Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Could the University of North Alabama get to FCS by joining the Southern Conference
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
Could the University of North Alabama get to FCS by joining the Southern Conference
Since App State and Ga Southern are moving up to the Sun Belt, is this the opportunity North Alabama has been waiting on to move up to FCS.

With the departures, the Southern Conference is now is comprised of

UT Chattanooga
Elon
Samford
UNC-Greensborough - non football
Western Carolina
The Citadel
Davidson
Furman
Wofford

And they are adding

East Tennessee
Mercer
Virginia Military Institure

Adding North Alabama makes 12

East

UT Chattanooga
Davidson
Elon
The Citadel
Virginia Military Institure
Western Carolina

West

Furman
Wofford
East Tennessee
Samford
Mercer
North Alabama
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013 01:00 PM by FloridaJag.)
09-13-2013 12:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
Could the University of North Alabama get to FCS by joining the Southern Confer
I have a feeling that an Atlantic Sun/Big South move would be more likely. UNA could be competitive in SoCon football quickly, but there are too many existing D-I schools ahead of them.
09-13-2013 04:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Could the University of North Alabama get to FCS by joining the Southern Conference
elon is in the caa. socon is at a comfortable 9 for football 10 for all sports. i don't see this one as likely. i agree the asun big south combo is more likely similar to kennesaw state.
09-13-2013 05:42 PM
Advertisement

CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: Could the University of North Alabama get to FCS by joining the Southern Conference
North Alabama would be a good geographic fit for the Atlantic Sun, at least. They would become the new west end of the footprint, but about in the middle in terms of north/south. If A-Sun didn't have its own football by then, UNA could go football-only in the Big South as well.
09-13-2013 05:42 PM
RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
RE: Could North Alabama get to FCS by joining the Southern Conference
(09-13-2013 05:42 PM)solohawks Wrote:  elon is in the caa. socon is at a comfortable 9 for football 10 for all sports. i don't see this one as likely. i agree the asun big south combo is more likely similar to kennesaw state.

Davidson is also on its way to the A-10.
09-13-2013 10:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.