Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC as a rigged as NASCAR
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
ACC as a rigged as NASCAR
It is obvuios that The ACC through their officials protected Clemson in the game against NCSU tonight to insure that their top ranked team remained undefeated. "Is as rigged". A one point lead in third quarter turned into a 13 point deficient for NCSU when the official called back a touch down that changed the momentum of the came. This is the 3rd Thursday night game this year influenced by bad officiating.

It's getting old.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013 09:14 PM by Rabonchild.)
09-19-2013 09:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: ACC as a rigged as NASCAR
(09-19-2013 09:08 PM)Rabonchild Wrote:  It is obvuios that The ACC through their officials protected Clemson in the game against NCSU tonight to insure that their top ranked team remained undefeated. "Is as rigged". A one point lead in third quarter turned into a 13 point deficient for NCSU when the official called back a touch down that changed the momentum of the came. This is the 3rd Thursday night game this year influenced by bad officiating.

It's getting old.

Yep, and the thing that ticks me off is that they will review the most obvious plays and spend oodles of time doing it, but they couldn't wait to push the next play on what will most likely be the biggest turning point in the contest. Just a little time spent on a review would have shown that he never stepped out of bounds. But, they didn't even bother, on a scoring play, to look at it. Unbelievable! And I'm referring to their apology that they missed it, which the officiating booth has made before the end of the game. Oops, my bad, I threw the game, oh well, so sorry. I guess there's nothing we can do about it now!
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013 10:37 PM by JRsec.)
09-19-2013 09:20 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
they learn from the pac12
09-19-2013 09:43 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
It was just the law of averages. After 60 years of getting screwed by ACC officials in every way possible we were bound to benefit from one sometime.

But fret you not, I would not be surprised if Old Tarheel Johnny himself wasn't burning up the road to get to Carter-Finley to fire the crew for making a mistake that worked in Clemson's favor over someone from Tobacco Road.
09-19-2013 10:17 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(09-19-2013 10:17 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  It was just the law of averages. After 60 years of getting screwed by ACC officials in every way possible we were bound to benefit from one sometime.

But fret you not, I would not be surprised if Old Tarheel Johnny himself wasn't burning up the road to get to Carter-Finley to fire the crew for making a mistake that worked in Clemson's favor over someone from Tobacco Road.

Hey, nothing against the Tigers, but what the heck does replay exist for if not a call like this one. I get so tired of looking at 30 angles of whether a guy had some minor body part touch the ground before the end zone line is crossed on a play where he clearly got his body and ball across the line, but on a play that is just that close we rush to the next play? It's pathetic. But after the missed extra point at the Syracuse / Toledo game a year ago where they reviewed a clearly missed extra point and called it good I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Kaplony is Syracuse bringing their Big East officials to the ACC? Better watch out.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013 10:28 PM by JRsec.)
09-19-2013 10:27 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
[Image: no-whiners_design.png]
09-19-2013 10:31 PM
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
Yep, welcome to the knowledge that everyone else already knows. @Wilkie... just wait till it's your turn to be on the wrong side of the ACC's whistle. I can't freakin wait for us to go to UNC next week and State later on.... oh wait, yes I can...
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013 10:37 PM by ncbeta.)
09-19-2013 10:34 PM
Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
(09-19-2013 10:27 PM)JRsec Wrote:  I get so tired of looking at 30 angles of whether a guy had some minor body part touch the ground before the end zone line is crossed on a play where he clearly got his body and ball across the line, but on a play that is just that close we rush to the next play?

Is the problem the rules on the use of replay?

From the AP recap:

Quote:officials ruled Underwood stepped on the sideline at the Clemson 47 and blew the play dead, making it an unreviewable play -- TV replays appeared to show him remaining inbounds -- that led to boos raining down from the Carter-Finley Stadium stands.
09-19-2013 10:45 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Wisconsin and the media are still whining about the Arizona State game.

If you're one of the "chosen", it's ok to whine. NC State evidently isn't one of the chosen FB programs, so they need to sit down and shut up.
09-19-2013 10:49 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(09-19-2013 10:45 PM)Wedge Wrote:  
(09-19-2013 10:27 PM)JRsec Wrote:  I get so tired of looking at 30 angles of whether a guy had some minor body part touch the ground before the end zone line is crossed on a play where he clearly got his body and ball across the line, but on a play that is just that close we rush to the next play?

From the AP recap:

Quote:officials ruled Underwood stepped on the sideline at the Clemson 47 and blew the play dead, making it an unreviewable play -- TV replays appeared to show him remaining inbounds -- that led to boos raining down from the Carter-Finley Stadium stands.

The ESPN crew never pointed that out, at least not that I heard and I didn't leave the room. But, it would explain why there was no review. But to take exception to the wording above, the replay didn't appear to show that he remained in bounds. The replay showed that he remained in bounds. There's a difference. This was just a bad call all the way around as officials are supposed to mark the spot with their hat on close calls and continue the play until it can be replayed to make sure. Either way the zebras accounted for what turned into a 14 point swing in a 12 point game.
09-19-2013 10:56 PM
Kaplony Offline

(09-19-2013 10:27 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Kaplony is Syracuse bringing their Big East officials to the ACC? Better watch out.

Big East officials would be a step up because there are no officials worse than the ACC. Remember that the ACC has not only kept Ron Cherry as an official, he typically gets the high profile games.

The ACC....where you had a referee named Rosie Amato. Nothing against the name, but who thought it would be a good idea to hire the brother of one of your head coaches as an official? "But we do not allow him to work NC State games so there is no bias" was the official word from the ACC, but nobody would answer the question "What about the potential to effect other games to benefit the Pack. One year when Rivers was still with the Pack and Tommy Bowden hadn't had his patented collapse yet we had the upper hand over NC State in the standings. I feel pretty sure that Amato had to both have shoulder replacement surgery and replace his flag where it wore out from hitting the ground. I coached a couple years ago with a player on that team and he said that was the closest he ever saw Tommy Bowden to becoming completely unglued on the sidelines. He said he literally thought Bowden was going to go Incredible Hulk and start smashing everything.
09-19-2013 11:02 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(09-19-2013 11:02 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(09-19-2013 10:27 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Kaplony is Syracuse bringing their Big East officials to the ACC? Better watch out.

Big East officials would be a step up because there are no officials worse than the ACC. Remember that the ACC has not only kept Ron Cherry as an official, he typically gets the high profile games.

The ACC....where you had a referee named Rosie Amato. Nothing against the name, but who thought it would be a good idea to hire the brother of one of your head coaches as an official? "But we do not allow him to work NC State games so there is no bias" was the official word from the ACC, but nobody would answer the question "What about the potential to effect other games to benefit the Pack. One year when Rivers was still with the Pack and Tommy Bowden hadn't had his patented collapse yet we had the upper hand over NC State in the standings. I feel pretty sure that Amato had to both have shoulder replacement surgery and replace his flag where it wore out from hitting the ground. I coached a couple years ago with a player on that team and he said that was the closest he ever saw Tommy Bowden to becoming completely unglued on the sidelines. He said he literally thought Bowden was going to go Incredible Hulk and start smashing everything.

The SEC officials aren't perfect, and there is one group that is less capable than the others, but for the most part I've never had any complaints. We are fortunate in that regard. I can't conceive of allowing a coaches brother to officiate league games.
09-19-2013 11:10 PM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
Quit whining, nobody got more screwed by corrupt homer refs than Toledo. See for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asz-sof4UoU
09-19-2013 11:30 PM
Kaplony Offline

(09-19-2013 11:10 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

The SEC officials aren't perfect, and there is one group that is less capable than the others, but for the most part I've never had any complaints. We are fortunate in that regard. I can't conceive of allowing a coaches brother to officiate league games.

We look forward to having visiting officials call games.

Think about that for a minute.

Like I said, I don't chalk this up to the ACC trying to benefit Clemson, I chalk it up to the law of averages at work after 60 years of screw jobs.
09-19-2013 11:33 PM
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
(09-19-2013 11:33 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(09-19-2013 11:10 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

We look forward to having visiting officials call games.

Think about that for a minute.

Like I said, I don't chalk this up to the ACC trying to benefit Clemson, I chalk it up to the law of averages at work after 60 years of screw jobs.

I chalk it up to the ACC making sure they keep a team in the top 5
09-20-2013 12:19 AM
theSabanator20 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Alabama
Any referee in college football or the NFL should know that you always let a play go when it's in the sidelines and THEN review it. Poor NC State. They were gonna take the lead too. Screw Clemson, they'll lose to Maryland anyway... Bet on it.
09-20-2013 12:47 AM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
By the way, here's the video of the NCSU TD that was called not a TD:

(09-19-2013 10:56 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(09-19-2013 10:45 PM)Wedge Wrote:  

From the AP recap:

The ESPN crew never pointed that out, at least not that I heard and I didn't leave the room. But, it would explain why there was no review. But to take exception to the wording above, the replay didn't appear to show that he remained in bounds. The replay showed that he remained in bounds. There's a difference. This was just a bad call all the way around as officials are supposed to mark the spot with their hat on close calls and continue the play until it can be replayed to make sure. Either way the zebras accounted for what turned into a 14 point swing in a 12 point game.

Now that I think of it, there was an NFL game a few years ago in which the Chargers got hosed on a non-reviewable call due to the official's quick (and mistaken) whistle. It was a bad call, but an even more stupid rule that prevented the use of replay to correct the mistake.

Quote:The crucial call occurred with the Broncos at the Chargers' 1-yard-line in the final minute. Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler dropped back to pass, the ball slipped out of his hands, bounced off the grass and into the arms of Chargers linebacker Tim Dobbins.

Hochuli, a former NFLRA president, ruled it an incomplete pass. Replay ruled it a fumble, but it was spotted at the 10, where the ball hit the ground, and given to Denver because the rules did not permit possession to be awarded to San Diego because the whistle had blown.

Denver went on to score a touchdown and a 2-point conversion to win 39-38.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3594778
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 02:44 AM by Wedge.)
09-20-2013 01:26 AM
allthatyoucantleavebehind Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Penn State
Penn State fans have been lamenting this for years in the Big Ten. We could give you a laundry list of KEY missed calls in our games against the Big 2 (OSU and UM). Heck, those bad calls are probably the reason that Paterno lobbied so hard for instant replay...which the Big Ten eventually adopted...and then the rest of the NCAA followed.

But as NCSt. saw last night...and PSU saw last year against the Legends division front-runner and blue-blood Cornhuskers... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O09IUXNZ_Ws

...sometimes officials have reasons for making the calls they do, inside and outside the replay booth.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 04:27 AM by allthatyoucantleavebehind.)
09-20-2013 03:56 AM
Hokie4Skins Online
All American

I Root For: Ed O'Bannon
Is there a fan base out there that doesn't think the refs are out to get them?
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 04:06 AM by Hokie4Skins.)
09-20-2013 04:06 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Anybody who thinks a group of refs that can have Ron Cherry wearing a white cap is competent is off their rocker. The ACC umps are too blundering to actually throw games. And if the ACC refs were throwing games to help the league, I damn sure want to know what was up with the phantom late hit GT had at home against Notre Dame in '06 on GameDay that cost us and turned the momentum of the game against us.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 05:35 AM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
09-20-2013 04:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.