Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CNNSI BG Article
Bookmark and Share
IULurker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
CNNSI BG Article
CNNSI has been showing the conference some love this season - somebody there must have graduated from a MAC school.

http://college-football.si.com/2013/09/1...t=cf_wr_a2
09-11-2013 10:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
RE: CNNSI BG Article
Should this be moved to the Bowling Green Board since its BG specific?

05-stirthepot
09-11-2013 10:28 AM
TARDledo Offline
Imperial MACjesty

I Root For: Wayne Brady
That's two weeks in a row that a MAC team is the feature team for this "Non-AQ" report. NIU after week 1 and BG after week 2. Hopefully, the MAC makes it 3 in a row.
09-11-2013 10:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(09-11-2013 10:28 AM)Kittonhead Wrote:  Should this be moved to the Bowling Green Board since its BG specific?

05-stirthepot

Why?

The BG board here is not THE BG board. Nobody would read it there.

Thanks for posting this IU!
09-11-2013 10:36 AM
The Optimist Offline
1st String

I Root For: Nicheless MAC
I am also confused why this isn't on the BG board.
09-11-2013 10:48 AM
TARDledo Offline
Imperial MACjesty

09-11-2013 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-11-2013 10:36 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 10:28 AM)Kittonhead Wrote:  Should this be moved to the Bowling Green Board since its BG specific?

05-stirthepot

Why?

The BG board here is not THE BG board. Nobody would read it there.

Thanks for posting this IU!

Agreed. I'm just trying to be consistent because school specific threads are no longer permitted here.
09-11-2013 11:00 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
National articles about MAC teams are relevant to the board in general. Big difference.
09-11-2013 11:04 AM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-11-2013 11:04 AM)axeme Wrote:  National articles about MAC teams are relevant to the board in general. Big difference.

So nothing from an official school website is permitted, like something saying a certain schools season ticket sales are up 47%?
09-11-2013 11:09 AM
TARDledo Offline
Imperial MACjesty

This is NOT school specific you moron.

It's a "Non-AQ" report, Ball State and Central Michigan are mentioned in the article.

But if it makes you feel better here is last week's featuring NIU.

NIU begins to prove last season was no fluke

Bowling Green was mentioned in this one too as was....Ohio.

Quote:THREE DOWN

Ohio: The advanced numbers were on Ohio’s side entering its matchup with Louisville, but a couple of suspensions and an absolute buzzsaw of an offensive performance from the Cardinals buried the Bobcats out of the gates. This was as bad a performance as Ohio could have possibly had, and it’s likely not indicative of what we’ll see from the team in league play. The Bobcats were simply overwhelmed by a superior opponent.

Funny thing is that NIU was the featured team last week and yet an NIU fan DID NOT post it here and BG is the featured team this week and again, a BG fan DID NOT post this here. This was posted by a fan of another team.

STFU, ******* Boobcat fans.
09-11-2013 11:10 AM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-11-2013 11:10 AM)TARDledo Wrote:  This is NOT school specific you moron.

It's a "Non-AQ" report, Ball State and Central Michigan are mentioned in the article.

I didn't look at the article. All I did was look at the inappropriate title of the thread to assume that it was out of line.
09-11-2013 11:15 AM
Advertisement

exCincy Kid Offline
All American

I Root For:
Axeme wrote: National articles about MAC teams are relevant to the board in general.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eCK: This! Of course I want to read a MAC related article like this and I don't peruse the BG board, so it needs to be here.

P.S. Miami is fortunate not to have been mentioned as "Three down" although CMU did not escape.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 11:38 AM by exCincy Kid.)
09-11-2013 11:35 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

Media attention from outside the local MAC markets is relevant stuff. Lord knows we don't need links to every local article about MAC teams. I find KSU relevant links on the KSU board. They are not linked here because they are KSU-centric. This is not a difficult concept. Anyone wanting to find out details about what is going on with a specific team can visit their board where you have an audience to discuss it with.

And the board then avoids a lot of the pointless personal nonsense that goes on, but all information is still available. Win-win.
09-11-2013 11:42 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(09-11-2013 11:15 AM)Kittonhead Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 11:10 AM)TARDledo Wrote:  This is NOT school specific you moron.

I didn't look at the article. All I did was look at the inappropriate title of the thread to assume that it was out of line.

So you hijacked a useful thread just to stir up strife and, once again, get off subject?
09-11-2013 11:47 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I don't care if somebody posts articles from local papers about their school as long as they don't go on and on about it.
09-11-2013 01:37 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
In fairness, we get many threads started that are totally off-topic (and identified as such) to the MAC board and nobody seems to have an issue with that.
09-11-2013 01:42 PM
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-11-2013 11:42 AM)axeme Wrote:  Media attention from outside the local MAC markets is relevant stuff. Lord knows we don't need links to every local article about MAC teams. I find KSU relevant links on the KSU board. They are not linked here because they are KSU-centric. This is not a difficult concept. Anyone wanting to find out details about what is going on with a specific team can visit their board where you have an audience to discuss it with.

And the board then avoids a lot of the pointless personal nonsense that goes on, but all information is still available. Win-win.

Its slow news day for the MAC every day. There is a MAC facilities thread that has plenty of locally linked articles. Plenty of chest beating there but its something to talk about it.

The problem is not what is posted but a handful of antagonistic people on the board. They never post aside from telling somebody off. What is needed is a strong Mod that is impartial which we don't have. I've discussed with other moderators the issue before on this board.
09-11-2013 01:43 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

A good objective moderator would delete about half your posts and threads.
09-11-2013 01:45 PM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-11-2013 01:45 PM)axeme Wrote:  A good objective moderator would delete about half your posts and threads.

You just don't like what I have to say. If you did you would have problem with my threads. Many times you've said that MAC teams can't build a larger long term fanbase but you're own team Kent State is fast improving on its number.

What are you going to say once Kent State starts drawing 30,000 a game? Will you be able to admit you are wrong?
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 01:57 PM by Kittonhead.)
09-11-2013 01:56 PM
TARDledo Offline
Imperial MACjesty

(09-11-2013 01:43 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 11:42 AM)axeme Wrote:  Media attention from outside the local MAC markets is relevant stuff. Lord knows we don't need links to every local article about MAC teams. I find KSU relevant links on the KSU board. They are not linked here because they are KSU-centric. This is not a difficult concept. Anyone wanting to find out details about what is going on with a specific team can visit their board where you have an audience to discuss it with.

Its slow news day for the MAC every day. There is a MAC facilities thread that has plenty of locally linked articles. Plenty of chest beating there but its something to talk about it.

The problem is not what is posted but a handful of antagonistic people on the board. They never post aside from telling somebody off. What is needed is a strong Mod that is impartial which we don't have. I've discussed with other moderators the issue before on this board.

You are dense.

A MAC facilities thread is about MAC facilities and completely different to a thread devoted to the new ice machine in the Ohio training room. Ice will be cold, which will refresh the athletes leading to dominance!!! 01-wingedeagle
09-11-2013 02:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.