Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Finally A Break! - Pitt Assistant Rohrssen To Manhattan
Bookmark and Share
bcatwilly Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Finally A Break! - Pitt Assistant Rohrssen To Manhattan
It sounds like Pitt assistant Barry Rohrssen may be named the coach at Manhattan early next week, let's get Tyler Smith in here 04-rock

04-22-2006 08:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bcatwilly Offline
1st String

I Root For:

04-22-2006 08:49 AM
TheNatti Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Great news. There are still other teams in the mix for him though.

04-22-2006 08:58 AM
Advertisement

bcatwilly Offline
1st String

I Root For:

TheNatti Wrote:Great news. There are still other teams in the mix for him though.

Yes, but guys like Dave Telep had been saying that this happening could very well result in Tyler Smith at least visiting UC, so get on the phone Mick ;-)

04-22-2006 08:59 AM
Kenyon#4 Away
Retired

I Root For: Bearcats

If true, it helps. From what I understand he wants to stay in the east, so that would make Iowa less likely. It seems he wasn't overwhelmed with Kentucky either.

If Rohrssen gets the job my guess would be it's between UC and Memphis.

04-22-2006 09:08 AM
Advertisement

bcatwilly Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Kenyon#4 Wrote:If true, it helps. From what I understand he wants to stay in the east, so that would make Iowa less likely. It seems he wasn't overwhelmed with Kentucky either.

If Rohrssen gets the job my guess would be it's between UC and Memphis.

UC would be a great fit for him IMO. He is a "highlight reel waiting to happen" from what I have heard, and Mick is definitely getting some athletic guys in here. He would start right away in the Big East too.

04-22-2006 09:10 AM
Bearcatfan4life Offline
All American

I Root For:

This could be HUGE news. The guy at the UC Rivals site, who is from Pittsburgh, was saying all week that no way Rohrssen would leave Pitt, and that Tyler was just waiting for it it to become official, and then he would sign with Pitt. Shows how much you can believe rumors, sometimes. He is now saying, if this is true, that UC is immediately in his top 3. It certaintly wouldn't be a cinch, but if Pitt is out of the picture, I think UC has as good a chance as anybody to land Smith.

04-22-2006 12:45 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

Bearcatfan4life Wrote:This could be HUGE news. The guy at the UC Rivals site, who is from Pittsburgh, was saying all week that no way Rohrssen would leave Pitt, and that Tyler was just waiting for it it to become official, and then he would sign with Pitt. Shows how much you can believe rumors, sometimes. He is now saying, if this is true, that UC is immediately in his top 3. It certaintly wouldn't be a cinch, but if Pitt is out of the picture, I think UC has as good a chance as anybody to land Smith.

I hope you're right here....I'm happy with the players we have signed so far (very happy) but we still need one or two "big ones" like Smith or Harvey......IMO. If Mick can pull off signing a couple of big ones, with what we have already, we may end up being pretty good next year......

04-22-2006 04:32 PM
tmac_wildcat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

How come they don't even have Tyler Smith being recruited by UC on Rivals.com

04-22-2006 10:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bcatwilly Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Looks like Barry is gone per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today, interesting to see whether Cronin can get Tyler Smith on campus at least now.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06113/684454-175.stm

04-23-2006 09:16 AM
50Cent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

tmac_bearcat Wrote:How come they don't even have Tyler Smith being recruited by UC on Rivals.com

cause they are too busy listing guys like oscar robertson as potential assistant coaches.

that site is a joke when it comes to uc

04-23-2006 10:21 AM
oleskl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Donators

I haven't seen much mention of UC from Tyler Smith directly. He's been repeating the same top 3 for weeks now.

It's hard to automatically update a kids list everytime a new school starts getting a slight interest from him.

04-23-2006 11:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.