Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Graham Glasgow, son of NIU doctor, doesn't think Huskies football matters!
Bookmark and Share
bramedonas1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MAC sports
Graham Glasgow, son of NIU doctor, doesn't think Huskies football matters!
This kid disrespects NIU, the school that signs his dad's checks! What a pompous ass! Story says the kid was getting recruited some by MAC schools in high school but he wasn't interested (never mind the fact that no scholarships were being offered!). He says he started paying attention to Jerry Kill when he went to Minnesota, because if he's gonna continue playing in college he wanted to play in the Big Ten where it "mattered!" (And yet, NIU is the same team that beat Minnesota the year before Kill arrived! Glasgow has a short memory or doesn't want to give his dad's team any props!)
I'm not on Facebook. You posters who have Facebook accounts can post comments on the end of this story in the Detroit Free Press about the Glasgow boys.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130906/SP...an-glasgow
09-06-2013 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bramedonas1 Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: Graham Glasgow, son of NIU doctor, doesn't think Huskies football matters!
(09-06-2013 09:43 AM)bramedonas1 Wrote:  This kid disrespects NIU, the school that signs his dad's checks! What a pompous ass! Story says the kid was getting recruited some by MAC schools in high school but he wasn't interested (never mind the fact that no scholarships were being offered!). He says he started paying attention to Jerry Kill when he went to Minnesota, because if he's gonna continue playing in college he wanted to play in the Big Ten where it "mattered!" (And yet, NIU is the same team that beat Minnesota the year before Kill arrived! Glasgow has a short memory or doesn't want to give his dad's team any props!)
I'm not on Facebook. You posters who have Facebook accounts can post comments on the end of this story in the Detroit Free Press about the Glasgow boys.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130906/SP...an-glasgow

NIU went to a BCS bowl in 2013; Michigan didn't. But football matters at Michigan, not at NIU, according to Glasgow!! Bush League comments from him!!!
09-06-2013 09:51 AM
clcfball11 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU!!!
Haaaaaaaa what a douche!
09-06-2013 09:51 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUzkRRKj6kBtPtjQg0hEy...q6M5XCoO8A]
09-06-2013 09:55 AM
NIU8484 Offline
All American

Don't worry, soon enough he will have CTE and be slurping soup in his pajamas (shocked a doctor isn't wise enough to realize the concussion issues for his kids playing football)...I mean did you see the pic of this clown?

[Image: bilde?Site=C4&Date=20130906&...an-glasgow]
09-06-2013 10:17 AM
DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Not surprising when a couple teenagers believe what the likes of ESPN tell them about college football. There are always kids on the NIU campus who think the same way. I'm sure even now, after all that happened last year.

We aren't really part of College Football the brand. Programs like us are outsiders and aren't going to appeal to kids like them because of that.

These guys are the kind of kids who like the Heat and Yankees.
09-06-2013 10:19 AM
Advertisement

niu79 Offline
All American

Where in this article does it say that NIU Huskie football does not matter? The kid said he wanted to play for Michigan, where football matters, that's all.

Besides never dissing NIU, the kid is absolutely correct.

You guys need to stop reading S%$t into every article you read.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 10:58 AM by niu79.)
09-06-2013 10:57 AM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Can we please close this thread? It's kind of embarassing.
09-06-2013 11:02 AM
bramedonas1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-06-2013 10:57 AM)niu79 Wrote:  Where in this article does it say that NIU Huskie football does not matter? The kid said he wanted to play for Michigan, where football matters, that's all.

First, a correction: in my above post, I noted MAC schools recruited Glasgow but did not offer him scholarships. Apparently, according to the article, WMU offered him.
Back to my point: I am not insecure about perceived negative comments about NIU. Also, quit trying to defend this kid. His comments are very telling and yes indeed he had no respect for NIU or the MAC in general.
He may not have come right out and said NIU football doesn't matter, but he didn't need to. It was apparent in his comments about being recruited by teams in the MAC.
According to this excerpt from the article, he gave Kill more respect once he went to Minnesota. Sorry, kid, but MAC schools will never be afraid or impressed when playing a school like Minnesota in football!):

"Mid-American Conference schools were chasing Graham. Western Michigan wanted a visit during Marmion’s title-game run, offering both boys scholarships. But they weren’t stepping away during the season. Eastern Michigan showed interest, then never called back.

Not that Graham would have reciprocated.

“I told my dad, if I’m going to try to play college football, I’m going to do this at the highest level, where it matters,” Graham recalled.

Minnesota coach Jerry Kill got the first crack at the potential preferred walk-ons, watching Graham’s film. Kill was thrilled at his development as a junior and senior. There was a natural connection, from his years coaching Northern Illinois when Steve was the team doctor.

Graham took a visit and “was really excited,” Steve recalled."
09-06-2013 11:14 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

He is a fricken kid. pathetic thread
09-06-2013 11:17 AM
niufan99 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
The Glasgow boys were among some of the most polite young men I knew, while working as a crossing guard at 1st and Hillcrest, they were still at St. Mary's and occasionally would walk from the middle
school home. I think their young comments are a direct opinion of that family, which is go big or go home, no pun.... both parents went to Penn, Steve played there and could have played pro. I believe for the Steelers. They have raised, well mannered, fine young men, who don't happen to want to play MAC ball, wish we had them we don't tho. It will be interesting to see where their life path takes them. I love the visual of their Italian Nana getting after them, those guys are huge, and she kept them under control.... go Nana...... don't be so vicious, how do you feel about PJ Fleck, are you happy for him, or angry now because he didn't come here.... come on now, you do what you think you should do ... I do, and if your honest, so do you.... wish them all nothing but good football, but most of all get those grades, you have big shoes to fill!!!!! I'm Ron's wife Kathy btw, so go ahead, beat me up boys!!! sticks and stones you know? And yes I understand the game, had a good teacher... Ron
09-06-2013 11:36 AM
Advertisement

Who You Crappin'? Offline
1st String

(09-06-2013 11:36 AM)niufan99 Wrote:  The Glasgow boys were among some of the most polite young men I knew, while working as a crossing guard at 1st and Hillcrest, they were still at St. Mary's and occasionally would walk from the middle
school home. I think their young comments are a direct opinion of that family, which is go big or go home, no pun.... both parents went to Penn, Steve played there and could have played pro. I believe for the Steelers. They have raised, well mannered, fine young men, who don't happen to want to play MAC ball, wish we had them we don't tho. It will be interesting to see where their life path takes them. I love the visual of their Italian Nana getting after them, those guys are huge, and she kept them under control.... go Nana...... don't be so vicious, how do you feel about PJ Fleck, are you happy for him, or angry now because he didn't come here.... come on now, you do what you think you should do ... I do, and if your honest, so do you.... wish them all nothing but good football, but most of all get those grades, you have big shoes to fill!!!!! I'm Ron's wife Kathy btw, so go ahead, beat me up boys!!! sticks and stones you know? And yes I understand the game, had a good teacher... Ron

Epic Mind Blown
09-06-2013 11:41 AM
DeKalb57 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Barbs & Huskies
We could have used them both (actually all 3) at DHS & NIU.
09-06-2013 11:48 AM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
why does any of this matter? moving on.
09-06-2013 11:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GCD70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu
(09-06-2013 11:50 AM)huskiealum03 Wrote:  why does any of this matter? moving on.

does it really matter what this kid says
09-06-2013 12:02 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
(09-06-2013 12:02 PM)GCD70 Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 11:50 AM)huskiealum03 Wrote:  why does any of this matter? moving on.

it does not!
09-06-2013 12:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bramedonas1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-06-2013 12:07 PM)huskiealum03 Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 12:02 PM)GCD70 Wrote:  

it does not!

Yes, it matters, cause their dad was the NIU doctor. It's lack of respect for the university and the league in which NIU is a member. Period. If the dad didn't work for the university it would be a non-issue.
09-06-2013 12:21 PM
Max Power Online
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
I for one don't think there's nearly enough posts in this thread devoted to analysis of what one teenager thinks "matters" and why.
09-06-2013 12:30 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(09-06-2013 10:57 AM)niu79 Wrote:  Where in this article does it say that NIU Huskie football does not matter? The kid said he wanted to play for Michigan, where football matters, that's all.

+1
09-06-2013 12:42 PM
NIU8484 Offline
All American

LOUD NOISES!

[Image: falcon-punch-scary-maze-game-o.gif]
09-06-2013 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.