Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

O/T: Big, big problems coming to OSU (Okla State U)
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
O/T: Big, big problems coming to OSU (Okla State U)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca...t/2797433/

Sounds like a cesspool and everything wrong with big time athletics.

Is this the worst of Minnesota hoops (1990s, I think) plus Miami (FL) 2010s all nicely rolled into one university? 05-nono x 4
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 04:19 AM by emu steve.)
09-11-2013 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cardinalcrazie Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Ball State
RE: O/T: Big, big problems coming to OSU (Okla State U)
The reply from T. Boone Pickens exemplifies what is wrong with it all. This quote sums it up.

"This series is not reflective of Oklahoma State University today. Many of their sensational allegations go back a decade ago"

So it's ok to cheat and gain from it as long as you don't get caught right away and then when you do get caught claim that it's all in the past and you can't punish us for things so far in the past. The current coaches, players, administrators weren't invlolved blah blah blah...

It's gotten so bad that so many programs have brainwashed themselves into believing things like this are ok. It's been a system of no control and slaps on the wrist for so long that it's now out of hand and warped.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 12:40 PM by cardinalcrazie.)
09-11-2013 12:39 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
And Miles fled to the SEC where such activity is encouraged.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 12:40 PM by DrTorch.)
09-11-2013 12:39 PM
TARDledo Offline
Imperial MACjesty

I Root For: Wayne Brady
The worst part is that they'll get the equivalent of a slap on the wrist. Imagine if these programs got an appropriate sanction, the trickle down effect would benefit programs in the MAC, etc.

If Penn State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, USC, Ohio State, etc all had limited scholarships many of those recruits would find themselves either directly in the MAC, MWC, etc., or by displacing a few athletes at other programs that would then make their way into the MAC. Clean programs would in a sense be rewarded, but instead nothing happens and dirty programs just keep cheating.
09-11-2013 12:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
Thanks for posting about a B12 school.

That is what the MAC board is for. To discuss the happenings at other institutions.

04-cheers
09-11-2013 01:20 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(09-11-2013 12:50 PM)TARDledo Wrote:  The worst part is that they'll get the equivalent of a slap on the wrist. Imagine if these programs got an appropriate sanction, the trickle down effect would benefit programs in the MAC, etc.

If Penn State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, USC, Ohio State, etc all had limited scholarships many of those recruits would find themselves either directly in the MAC, MWC, etc., or by displacing a few athletes at other programs that would then make their way into the MAC. Clean programs would in a sense be rewarded, but instead nothing happens and dirty programs just keep cheating.

Yes, and that's a feature, not a bug, for the people in control.
09-11-2013 01:36 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
In all seriousness, any of the persons involved in these dealings that is still involved with college athletics should be immediately banned and given show-cause orders. Only way to stop it.
09-11-2013 08:20 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I'm sure OSU had to do that in order to keep up with all the other P5 schools doing the same thing, except we haven't found out about them just yet.
09-12-2013 03:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.