Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN Bottom 10
Bookmark and Share
Campbell4President Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
ESPN Bottom 10
Only one MAC school in but a couple in waiting...

If those horses don't learn to hold their oars properly, we may have to call some oceanographers in to search through the wreckage. I think the problem with hooves is that you can't get a good grip on the handles.

PJ Fleck stated, "We are the only FBS football program that consulted marine biologists on our depth chart. How elite is that?"

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...iley-cyrus
09-17-2013 09:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ubish Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
RE: ESPN Bottom 10
iowa will be in waiting next week when we beat them again.
09-18-2013 03:51 AM
exCincy Kid Offline
All American

I Root For:
Amazing what a bye week will do for you....Miami went from #5 in bottom Ten to "team in waiting". Now, if we could only get a couple more "bye" weeks instead of having to play (and get creamed again)........
09-18-2013 09:20 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

WMU. Bottom 10. Let's meet for lunch next week.
09-21-2013 01:48 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(09-21-2013 01:48 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  WMU. Bottom 10. Let's meet for lunch next week.

Im afraid that Directional Michigan might return...
09-21-2013 04:38 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
The rest of the MAC had best be wary. As bad as we suck this year, if any of you lose to us, you'll never hear the end of it (and I'll be leading the cheers/jeers).
09-21-2013 04:41 PM
Advertisement

CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
Well, we have the "Saylor," just not the boat.
09-21-2013 04:46 PM
exCincy Kid Offline
All American

I Root For:
Miami will be back in this week, especially if they take note of our pathetic offensive stats YTD..too grisly for me to even relate here.
09-21-2013 08:12 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

*sigh*

5 MAC teams in the Bottom 10 (if you count our MI three-in-one), 3 on the waiting list. Not a banner OOC season in the MAC like last year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...g-shut-out
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013 06:55 PM by Motown Bronco.)
09-24-2013 06:55 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Also includes Temple. MAC is representin'.
09-24-2013 07:05 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
(09-24-2013 06:55 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  *sigh*

5 MAC teams in the Bottom 10 (if you count our MI three-in-one), 3 on the waiting list. Not a banner OOC season in the MAC like last year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...g-shut-out

yikes!
09-24-2013 07:27 PM
Advertisement

exCincy Kid Offline
All American

I Root For:
So far a very, very disappointing year in MAC football...just a couple of mini-highlights and that's about it.
09-24-2013 07:46 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
We don't have the quantity of quality wins that we had last season, wins like OU against Penn State and Kent State against Rutgers really added up. A win for Akron against Michigan for example is something that would help bring us to the level of last year, we just have to hope that our tops teams represent us well in bowl season. I can see that happening, another high ranking for NIU and a plus-0.500 record in bowls would help our reputation a lot (after all, I believe the C-USA had a good bowl record last year despite a pretty crappy season overall).
09-24-2013 08:17 PM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(09-24-2013 07:05 PM)axeme Wrote:  Also includes Temple. MAC is representin'.
The Ol' Big East wooed that mess, the American owns it.

Indeed, if we start counting "associations, past, present and future", the Sunbelt's past and future association with Idaho and NMSU and past association with F_U would also increase their representation in the list.
09-25-2013 05:33 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(09-24-2013 07:46 PM)exCincy Kid Wrote:  So far a very, very disappointing year in MAC football...just a couple of mini-highlights and that's about it.

Some years are like that. This isn't the worst year ever, and some teams are more than respectable.
09-25-2013 07:02 AM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
I know I'm going to get yelled at, but this list is reason #17 for EMU to drop down. Worst 10 teams, I assume worst over-all attendance in all of FBS, probably barely middle ground for an FCS program... Not just this year, it has been a trend for long enough to discuss their departure.
09-25-2013 12:14 PM
Advertisement

HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
(09-25-2013 12:14 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  I know I'm going to get yelled at, but this list is reason #17 for EMU to drop down. Worst 10 teams, I assume worst over-all attendance in all of FBS, probably barely middle ground for an FCS program... Not just this year, it has been a trend for long enough to discuss their departure.

Second that. Hard to argue with the facts. I assume English will be out after this season but short of luring Nick Saban to Michigan I doubt anyone they hire to replace him will do much better. Drawing 8K fans for homecoming tells me no one cares about their program. Enough is enough.

Also to the broader MAC and those that say that the weakness of the bottom of this league doesn't matter. Having this many teams at the bottom is embarrassing no matter how you slice it.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013 12:35 PM by HuskieTap22.)
09-25-2013 12:32 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(09-25-2013 12:14 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  I know I'm going to get yelled at, but this list is reason #17 for EMU to drop down. Worst 10 teams, I assume worst over-all attendance in all of FBS, probably barely middle ground for an FCS program... Not just this year, it has been a trend for long enough to discuss their departure.

Please take this thought to the EMU board and have the 'fun' it will bring... 03-lmfao
09-25-2013 12:36 PM
exCincy Kid Offline
All American

I Root For:
Dr Torch wrote: Some years are like that. This isn't the worst year ever, and some teams are more than respectable.

eCK: Yeah, probably feels worse this year since I'm a Miami grad and we are so woeful....the season feels too long already and it's only going to get worse after the Illini scrape the turf with us in Champaign this weekend.
09-25-2013 01:01 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(09-25-2013 12:32 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  

Second that. Hard to argue with the facts. I assume English will be out after this season but short of luring Nick Saban to Michigan I doubt anyone they hire to replace him will do much better. Drawing 8K fans for homecoming tells me no one cares about their program. Enough is enough.

Also to the broader MAC and those that say that the weakness of the bottom of this league doesn't matter. Having this many teams at the bottom is embarrassing no matter how you slice it.

I don't think anyone here said having so many perform poorly is the reason for the problem. What was said was that its how the *middle* of the conference performs that matters.

Its CMU, WMU, Kent, Buffalo, and Miami stinking it up this season that hurts a lot.

We knew Akron, UMass, and EMU were going to be bad but if the other Michigan schools, UB, and Kent had shown some strength then this would stink a lot less.

THAT BEING SAID.

IT would be nice if EMU decided to be all sports MAC but the conference let the iggles drop football down to FCS. I can't happen while football is a required sport.

EMU is a damn fine Athletic Department but can they ever be competitive when they are literally in the shadow of Michigan?
09-25-2013 01:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.