Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Amazing TV Schedule and Amazing Day For The Big East...!
Bookmark and Share
billyjack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Providence
Amazing TV Schedule and Amazing Day For The Big East...!
I think this should get its own thread...

Here is the link to the full Big East TV schedule that Jet gave to us in the other thread:

Full Big East TV Schedule for 2013-14 Season

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketba...ource=t.co

The schedule really is amazing. The OOC TV slate is amazing too. It's a college basketball fan's dream. Fans in the northeast are going to love this. This deluge of OOC games allows all fans to get familiar with all players on all teams-- they'll be household names by the time the regular season starts. The familiarity will build more and more interest. This really goes back to the old school Big East, where we knew the top 8-9 guys on each team. And this is what we didn't have any more in the ESPN-designed Big East.

I mean, man, there are games almost every night! I think every step of the way for the 10 of us since our announcement in December has been fantastic. Credit goes to Fox Sports, Val Ackerman and each of the 10 schools for putting together an amazing conference.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 11:28 PM by billyjack.)
09-05-2013 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
RE: Amazing TV Schedule and Amazing Day For The Big East...!
I think the thing that is even more important is keeping the relationship with CBS quite frankly... Having up to 5 CBS games a year is huge long term for us I think...
09-06-2013 01:03 AM
monroedoctrine Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Georgetown
(09-06-2013 01:03 AM)stever20 Wrote:  I think the thing that is even more important is keeping the relationship with CBS quite frankly... Having up to 5 CBS games a year is huge long term for us I think...

Agree with this. Though I'd love to see 5 on regular Fox just as much.
09-06-2013 06:16 AM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

Where is Fox Sports 2 though and what is FSN? I don't have access to those I don't think, does anyone else?

(09-06-2013 01:03 AM)stever20 Wrote:  I think the thing that is even more important is keeping the relationship with CBS quite frankly... Having up to 5 CBS games a year is huge long term for us I think...

Agreed, CBS gets big basketball numbers in the northeast. That is why the AAC (old Big East) and Big East are both still pushing it so hard.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 07:12 AM by IceJus10.)
09-06-2013 07:06 AM
TheRock Offline
Fresh off PUP list

I Root For: SHU
How can BE fans not be the envy of other cbb fans simply for the excitement around being part of Fox Sports historic launch! Someone wins the ship every year and four schools make the ff4 every year, that's cool but 1979 was the last time a network & a cbb conference made this kind of splash...can't wait!
09-06-2013 07:27 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Not having any ESPN games is going to hurt this league. Getting back on CBS helps but this conference is a non-entity is the eyes of ESPN which I believe was a huge mistake.

Until Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 become established like their ESPN counterparts this conference has essentially placed their games on channels that most casual fans will not look at.

I am excited that I will be able watch another conference on TV on another network but the exposure during conference season is a step below the American, ACC, Big Ten, and SEC in my view. I do like how the non-conference games are featured nationally.
09-06-2013 07:46 AM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

I've never thought that being on ESPN for conference season is a requirement.

Also, I think the thing that drives ratings for college regular season aren't the casual fans, but that it's the crazy all-in fans that all of us here are quite frankly.

I think also that the volume of early season games that we're going to have- something like 62 on the Fox networks, then all of the ESPN exposures in their tournaments(all 10 teams are in one)- over 100 games will be aired before the conference season starts.

Frankly, I think what the Big East got from Fox getting all the OOC games showed and then roughly 2/3 of the conference games- I think it was perfect.
09-06-2013 07:57 AM
TheRock Offline
Fresh off PUP list

(09-06-2013 07:46 AM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  Not having any ESPN games is going to hurt this league. Getting back on CBS helps but this conference is a non-entity is the eyes of ESPN which I believe was a huge mistake.

Until Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 become established like their ESPN counterparts this conference has essentially placed their games on channels that most casual fans will not look at.

I am excited that I will be able watch another conference on TV on another network but the exposure during conference season is a step below the American, ACC, Big Ten, and SEC in my view. I do like how the non-conference games are featured nationally.

I'd rather be a well-paid headliner off-broadway. than an a bit-player on broadway. Being one of the sheep in the crowd on ESPN didn't seem to help BE fb from a marketing/branding standpoint.
09-06-2013 08:07 AM
ivet Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePaul, Hoya
(09-06-2013 08:07 AM)TheRock Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 07:46 AM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  Not having any ESPN games is going to hurt this league. Getting back on CBS helps but this conference is a non-entity is the eyes of ESPN which I believe was a huge mistake.

I'd rather be a well-paid headliner off-broadway. than an a bit-player on broadway. Being one of the sheep in the crowd on ESPN didn't seem to help BE fb from a marketing/branding standpoint.

This.

Can't wait to get the season started.
09-06-2013 09:27 AM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

Fox Sports 1 (and whenever they launch Fox Sports 2) have a LONG way to go to establish themselves... right now FS1 is drawing audiences smaller than fishing shows on NBCSN. By the time basketball season comes around, hopefully it'll be more established thanks to the B12 and P12 football games.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 01:38 PM by IceJus10.)
09-06-2013 01:37 PM
TheRock Offline
Fresh off PUP list

(09-06-2013 01:37 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  Fox Sports 1 (and whenever they launch Fox Sports 2) have a LONG way to go to establish themselves... right now FS1 is drawing audiences smaller than fishing shows on NBCSN. By the time basketball season comes around, hopefully it'll be more established thanks to the B12 and P12 football games.

Just watch, Fox with the NFL already has a track record in sports of gaining market presence against the odds. They do it by spending money. The BE as well has been one of the most innovative & resilient leagues over the last 30+ years...we'll be alright.
09-06-2013 02:04 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

I think FS1 will be very interesting. The concern with them is the lack of properties available to bid on. Really for the next 6-7 years, the only properties up for bid are Big Ten and NBA. After that, the next thing may be the AAC quite frankly. It's not for another 7-8 years that things really start opening up for bids.
09-06-2013 02:09 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I do think FS1 caught a bad break last night how late the NFL game ran. It would have been interesting to see how many folks would have gone to Fox Sports Live after the game had the game ended at a reasonable time.

Sunday night's ratings should be very interesting.
09-06-2013 02:12 PM
billyjack Offline
1st String

With soccer--
Will Fox Sports 1 be televising any Big East soccer games this Fall?

Also, with sports properties--
I know that NBCSN has rights to the English Premier League, taking it from Fox Soccer. But are the Spanish League ("Superliga"), Italian ("Serie A"), French ("Championnat") and/or German ("Bundesliga") national leagues still open for the taking? At this point, I can find German matches on GOL TV. I can't find any Spanish, Italian or French matches.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 02:25 PM by billyjack.)
09-06-2013 02:21 PM
billyjack Offline
1st String

(09-06-2013 02:04 PM)TheRock Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 01:37 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  Fox Sports 1 (and whenever they launch Fox Sports 2) have a LONG way to go to establish themselves... right now FS1 is drawing audiences smaller than fishing shows on NBCSN. By the time basketball season comes around, hopefully it'll be more established thanks to the B12 and P12 football games.

Just watch, Fox with the NFL already has a track record in sports of gaining market presence against the odds. They do it by spending money. The BE as well has been one of the most innovative & resilient leagues over the last 30+ years...we'll be alright.

Yeah, I can't imagine a network that televises the football of Oklahoma, Texas, Southern Cal, Oregon, Stanford, etc, will not be noticed.
09-06-2013 02:24 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(09-06-2013 02:09 PM)stever20 Wrote:  I think FS1 will be very interesting. The concern with them is the lack of properties available to bid on. Really for the next 6-7 years, the only properties up for bid are Big Ten and NBA. After that, the next thing may be the AAC quite frankly. It's not for another 7-8 years that things really start opening up for bids.

Okay but whats the problem? Say they get a big chunk of the B1G, which is very likely. They have PAc, B1G, BE and Big XII. Along with NASCAR, UFC, Boxing and some MLB games. Thats much better than the other competitors to ESPN.

FS1 isn't about the next few years but the next few decades. Fox isn't going to give up because there aren't many properties up for bid. They clearly knew that going in.

And what if they get a piece of both of those? You don't think it will happen but say it does. Then it looks much better for us doesn't it?
09-06-2013 02:26 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

It's really a shame the launch didn't happen like 2 years prior. Just in the last 2 years, had MLB, NHL, NFL, Olympics, and college sports. Just getting ONE more thing changes the equation SO much. The thing is yes they are better than the other competitors to ESPN, but you know what that is like, the tallest Midget.

I will say, I hope like anything Fox gets the olympics starting in 2022. I HATE NBC's coverage!!!!
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 02:49 PM by stever20.)
09-06-2013 02:49 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

found this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_broa...ted_States

think 2 things that FS1 could get that would help them out a lot..
US Open(tennis) contract ends 2014
Triple Crown races- contract ends 2015

they don't have the date for it, but another thing would be the French Open.
09-06-2013 03:22 PM
MU88 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-06-2013 03:22 PM)stever20 Wrote:  found this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_broa...ted_States

think 2 things that FS1 could get that would help them out a lot..
US Open(tennis) contract ends 2014
Triple Crown races- contract ends 2015

they don't have the date for it, but another thing would be the French Open.

NBA in 2016, plus FOX could expand its baseball coverage. If it could expand NFL to broadcast out of market games on FS1 and FS2 while having a primary game on Fox, rating could increase substantially.
09-06-2013 03:29 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

NBA 2016 is huge of course...

NFL I just don't see the local channels allowing Fox(and CBS on CBSSN) to do that.... just not realistic. Also, that little thing called Sunday NFL ticket would prohibit that.
09-06-2013 03:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.