Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

We are not ready....
Bookmark and Share
bulldogg Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
We are not ready....
Getting our asses handed to us by a cellar-dwelling MAC team is all the evidence we need to tell us that we don't belong. Actually, I think we are ready, but we have to learn how to avoid this "playing to not lose" crap. We dominated Akron yesterday and they beat us. We just let off the gas and gave them enough big plays to put us away. Very frustrating.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 07:49 PM by bulldogg.)
09-08-2013 01:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
RE: We are not ready....
Ass handed to us? Lol
09-08-2013 02:34 AM
CharlestonDuke Offline
Special Teams

We are not ready....
Obviously drunk
09-08-2013 05:57 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
We are not ready....
There were many penalties, big plays allowed, etc, but how is losing by 2 and in the situation to win but running out of time while in field goal range "getting your ass handed to you"? Maryland vs odu and Oregon v. UVA was getting their ass handed to them.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 06:25 AM by Potomac.)
09-08-2013 06:25 AM
JMUDukeDawg Offline
1st String

We are not ready....
Thank God bulldogg's not an App State fan...he may have thrown himself into the Pacific last night...
09-08-2013 06:55 AM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
Chicken or egg, losing a game does not equate to not being ready for 1A. Infrastructure is bigger than a coaching staff, good or bad.
09-08-2013 07:17 AM
Advertisement

mainejeff Online
Special Teams

I Root For: Maine
You have a beautiful stadium though!
09-08-2013 08:04 AM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
(09-08-2013 08:04 AM)mainejeff Wrote:  You have a beautiful stadium though!

You do not by any stretch of the imagination.
09-08-2013 08:14 AM
mainejeff Online
Special Teams

(09-08-2013 08:14 AM)All Dukes_All Day Wrote:  

But we do have a 2-0 record with a win over an FBS team and you don't.

I guess that thems the breaks.........
09-08-2013 08:32 AM
rufus Offline
Special Teams

(09-08-2013 08:32 AM)mainejeff Wrote:  

I'll take them breaks.....
09-08-2013 08:50 AM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt

Yeah...still not jealous of anything Maine football related.
09-08-2013 08:56 AM
Advertisement

JMad03 Offline
Heisman

It's a shame he has to come over here to talk football. If only Maine had 1 other fan he could talk to...
09-08-2013 09:30 AM
JMUSuperfan2000 Offline
Special Teams

Losing to an FBS team (albeit a crappy one) on the road by 2 with what should've been a chance to win isn't a bad place to be. Am I pissed we lost? Absolutely! Do I think we should have won by at least 10? Absolutely! But this game certainly doesn't mean we're not ready to move up. Even crappy FBS teams are still working with an additional 22 scholarships and have deeper benches.
09-08-2013 09:32 AM
mainejeff Online
Special Teams

(09-08-2013 08:50 AM)rufus Wrote:  

I'll take them breaks.....

You have no choice.

Anyway.....you guys will bounce back. And don't worry.......you'll be playing Akron and UMass in league games before you know it.03-thumbsup
09-08-2013 09:32 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
We are not ready....
I think this game showed we ARE ready. With 22 less scholarships AND bad coaching, we still had a chance.
09-08-2013 09:37 AM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(09-08-2013 09:37 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  I think this game showed we ARE ready. With 22 less scholarships AND bad coaching, we still had a chance.

I think so too. With better in game coaching we'd have probably been up by at least a couple touchdowns at half and we definitely would have ended up winning, maybe handily. So with less scholarships and being FCS we still had enough talent and everything, the only problem was some bad coaching in game. If we were to go FBS we'd get more scholarships and we'd get even better recruits, I think we'd immediately be better than Akron(well I think we already are and just blew it). Maybe Mickey will even eventually learn what not to do when we get an early lead.
09-08-2013 10:47 AM
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-08-2013 10:47 AM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  
(09-08-2013 09:37 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  I think this game showed we ARE ready. With 22 less scholarships AND bad coaching, we still had a chance.

I think so too. With better in game coaching we'd have probably been up by at least a couple touchdowns at half and we definitely would have ended up winning, maybe handily. So with less scholarships and being FCS we still had enough talent and everything, the only problem was some bad coaching in game. If we were to go FBS we'd get more scholarships and we'd get even better recruits, I think we'd immediately be better than Akron(well I think we already are and just blew it). Maybe Mickey will even eventually learn what not to do when we get an early lead.

Not disagreeing that better in-game coaching would have helped yesterday, but bad in-game coaching didn't lose yesterday's game.

Players on the field getting beat on multiple long passes for TDs, or fumbling on your team's 15 yard line is what lost yesterday's game. Those are the (poor) plays of R-Fr...a byproduct of having fewer scholarships, and the coaching decision to play them because they may be our best options.
09-08-2013 10:55 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(09-08-2013 10:55 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  

Not disagreeing that better in-game coaching would have helped yesterday, but bad in-game coaching didn't lose yesterday's game.

Players on the field getting beat on multiple long passes for TDs, or fumbling on your team's 15 yard line is what lost yesterday's game. Those are the (poor) plays of R-Fr...a byproduct of having fewer scholarships, and the coaching decision to play them because they may be our best options.

Lets not forget our top CB was kicked off the team for the drug related shooting, forcing that R-Fr CB to start.
09-08-2013 11:19 AM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

(09-08-2013 10:55 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  

I agree. There were some faults regarding the in-game coaching but they can't put 15 games of experience into a guy like Taylor Reynolds during the game. The kid is playing a new position and just needs some experience. I'm not blaming him for the loss, I think he's going to wind up being very good. I saw this morning that 46% of Akron's offense came on 3 plays.

One thing that's still so frustrating is the looking at the sideline thing. Every time we do that the play is either an incompletion or a run for no gain or a loss. Birdsong needs to be able (and empowered) to run the offense when a defensive end or a LB twitches a little. Do we not practice blitz pick up? You don't see Peyton Manning stop the whole snap count and look at the sideline when an outside linebacker faints blitz. It throws everything off and guys are standing around. We never even switch formations or anything. It just seems like a total lack of preparedness. You leave people sitting in their stance while Ulrick Edmonds and two backup QBs flail away on the sideline and there's no rhythm. Never works.
09-08-2013 11:46 AM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-08-2013 11:19 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  Lets not forget our top CB was kicked off the team for the drug related shooting, forcing that R-Fr CB to start.

As that CB should of been. And that certainly hurt the team.

Hopefully you're not implying JMU coaching could have stopped that young man from making a stupid, youthful decision? Common sense tells you no coaching staff tells a player go out and get involved in a drug deal, and for good measure, make sure guns are involved.

I know for a fact JMU players are counseled and taught what to do...but following the rules and doing what they're taught/told to do is another matter.
09-08-2013 11:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.