like a fish out of water. The Barr injury is big one. I was impressed with SBrook but that's the same team that lost 35-6 to Villanova.

But just need to keep finding ways to win. Nine straight.
09-29-2013 07:13 PM
LoneStar Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Towson State
Nova looks like the same team we played last year, they caught Stony Brook the week after a 4OT game against Buffalo and had two weeks to prepare. I believe in style match ups, and unless we are turning the football over I'll take a power offense over a finesse offense every time. Stony brook runs a power type game like we do, remember they were rated high early on for a reason, they are just snake bitten with injuries early on and if teams don't respect them they could easily be on the losing end.

As for UNH ...it's payback time! I just don't buy into teams that have to rely on deception and a bag of tricks to beat a team that is going to run it down the other teams throat until the defense taps out. A defensive player looks at playing a finesse team as a day off opposed to a power running game where the LB's and DB's have to come up play after play tackling the Beastie Boys! Personally, I think Nova has their hands full with the Tribe this week.

Remember, it wasn't long ago that we were the finesse team, running nine bubble screens a game. The General changed the DNA of the team and now these defenses that are used to practicing against a spread option and gadget plays have a very long day ahead of them and quite frankly IMHO they aren't prepared to do this since it seems everyone moved to the pass oriented offense.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 07:59 PM by LoneStar.)
09-29-2013 07:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.