WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Here Comes the Sun
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Here Comes the Sun
This afternoon, the rain finally stopped at my place and the sun peeked out after 4 straight days and nights of heavy rain. Can you imagine getting an entire year's worth of precip in just a few days? That is what has happened here. One National Weather Service forecaster called the extended rainstorm "Biblical." The flooding is/was unbelievable.

Upon seeing the sun for the first time since last Sunday, I immediately thought of this tune from my youth.

This is an epic disaster in Colorado. 4 confirmed dead and 80 unaccounted for. First responders have not yet reached some towns which were completely cut off from the world since the storm started. Communications are spotty at best, cell service down in many areas, telephone lines also down, bridges and roads washed out for 130 miles along the front range.

While I know that many here would prefer DB and myself gone, I think we made it through. But, it is not over yet. While some waters are starting to recede, more rain predicted for tonight and tomorrow night. Then we dry out next week. I've lived here for 33 years and have never seen anything even remotely like it.

If you are so inclined,say a prayer for the families of those lost and missing and those who lost everything.
09-13-2013 05:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Broncobelt Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
RE: Here Comes the Sun
Glad you guys are high and dry, so to speak.
09-13-2013 05:54 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
^
That's exactly where that came from Mr. Belt.
09-13-2013 06:02 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

Epic Mind Blown
09-13-2013 06:09 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

lol
09-13-2013 06:23 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Folks in Fort Fun being evacuated.

Daughter's friends were evacuated at 2 am with their 2 year old by raft. Lived near the Poudre River. House was eventually covered.

Any of you Coloradans know if the Tesla dealership in downtown Boulder survived?
09-13-2013 08:25 PM
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

As the native Americans say, "white man build by river and drown, Indian settle on hill and stay dry".

"Nestled is the foothills" sounds pretty good out here today.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013 08:39 PM by DesertBronco.)
09-13-2013 08:39 PM
stdatwmu Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Glad you're doing alright.

The photos and video from out that way are pretty insane, to say the least.
09-13-2013 11:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Worse today in Greeley, and out east. Platte is huge and can be a beast, and right now it is.

BTW, thanks std.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013 12:26 PM by DesertBronco.)
09-14-2013 12:28 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

Oh boy. Flash flood warnings down south from Castlewood canyon to the Springs. They've already had 2 inches in the past hour and the sky is just black. Not looking so good up here either. Storm clouds gathering again. They said to expect it.
09-14-2013 04:35 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
God is pissed Coloradans voted two Gun Control Democrats out?

Just askin'.
09-14-2013 04:54 PM
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

Doubt it. One got recalled by a majority dem turnout. Out of staters don't quite "get" the culture here. Especially NYers.

Oh lord, it's starting to rain again and here comes the hail. Batten down the hatches. Here we go again. Under another flash flood warning for the next several hours.
09-14-2013 05:20 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I posted on FB forum, I caught big hail. Roof is damaged I'm sure.
09-14-2013 05:26 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

Aurora is getting/got pounded again. Raining hard here now. Luckily, hail was brief (so far).
09-14-2013 05:37 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Pics of Aurora looked like they had ice on the streets!!!
09-14-2013 11:28 PM
CMUprof Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
Any danger of flooding like the one in Big Thompson Canyon? I used to fish there a lot when I was in grad school, can't believe the pics from Greeley, Ft Collins and Boulder. Hope things dry out as soon as possible. You need some chinook winds to go through and speed up the process.
09-15-2013 12:39 AM
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Not much of a chance of chinooks coming this time of the year, we need heat and typical Colorado high desert conditions to show up, by all indications that will be back on Monday.

Big Thompson is running into the Platte, and the people down on the front range are getting inundated big time. Sad.

Time to get on the Red Cross site and make a donation, they're going to need it for sure.
09-15-2013 12:43 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(09-13-2013 05:46 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  This afternoon, the rain finally stopped at my place and the sun peeked out after 4 straight days and nights of heavy rain. Can you imagine getting an entire year's worth of precip in just a few days? That is what has happened here. One National Weather Service forecaster called the extended rainstorm "Biblical." The flooding is/was unbelievable.

Upon seeing the sun for the first time since last Sunday, I immediately thought of this tune from my youth.

This is an epic disaster in Colorado. 4 confirmed dead and 80 unaccounted for. First responders have not yet reached some towns which were completely cut off from the world since the storm started. Communications are spotty at best, cell service down in many areas, telephone lines also down, bridges and roads washed out for 130 miles along the front range.

While I know that many here would prefer DB and myself gone, I think we made it through. But, it is not over yet. While some waters are starting to recede, more rain predicted for tonight and tomorrow night. Then we dry out next week. I've lived here for 33 years and have never seen anything even remotely like it.

If you are so inclined,say a prayer for the families of those lost and missing and those who lost everything.

09-15-2013 09:09 AM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

(09-13-2013 05:46 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  While I know that many here would prefer DB and myself gone, I think we made it through.

Say's who (other than Pez or Chuck Norris)? More value your contributions when actually discussing WMU sports.
09-15-2013 09:18 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

MHB and Belt are two of the nicer men I have ever met (Dip to in person, believe it or not), but I can see them wanting me gone.

#OkWithThat
09-15-2013 11:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.